Connecting wired headset to XBox wireless controller and hearing audio when the connecting...

Discus and support Connecting wired headset to XBox wireless controller and hearing audio when the connecting... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello. I want to connect wired headphones or headset to the new XBox controller via the 3.5mm jack, but I want to use the controller via Bluetooth and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Timothy Hanley, May 4, 2021 at 7:32 PM.

1. Connecting wired headset to XBox wireless controller and hearing audio when the connecting...

Hello.

I want to connect wired headphones or headset to the new XBox controller via the 3.5mm jack, but I want to use the controller via Bluetooth and still hear audio in the headphones.

• I have a new XBox wireless controller for X|S connected to a Windows-10 PC.
    • I do not have a Microsoft XBox dongle.
    • The controller connects to the PC via Bluetooth. There is no problem.
    • I can use Bluetooth headphones connected via Bluetooth to the PC. There is no problem.
    If I connect the XBox controller to the PC via USB cable, I can plug in my wired (not Bluetooth) headphones to the controller and the PC recognizes it the same way as if I connected the wired headphones to the audio jack on the PC.

When I remove the USB cable to the controller, I no longer have audio, but the controller still works with Bluetooth.

I want the controller to connect via Bluetooth and use a wired headset to the controller.

Can someone help or at least explain?

:)

Timothy Hanley, May 4, 2021 at 7:32 PM
  2. Viewlesshompa Win User

Headset problem

The headset in question is a Tritton Kama with a 3.5mm plug.

the headset is brand new and marked as xbox compatible.

I cannot get the headset to work with any of my two original wireless controllers that accepts 3.5mm without an adapter.

When I try a wired aftermarket controller, @play, it works flawless. Headset is recognized as soon it is connected.

I then tried my wireless controllers and wire connected them to the xbox and then connected the headset. Did not solve the problem.

Best regards
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox One Headset chat

Is the headset wired or wireless? If the headset is wired, it could be an issue with the cable connecting the headset to the controller.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox Bluetooth Controller as well headset not being recognized

the controller supports bluetooth connection to pc and mobile devices but does not support audio over bluetooth in any way shape or form (does support audio passthrough when wired to pc)

the headset should work though when the controller is wirelessly connected to the xbox one.

have you resynced the controller to the xbox one.
  5. Eric Wilborn Win User

xbox blue tooth HELP

Hey there. I assume you're talking about the official Xbox wireless headset. Have you tried the following?

The headset can’t connect to a specific controller

Try the following:

Unplug any wired headsets from the console.

On the wireless headset, press the connect button. Lights on the wireless headset and on the controller are lit when they are connected. If the headset connects to the wrong position on the controller, press the connect button again to switch to the next
    available position.

If your headset still won’t connect, try this:

Disconnect all other accessories from the console.

Turn off all wireless controllers:

Press and hold the Guide button on the controller for three seconds.

Confirm that you want to turn off only the controller.

Press the power button on the wireless headset.

Press the connect button on the console.

Press the connect button on the wireless headset. The lights around the console power button will spin and blink once. The position that remains lit is the position of the wireless headset.

If you want to test if the wireless headset will connect to the other positions, press the connect button again. The wireless headset connects to the next position.
  6. zl DiviNe lz Win User

Wired versus Wireless Controllers/Headsets

Wired connection is better because there is no need to charge the headset, just plug the headset into the control, and with the wireless connection you would need to charge the headset and the control as well.
Thema:

Connecting wired headset to XBox wireless controller and hearing audio when the connecting...

1. Connecting wired headset to XBox wireless controller and hearing audio when the connecting... - Similar Threads - Connecting wired headset

2. Xbox One X issues over ethernet connection and conflicting with other wired devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X issues over ethernet connection and conflicting with other wired devices: Hi all, I'm having issues getting internet using a wired connection. I'm usually able to get it connected to the internet (after clearing MAC, unplugging and plugging ethernet cable again,...
  3. Why wont my xbox 360 wired controller connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox 360 wired controller connect: I have 3 wired controllers that work in other devices but when ever i put it in my console doesnt matter what port it just blinks i got it to work a few times if i have all pluged in but ive been...
  4. No Sound on Xbox One Wired Headset When Connected to Xbox Series S controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Sound on Xbox One Wired Headset When Connected to Xbox Series S controller: Hello, So I recently got the Xbox One Wired Headset and I tried connect it to my Xbox Series S controller, however, there are no sounds coming out of it. I feel like I have tried almost...
  5. New Xbox One won’t connect to network, wired or wireless

in XboX Networking Hardware
    New Xbox One won’t connect to network, wired or wireless: New Xbox One won’t connect to network, wired or wireless Hello, If you’re unable to connect to a network on Xbox One, try the solutions here: network connection troubleshooter If this issue...
  6. Xbox One X Connectivity to wifi or wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Connectivity to wifi or wired connection: I honestly bought an Xbox One X last July for my son and we are yet to be able to use it. When it powers on it says connect to wired or wireless I select wireless but the xbox doesn't detect any...
  7. Microphone audio doesn't register when connecting headset through a wired Xbox One Elite...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone audio doesn't register when connecting headset through a wired Xbox One Elite...: I just built a computer, and I am trying to use my current controller setup. However, while I can get audio, my mic isn't picking up. Here's my setup: - I am using an Xbox Elite series 2...
  8. My headset isn't connecting to my xbox controller (Wired)

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset isn't connecting to my xbox controller (Wired): I use a Astro A10 which had no problems until today it there any known fix? 125a03df-399f-4cda-9a01-9dbf3f0cd518
  9. No sound on headset or mic for XO Three Gaming Headset Wired connected to a wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound on headset or mic for XO Three Gaming Headset Wired connected to a wireless controller: Purchased a new Ear Force XO Three Gaming Headset(Turtle Beach) and a wireless controller. Connected the headset to the wireless controller and attempted setup on X Box One Console. However, we...
  10. Loose wire connection issue (Headset)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loose wire connection issue (Headset): I have a day one original xbox one headset that came with the console back in 2013. Up till today it had been working fine without any issues, with over 100's of hours of use since. Then I go to...