: Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network

Discus and support : Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network If you get a router that supports UPnP, this generally... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by X13 BEGGAN, Mar 11, 2019.

1. X13 BEGGAN
    X13 BEGGAN Guest

: Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network

If you get a router that supports UPnP, this generally solves the issue. I use a Netgear router that offers UPnP and don't have any issues as far as port forwarding or setting static IPs with 4 Xbox system in the house.

:)

X13 BEGGAN, Mar 11, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network

I would recommend going into your router and statically setting the IP address for

each and setting Port Forwarding for each device.
    That will likely produce the best result without impacting performance too much. If you have questions on how to set up port forwarding, you can let us know the Make/Model of your router/modem and I can
    help look up the steps specifically for the device you're using.

There are some advanced things you can do, but it can depend on equipment capabilities and how comfortable you'd be performing those actions, such as setting a second VLAN and statically setting each device in the two. But those are likely not the best
    option, and might impact performance depending on device, but they do exist.
  3. skylaar Win User

If you get a router that supports UPnP, this generally solves the issue. I use a Netgear router that offers UPnP and don't have any issues as far as port forwarding or setting static IPs with 4 Xbox system in the house.
  4. Arminator Win User

Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network

In that case your router has trouble assigning proper ports for each console via UPnP.

You probably have to go to the console's network settings, and in the advanced settings set up a custom port for one of your two consoles.

If you have more consoles, make sure that each console uses an unique port number.

Then set up port forwarding rules to your consoles in your router appropriately.
  5. JScott737 Win User

chat channel issues

This page has some useful steps to help with slow network performance:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/slow-performance-solution
    I am also an ambassador, Please upgrade this to tech support. The Xbox operating system and a game is running the system at max; like crappy vista... This thing need to be streamlined. Running a Scorpio, GIG internet, asus rog router and open ports for game.
    This is issue is an xbox programming issue. Not some network problem. When i am in a chat group and playing( Cod4), if one person enter the group while playing every one in that chat will get that lag spike. So this is not a single console issue, it is across
    five or six units all with the same time experiencing the same thing.
  6. Robbe498 Win User

Xbox one x not turning on from Windows app

Hi Robbe,

Thanks for your response. If your Xbox One is connected to one of the wireless access points on the same router that your PC is connected, then they are both on the same network. Even though you see two different Wi-Fi networks (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz) and your
    devices are connected to either of them, they will be on the same network no matter what; these options are simply different ways to connect to the same network.

I hope this information helps.
    A lot of the newer routers offer guest wifi, so if for some reason the console is connected to those, it will
    NOT be on the same network.

The guest wifi is shut off all together and so that leaves no reason they shouldn't be on the same network. I never had any issues with my original 500gb Xbox just after I upgraded to the X. I did backup all of my settings to my external hard drive when I switched
    and juat imported them into the X off of that. Is there anything that might have gotten mixed between the two when I did that?
Thema:

1. : Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network - Similar Threads - Connection issues games

2. Game sync issue / unable to connect to multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game sync issue / unable to connect to multiplayer: Iv been trying to play online but when the game loads it then says cant load ur game save or the game loads fine but i go to play online an i get a message saying can not connect to live servers ?...
  3. Connection Issues Only When In Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection Issues Only When In Game: So, I’ve been having an issues with my connection for about 6 months now and it’s to the point where it’s driving me insane. I often get randomlly disconnected from Xbox Live while I play...
  4. Xbox One Overwatch game server connection issue error (LC-202)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Overwatch game server connection issue error (LC-202): For the past week I have been experiencing issues connecting to Overwatch's game servers. To combat this issue I have tried: - Reloading the game - Uninstalling and reinstalling the game -...
  5. Xbox 360 Issues with Connecting Monitor | Randomly monitor switch off and on while on-game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Issues with Connecting Monitor | Randomly monitor switch off and on while on-game: Xbox Fans Hi, I'm having an issue that thought to post a threat, maybe someone has same or can assist, would highly appreciate input. Issue : Console: Xbox 360 Elite Monitor: HP EliteDisplay...
  6. Connection and game play issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection and game play issues: Hey all, I am having a weird issue. I do not know how much of this info is relevant, but am including it all, just to be safe. So, yesterday, no issues at all. Last night, pretty nice...
  7. ​​Issues connecting to a specific friend on Peer to Peer games.​

in XBoX on Consoles
    ​​Issues connecting to a specific friend on Peer to Peer games.​: My friend and I are having issues connecting to each other over certain games. Example games are: Elite: Dangerous, Warframe, and Payday 2. All games that use Peer to Peer connections. We both...
  8. Party and Game connection issues.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party and Game connection issues.: I have been having issues for the past 40 minutes with my party on Xbox one (constantly keeps saying “connecting” for all of us) and also on Grand Theft Auto V, it’s affecting us being able to...
  9. ​Issues connecting to a specific friend on Peer to Peer games.​

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ​Issues connecting to a specific friend on Peer to Peer games.​: My friend and I are having issues connecting to each other over certain games. Example games are: Elite: Dangerous, Warframe, and Payday 2. All games that use Peer to Peer connections. We both...
  10. ​​Issues connecting to a specific friend on Peer to Peer games.​

in XBoX on Consoles
    ​​Issues connecting to a specific friend on Peer to Peer games.​: My friend and I are having issues connecting to each other over certain games. Example games are: Elite: Dangerous, Warframe, and Payday 2. All games that use Peer to Peer connections. We both...