Console Booting to 640x480 - LG C2 (Solved with recent VRR update)

Discus and support Console Booting to 640x480 - LG C2 (Solved with recent VRR update) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For anyone who was having similar issues, the new option in the recent Alpha Skip Ahead build which allows you to set VRR to only enable when a game is... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Damn_Synth, Sep 23, 2022 at 2:42 PM.

1. Console Booting to 640x480 - LG C2 (Solved with recent VRR update)

For anyone who was having similar issues, the new option in the recent Alpha Skip Ahead build which allows you to set VRR to only enable when a game is started seems to have resolved the issue of the console booting to 640x480 on my LG C2.

submitted by /u/Damn_Synth
    [link] [comments]

/u/Damn_Synth, Sep 23, 2022 at 2:42 PM
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series S stuck at 1080p 60hz for LG 27gl83a-b

@ngocphi. Running any game without VRR can cause screen tearing, it's not limited to 1440P and you don't need to have VRR enabled at 1440P, it's still optional.

As per the review of this monitor over on the Rtings website, the LG 27GL83A-B's maximum refresh with VRR in the form of AMD's FreeSync technology is unfortunately limited to 100Hz. This is a similar limitation to the LG 27GL850-B which I used to own before I purchased my M32U from Gigabyte. Now I use my new LG C2 OLED.

If it's anything like the LG 27GL850-B though, then it should be possible to run it at 1080P with 120Hz and VRR enabled at the same time.

Most Xbox Series X|S games are 60fps, so you won't be majorly loosing out just because you can't hit the full features of your console. And games that actually run at 120fps actually only render at around 1080P anyway.

[​IMG]
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Allow variable refresh rate greyed out

4. teo17460 Win User

Xbox Series X with LG C1 --> Screen goes black for a about a second (audio still there) every 5-20 minutes

Hi. I have a Series X and bought 4 days ago a LC C1 55"

Yesterday while playing Warzone and Halo Infinite w/ 4k@120 fps // HDR // Freesync Premium & VRR GSync activated on the TV // HGIG // Using the series X HDMI 2.1 cable --> every (5-20 minutes) i get a black screen for about a second before the image goes up again (audio still there) ive tried to:

• Turn off Freesync Premium keeping VRR GSync activated but that didnt solved the issue
    • Go from PC mode on the LG to Game mode but that didnt solved the issue
    • Turn off completely the Xbox series X and unplug the LG C1 but that didnt solved the issue
    Has anyone experienced this? is there a workaround? this didnt happened with my X900H 55" Sony (granted i didnt activated VRR in that TV)

I dont even know if the issue is VRR or if its another config of either the TV or the Xbox
    Same issue!! is almoust a year i'm talking with xbox customer care or LG customer care. many clients has the same issue. then i bought also a samsung, problem solved! it is LG working with xbox the problem.
  5. laz91 Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

Enabling pass-through on my new LG C2 doesn’t work for me…
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Allow variable refresh rate greyed out

my bad, 65NANO95UNA
    Well, the LG page of that particular model makes no mention of VRR which would usually indicate it is not a feature:

https://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-65nano95una

Edit: I have been looking around and none of the other NANO95 models have VRR either...the have ALLM (Auto low Latency Mode), not VRR
Thema:

Console Booting to 640x480 - LG C2 (Solved with recent VRR update)

1. Console Booting to 640x480 - LG C2 (Solved with recent VRR update) - Similar Threads - Console Booting 640x480

2. Am I the only one that dislikes the sped up the boot animation on Xbox Series X/S consoles...

in XboX Insiders
    Am I the only one that dislikes the sped up the boot animation on Xbox Series X/S consoles...: I get that it loads to the dashboard faster but I prefer the longer boot up sound rather than just a small cut of it. Am I the only that thinks this way? submitted by /u/GibusHeavy [link]...
  3. Console unresponsive after every boot, games don't start, downloads don't install, apps...

in XboX Insiders
    Console unresponsive after every boot, games don't start, downloads don't install, apps...: Alpha SA, Series X. Full power cycle sometimes fixed it. OK, so I've been experiencing this issue for many weeks now but usually a restart fixes it. This time though, it won't start working at...
  4. Xbox Series X stuck on boot animation, and I can also not reset the console.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X stuck on boot animation, and I can also not reset the console.: I was trying to turn off my Series X, but the dang thing wouldn't turn off properly and just kept blinking. Now, I had to see if the console would properly shut off after I power cycled it,...
  5. [Xbox Series S All Digital] Console Boots, Black Screen, Troubleshooter Won't Open

in XboX Insiders
    [Xbox Series S All Digital] Console Boots, Black Screen, Troubleshooter Won't Open: Sorry if this post is informal or has been made before. I've never used Reddit before, and joined just to ask this, because I'm completely stumped. I joined the Insider Program a few months ago on...
  6. XSX: every time I boot the console up it says: connect to Xbox live

in XboX Insiders
    XSX: every time I boot the console up it says: connect to Xbox live: For the past day I started getting this issue where every time my boot up the Xbox, it says “connect to Xbox live” on the dashboard home. The message stays on screen for like 30 seconds then...
  7. Disc drive running longer than normal on booting console up

in XboX Insiders
    Disc drive running longer than normal on booting console up: I’ve noticed in delta that the disc drive seems to run longer when first turning console on and sometimes it will randomly activate when quitting back to dashboard after closing app or game....
  8. Console freezes after boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console freezes after boot: Xbox One S. This problem first occurred on December 3rd. After the reboot, the interface was loading for a very long time, it hung all the time, not an any application was launched. I was only...
  9. Xbox one consoles (or maybe just Xbox One X) boot times seriously decreased lately?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one consoles (or maybe just Xbox One X) boot times seriously decreased lately?: In the past few weeks, my Xbox (1X) has started to cold boot in around 10-11 seconds from unplugged to dash screen loaded. Anyone else notice this? I know the upcoming Series X has been praised...
  10. Console suddenly powers off when i boot into any game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Console suddenly powers off when i boot into any game.: Console suddenly powers off when i boot into any game: I have had the original Xbox One for a while now (4 years) and i have never had an issue where the console would suddenly power off once a...