Connection to host was lost (solo campaign)

Discus and support Connection to host was lost (solo campaign) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can someone please explain why I can't play solo campaign on my Xbox One S? Whenever I try to start a new game it says something like ERROR -... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by StormierIowa148, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Connection to host was lost (solo campaign)

Can someone please explain why I can't play solo campaign on my Xbox One S? Whenever I try to start a new game it says something like ERROR - Connection to host was lost. Why would I be connected to a host for a single player solo campaign mission? The
    Microsoft Ambassador told me to uninstall and reinstall.. I've already done that and that didn't work. I'm signed in with my Microsoft account. What requirements need to be met for this to work? It shouldn't be this hard. Thanks guys.

:)

StormierIowa148, Dec 28, 2016
  2. ZOE C74
    ZOE C74 Guest
    Can't play any of my gears of war game

Installed game. Launched game. I signed in. My boyfriend signed in as a guest. Picked campaign coop, new, save slot 1, then gets a message error lost connection with host please return to main menu. Tried again and again , even tried solo. Won't let me play
    anything. Gone all Christmas devastated. Just want to play the campaign with my fella. Please Help!!!

ZOE C74, Dec 28, 2016
  3. HUNTSMAN208
    HUNTSMAN208 Guest
    I'm trying to play solo campaign but it keeps saying I'm disconnected from the host. Why is that?

I'm trying to play solo campaign but it keeps saying that I'm disconnected from the host. How can I fix this?

HUNTSMAN208, Dec 28, 2016
  4. Paul Bab
    Paul Bab Guest

Hi,

We need to gather the following information to properly isolate your concern:

1. Is your Xbox One console connected to a wired or wireless network?

2. Do you own the physical copy or digital version of the game?

3. Is this issue happening to other games as well?

To help resolve your concern with playing Gears of War 4, refer to the following methods below:

Method 1: Clear Persistent Storage

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the Guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select All Settings.

4. Select Disc & Blu-Ray.

5. In the Blu-Ray section, select Persistent Storage.

6. Select Clear persistent storage.

7. Restart your Xbox One console. Access the game again and check if the same instance occurs.

Method 2: Clear MAC Address

2. Select Settings.

3. Select All Settings.

4. Select Network.

5. Select Network settings.

6. Select Advanced settings.

7. Select Alternate MAC address.

8. Select Clear.

9. Select Restart. Access the game again and check if the same instance occurs.

Method 3: Remove and re-add your Microsoft account on Xbox One

Refer to this
    link
    and perform the steps provided. Make sure to restart your Xbox One console before re-adding your Microsoft account on the Xbox One. Then, try to play the game again and check if the same instance occurs.

Make sure to check the
    status of Xbox Live
    for any service alerts. Feel free to check out this
    link
    for more information about the game.

Also, you may visit the Gears of War 4 Forums for further assistance.

Keep us posted.

Paul Bab, Dec 29, 2016
  5. Paul Bab Win User

Hi,

We need to gather the following information to properly isolate your concern:

1. Is your Xbox One console connected to a wired or wireless network?

2. Do you own the physical copy or digital version of the game?

3. Is this issue happening to other games as well?

To help resolve your concern with playing Gears of War 4, refer to the following methods below:

Method 1: Clear Persistent Storage

2. Select Settings.

3. Select All Settings.

4. Select Disc & Blu-Ray.

5. In the Blu-Ray section, select Persistent Storage.

6. Select Clear persistent storage.

7. Restart your Xbox One console. Access the game again and check if the same instance occurs.

Method 2: Clear MAC Address

2. Select Settings.

3. Select All Settings.

4. Select Network.

5. Select Network settings.

6. Select Advanced settings.

7. Select Alternate MAC address.

8. Select Clear.

9. Select Restart. Access the game again and check if the same instance occurs.

Method 3: Remove and re-add your Microsoft account on Xbox One

Refer to this
    link
    and perform the steps provided. Make sure to restart your Xbox One console before re-adding your Microsoft account on the Xbox One. Then, try to play the game again and check if the same instance occurs.

