Connection to Teredo behind CGNAT not possible - Xbox-Network

Discus and support Connection to Teredo behind CGNAT not possible - Xbox-Network in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello together, I recently downloaded Forza Horizon 4 again and tried to play with a friend of mine. While I downloaded the Game from a different... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Vanory21, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Vanory21
    Vanory21 Guest

Hello together,

I recently downloaded Forza Horizon 4 again and tried to play with a friend of mine. While I downloaded the Game from a different location as my home and played from there, I was behind a public IP on my side.

However, my friends ISP is using CGNAT which is causing him to not have an own public IPv4 address which might be required for Teredo. As IPv4 is running out and CGNAT is more and more common, is there a solution on how to play online with friends behind CGNAT?

Can you for example use the Toredo Network with nativ IPv6 only?

I can't belive this is a thing that Microsoft didn't thought of and I am currently confused if I am just to "smart" to think of the solution. Can anyone help me on how to play online behind CGNAT?

Checking his Toredo state via CMD:

• Typ : natawareclient
    • Servername : win1910.ipv6.microsoft.com.
    • Clientaktual.-intervall : 20 Sekunden
    • Clientport : unspecified
    • Fehler : primäre Teredo-Server nicht über UDP erreichbar
    Code:
    (In case someone is asking for the Server-verification: I am using Toredo successfully on the same server)Thank you very much in advance for any help!Best regards,

:)

Vanory21, Apr 27, 2021
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Teredo is unable to qualify

If you can’t hear your friends online, or you can’t join or host an Xbox Live multiplayer game, go to
    Network > Settings in the Xbox app and check
    NAT type

If it says Teredo is unable to qualify, your PC is unable to obtain a Teredo IP address.

Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation
    (NAT).

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC
    that’s disabling Teredo functionality. Without a Teredo IP address, you’ll be unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live.

For a possible solution: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cannot Connect to Online Services while In-Game

If you can’t join or host an Xbox Live multiplayer game, or you can’t connect to a party chat session, press the
    Start button, select Settings > Gaming >
    Xbox Networking and check NAT type.

If it says Teredo is unable to qualify, your PC is unable to obtain a Teredo IP address.

Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation
    (NAT).

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC
    that’s disabling Teredo functionality. Without a Teredo IP address, you’ll be unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live.

For more info: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Teredo is unable to qualify

(NAT).

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol. Without a Teredo IP address, you’ll be
    unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live.

Check to see if Teredo connectivity is blocked when a VPN client is connected, or while a VPN network adapter is installed

Some VPN clients will disable Teredo connectivity while the VPN client is connected, and some VPN clients that install a network adapter that will disable Teredo until the VPN adapter is removed. If you’ve
    installed a VPN client and Teredo is still disabled even while the VPN client is disconnected, check to see if you have a network adapter named
    TAP-Windows Adapter V9 installed:

1. Right-click the Start icon, and then select Device Manager.
    2. Select View > Show Hidden Devices.
    3. Select Network Adapters.
    4. Identify any adapters that have a name like TAP-Windows Adapter V9. Right-click the adapter name, and then select
      Uninstall.
      Note While uninstalling the VPN network adapter should unblock Teredo connectivity, this will also likely cause issues with the VPN client software. If you still require VPN functionality along with Teredo support, refer to the support documentation
      for the VPN client.
  5. o0XRedDevilX0o Win User

Strict NAT. Will not open after trying all options. Losing my mind.

im getting this cannot get a teredo ip address and rang BT butthey

said its an xbox issue with the firewall.detailed nat information is saying your network is stuck behind a firewall or not connected tho im connected to the internet.really stuck here don't know what to do
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox One won't connect to multiplayer

Hello EPICONLP,

Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity
    between devices behind routers that use network address translation (NAT).

Sometimes, you just need to go into your router to activate teredo, or "Teredo tunneling". If it is already activated, turning that setting off and then back on can help.

Don't forget to try the troubleshooting in that support article given to you by Amber above. Click on that link, and select the teredo error to begin troubleshooting.

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Connection to Teredo behind CGNAT not possible - Xbox-Network - Similar Threads - Connection Teredo behind

2. teredo IP stops me from connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    teredo IP stops me from connecting: Since I purchased the Xbox series X I havent been able to get a wired connection citing a Teredo error code. how do I fix this? I have DMZ and set up a forward port for the xbox and no dice. doing...
  3. Xbox server connectivity blocked,possible due to teredo issues(windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox server connectivity blocked,possible due to teredo issues(windows 10): Hello everyone,i got windows 10 pro(fully updated)and i get the usual teredo issue while trying to play forza horizon 4(i can play sea of thieves normally).When i check it from xbox networking i...
  4. Forza Horizon 4: Unable to join game sessions. (Teredo can't connect)

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4: Unable to join game sessions. (Teredo can't connect): Hello, I've been having issues with connecting to multiplayer games such as Forza Horizon 4's Horizon Life, or Minecraft Dungeons' multiplayer. I've looked at the XBOX networking settings and it...
  5. Can't connect to online games like forza because of teredo is unable to qualify issue..

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't connect to online games like forza because of teredo is unable to qualify issue..: Hi, I've been trying to fix this issue for a few weeks now, with different guides online and it doesn't work. I've had this issue in the past and someone helped me, I tried to do what that person...
  6. I am trying to play forza and my teredo is unable to qualify and my server connectivity is...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to play forza and my teredo is unable to qualify and my server connectivity is...: I try to connect to online servers in forxa and i am unable to because my teredo is unable to qualify and my server connectivity is blocked. i tried looking up on youtube how to fix it and found...
  7. Teredo Connection Blocked because of Windows Firewall turned off on Work PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Teredo Connection Blocked because of Windows Firewall turned off on Work PC: Hello, I recently purchased XBOX Game Pass and downloaded some Games, but I found a Teredo issue which was that NAT type is Moderate and Server Connection is Blocked. After doing so much research...
  8. Teredo does not qualify and Server connectivity blocked.

in XBoX on Windows
    Teredo does not qualify and Server connectivity blocked.: I have done a lot of steps mentioned on the Xbox forums and many others. Like changing teredo server name, using group policy editor, etc. The step for reinstalling Teredo tunneling adapter was...
  9. Teredo is unable to qualify/Server connectivity is Blocked

in XBoX on Windows
    Teredo is unable to qualify/Server connectivity is Blocked: I'm having issues with Teredo and server connectivity, sometimes the NAT type would be Moderate, most of the time it's "Teredo is unable to qualify". [img] b9478d97-bb40-4b3a-bf9a-6f1865ced5bf
  10. Teredo not connecting

in XBoX on Windows
    Teredo not connecting: So i finally got forza horizon 4 to work on pc and i wanted to play with my friends online. When i kept getting errors i kinda gave up and started to look into it. I found out that the reason i...