Considering a Series 2 Elite Controller despite known issues. What happens if a warranty...

Discus and support Considering a Series 2 Elite Controller despite known issues. What happens if a warranty... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Title pretty much says it all. I’ve bought two of the Series 1 Elite Controllers over time, and both went on to develop stick drift issues. From... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by That’sLike-YourOpinionMan, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Considering a Series 2 Elite Controller despite known issues. What happens if a warranty...

Title pretty much says it all. I’ve bought two of the Series 1 Elite Controllers over time, and both went on to develop stick drift issues. From reading I’ve done, this issue was not fixed on the Series 2.

If I get one of the new ones, and I do end up needing to warranty the thing within the 12 month period, does the warranty replacement come with its own new 12 month warranty if I again land in the unfortunate situation of 2 failed controllers? Or is it 12
    months from the date of purchase of the original controller, regardless of warranty issues?

Saw some older posts from before the newer controller policy alluding to having already used up their warranty, making it sound like mechanical/design issues are still only covered once. Series 2 Elite seems like the best of the customizable controllers
    out there, but I don’t want to pay $180 to basically rent a controller for a year.

:)

That’sLike-YourOpinionMan, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Kirill Krasin Win User

Considering a Series 2 Elite Controller despite known issues. What happens if a warranty replacement also malfunctions?

It must count 12 month from date when you get new (replacement one) controller.

But to be sure, i'm think you need to check warranty card.
  3. KarimAndSonz Win User

Considering a Series 2 Elite Controller despite known issues. What happens if a warranty replacement also malfunctions?

I had the elite 1 was worth every penny and returning it on warranty was easy
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

There have definitely been some known issues posted in the forums about the Elite Series 2 controller. If you do get a replacement for any reason, there should be a limited warranty on this as well but definitely check the fine print when you purchase
    one to be sure and to check the time length of the warranties.
  5. Viper7Gamer Win User

Pretty sure the warranty would be 12 months from when you get the replacement one.
  6. Jibril69 Win User

Xbox elite series 1 controller keeps disconnecting

Thanks for reaching out!

there was a known issue with the console and the controller communication, which caused a lot of controllers to disconnect also affecting the Elite Controller series 1, i suffer with the same issues, all new controllers have been fixed including the series
    2 controller.

All the steps we will only be temporary.

if its a new controller swap it the series two.

its not the game thats the issue, its an Intermittent problem.

i hope this helps
    Thanks for the reply, just to clarify, theres no known “fix” other than replacing the controller with a new series 2? Typically my series 1 is just over 12 months old, so no chance of a replacement under warranty?
Thema:

Considering a Series 2 Elite Controller despite known issues. What happens if a warranty...

1. Considering a Series 2 Elite Controller despite known issues. What happens if a warranty... - Similar Threads - Considering Series Elite

2. My first name is considered a bad word on Xbox. What can I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My first name is considered a bad word on Xbox. What can I do?: Hello, My first name, 'Kian' is considered a bad word on xbox and I can't use it on my profile or gamertag. Is there somewhere I can contact within Microsoft to get this changed? UPDATE: Turns...
  3. Is it considered a OG gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it considered a OG gamertag?: I have the gamertags which means to put (fear, doubt, suspicion, anger, etc.) to rest; calm; quiet. But is it OG same with Spouters and Distancers? They in plural form but are they considered OG?...
  4. Bleszinski consider working with 343/TC on Solitary Warfare

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bleszinski consider working with 343/TC on Solitary Warfare: Last months since The Coalition studio head Rod Fergusson announced his departure from studio to join Blizzard to taking over Diablo Franchise. Original Gears of War trilogy designer Cliff...
  5. Xbox Phil Spencer doesn't consider Sony and Nintendo has his main rivals.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Phil Spencer doesn't consider Sony and Nintendo has his main rivals.: https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/games/69792/xbox-phil-spencer-talks-google-amazon-playstation-nintendo-rivals So what's everyone thoughts? He believes the streaming is the way forward and believes...
  6. Updates while in game, is a change being considered ???

in XboX Insiders
    Updates while in game, is a change being considered ???: I've had my ups and downs with the insider program, most have been great, small things here and there have been rough, but I stick through it knowing what I got myself into. What I'm really...
  7. Would like MS to consider updating OSU1 files to correspond with the current system update...

in XboX Insiders
    Would like MS to consider updating OSU1 files to correspond with the current system update...: I'm a regular Xbox One user (not insider). I hope that MS will continue to update their OSU1 files to correspond with the current system update release because some of us just can't update the OS...
  8. What is considered to be "offensive language"?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is considered to be "offensive language"?: So sorry for the grammar I don't really care about it but as the title says what is considered to be offensive i.e does that only include language? Also, does Microsoft look at your bio when...
  9. Do you consider xbox ecosystem safe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do you consider xbox ecosystem safe?: Please, let me hear your thoughts, problems, suggestions. We try to make it safe as possible. Whish you all good second day in the week. Hoping is going to be gamming day among other things you...
  10. Is gaming now considered mainstream.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is gaming now considered mainstream.: I remember reading a while back that Gaming was overtaking Hollywood in terms of revenue so I would assume that by now it's larger making it more mainstream than TV and movies....