Make sure to check the
    status of Xbox Live
    for any service alerts. Feel free to check out this
    link
    for more information about the game.

Also, you may visit the Gears of War 4 Forums for further assistance.

Keep us posted.
  6. StormierIowa148 Win User

Just bought new One S bundle with GOW4 and can't play it

I get the same thing... Whenever I try to play a solo campaign it says ERROR connection lost and won't start the game... What a bunch of bull. They just say to uninstall and reinstall a 65 GB game. Not that convenient of a solution that does absolutely
    nothing Microsoft.
  7. DaMasta AUA Win User

Halo 4, Deletion of Campaign Progress

Well this just happened to me too. I lost my solo and coop campaign progression even though on waypoint it says I have done mission 1 to 5 solo and coop(taking my time for the challenges) on legendary. Reading what the previous guys wrote I think it's a
    lost cause.
  8. RuthlessKitty Win User

Let's Talk About Animals and Animal Companions In Xbox Games

Animal companions are a nice touch for solo campaigns or solo game modes. Like fallout, it adds to the story and allows you to feel mor connected to the game.
  9. The IronBiscuit Win User

Is Halo: The Master Chief Collection completely broken?

I have only been able to play in a few games and when me and a friend party up every single time it puts us on opposite teams, so nice. We even tried to play some campaign together and it wouldn't work. He was the leader/host and it kicked him out every
    time saying "lost connection to host". How do you loose connection to yourself : )
Thema:

1. Connection to host was lost (solo campaign) - Similar Threads - Connection host was

2. Apps on the Xbox one S host are not connected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Apps on the Xbox one S host are not connected: The application in the Xbox one S host can't be connected to the Internet. It always prompts to try again. How to solve it? e38c8d78-ffa9-479e-8522-cbe7bddb35af
  3. Can’t connect to Xbox hosted Minecraft realm but my friends can

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t connect to Xbox hosted Minecraft realm but my friends can: For the past month or so i have not been able to connect to my minecraft realm that i host and pay 8$ a month for. Ive tried to restart the game and resrart the xbox ive even uninstalled and...
  4. Minecraft Windows 10: Xbox players can't connect to my PC hosted world (But I can join them)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10: Xbox players can't connect to my PC hosted world (But I can join them): When hosting a Minecraft (Bedrock edition) world on my PC, people on Xbox can't seem to connect to my world - getting the message: "Unable to connect to world". However PC players can join me fine...
  5. xbox one s-Every game I play on multiplayer loses connection host/server. why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s-Every game I play on multiplayer loses connection host/server. why?: I have had my xbox one s since november 2017. Every game I play online loses connection to host/server after about 5 to 10 minutes of playing. I also have a xbox 360 that has no such problems when...
  6. State of decay 2 Connection to host lost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of decay 2 Connection to host lost: my friend and I keep getting error code 6 on state of decay 2. We tried everything that was listed like checking the firewall policies, reseting ip helper and other things and not one has worked....
  7. Unable to connect to host

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to connect to host: Anyone else having the issue with not being able to connect to certain friends and getting the message "unable to connect to host"? Anyone know a fix? c40f6e8b-8d63-4f6f-9282-6273e259b9a8
  8. Lost connection to host/server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost connection to host/server: so I can connect to Xbox LIVE and go into the game. When I go to play a multiplayer match, it not only takes a long time to load into the game, but it will only let me play about 1.5 mins of the...
  9. Host connecting into Minecraft Realms freezes or disconnects

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Host connecting into Minecraft Realms freezes or disconnects: Hi Guys, I run a Mine Craft Realm with my daughters and a few friends. Since Saturday when I go to join our Realm it goes to connect then either Freezes or boots me out. Every one else connects...
  10. "lost connection to host Gears of War 4"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "lost connection to host Gears of War 4": I purchased a copy of Gears of War 4 yesterday. It took nearly 12 hours to download the "update". Today, when I started to play the game, I chose "slot 1" for Save Slot. All 5 slots show "empty...