Console Companion Remote to Xbox at Home from Work

Discus and support Console Companion Remote to Xbox at Home from Work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I used to be able to connect to my home xbox at work. Now I cannot with the new app coming out. Anyone else having this problem? The app connects to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chucktowndcroz7504, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Console Companion Remote to Xbox at Home from Work

I used to be able to connect to my home xbox at work. Now I cannot with the new app coming out. Anyone else having this problem? The app connects to my xbox fine at home but not from work. Microsoft
    has been completely useless on customer service with them.

https://imgur.com/a/EH1xBTv

I even enabled UPNP and disabled the firewall all together on my router. Even did a DMZ. I don't think that's the problem. I think its the companion app itself?

:)

Chucktowndcroz7504, Jun 20, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Chuck,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I recommend to take a look at the following article: How
    to use game streaming in the Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10

• Game streaming is the ability to play Xbox One games remotely from your Xbox One console on any Windows 10 PC on your
      home network.

In reference to your concern, the streaming feature is only available through the home network. The feature will be coming soon,
    Project xCloud: Choice for How and When You Play.
    Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Do not think it was ever meant to be used this way.

To my knowledge you have always had to be on the same network in order to connect the two together.
  4. SacTownRadio Win User

I am not not able to see my XBO-X since this app was updated. I renamed my xbox and still not showing. So I removed it and tried to enter the IP address and still not able to connect to it. I am wired in my wireless router on my Win 10 PC, while my
    XBO-X is connected wireless to the router. They are both on the same network, and connected to the same gateway.
  5. Chucktowndcroz7504 Win User

Microsoft's answer

"Look over there! Something shiny! CLICK"
  6. Chucktowndcroz7504 Win User

Do not think it was ever meant to be used this way.

To my knowledge you have always had to be on the same network in order to connect the two together.
    Weather is was meant to be or not to be the fact is that it used to work and now it doesn't. I just simply want an answer not them calling me a liar. If it used to work why can't it work again. Also, what's the point in doing this in one's home? Couldn't
    you just simply play the xbox if you were home?
Thema:

1. Console Companion Remote to Xbox at Home from Work - Similar Threads - Console Companion Remote

2. streaming in xbox console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    streaming in xbox console companion: when I press streaming the xbox console companion automatically closes 01c419ef-d656-454c-ab5d-d2cc00b47315
  3. Xbox console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox console companion: Olá boa tarde , gostaria de ajuda com um problema que estou tendo a alguns dias com o app Xbox Console Companion no Pc , uso ele para streaming e ele não carrega ,fica com aquela bolina de...
  4. Xbox (Beta) app and console companion party problems

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) app and console companion party problems: Ok so on the console companion I can connect to a party and make a party and everything is fine but about 5 seconds in I cant hear or talk to my friends. On the Xbox (Beta) app I can make a party...
  5. Xbox console companion crashes when i try and upload my captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox console companion crashes when i try and upload my captures: I've been trying to upload some clips i took with the Xbox game bar of Forza Horizion 4 with my friends, however while uploading the clips the Xbox console companion app crashes at 98%. Is there a...
  6. Game bar/Console Companion Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar/Console Companion Issues: I have 2 issues, I am going to split this question in half to address each one separately and then go through what I have done to try to fix: 1. Both the gamebar and console companion will...
  7. Game bar/console companion issues on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar/console companion issues on PC: I am willing to paypal $10 each for my 2 problems. I have spent FOREVER trying to get xbox parties to work on PC and the connection and sound issues are driving me mad. I have 2 issues, I am...
  8. Game Bar and Console Companion will not pickup my microphone

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar and Console Companion will not pickup my microphone: I am slowly losing my mind trying to resolve this issue. I am on a PC, trying to use xbox game bar to chat in a party with my friends. Heck, I would use console companion if it was behaving any...
  9. Invites don't work on Xbox console companion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Invites don't work on Xbox console companion: My friend say that she can't see my invite to play with me and I'm not sure if it something that went wrong or I'm doing something wrong. f27d78cb-e1be-4012-a0ec-7708fc9a2e86
  10. Xbox console companion wont work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox console companion wont work: When ever I join a party I cant hear anyone and they cant hear me. I dont even see their icon moving to say that their talking. 230ea566-0f28-4038-a5b2-8747397bb84e