Console Companion Remote to Xbox at Home from Work

Discus and support Console Companion Remote to Xbox at Home from Work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I used to be able to connect to my home xbox at work. Now I cannot with the new app coming out. Anyone else having this problem? The app connects to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chucktowndcroz7504, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Console Companion Remote to Xbox at Home from Work

I used to be able to connect to my home xbox at work. Now I cannot with the new app coming out. Anyone else having this problem? The app connects to my xbox fine at home but not from work. Microsoft
    has been completely useless on customer service with them.

https://imgur.com/a/EH1xBTv

I even enabled UPNP and disabled the firewall all together on my router. Even did a DMZ. I don't think that's the problem. I think its the companion app itself?

:)

Chucktowndcroz7504, Jun 20, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Chuck,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I recommend to take a look at the following article: How
    to use game streaming in the Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10

• Game streaming is the ability to play Xbox One games remotely from your Xbox One console on any Windows 10 PC on your
      home network.

In reference to your concern, the streaming feature is only available through the home network. The feature will be coming soon,
    Project xCloud: Choice for How and When You Play.
    Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Do not think it was ever meant to be used this way.

To my knowledge you have always had to be on the same network in order to connect the two together.
  4. SacTownRadio Win User

I am not not able to see my XBO-X since this app was updated. I renamed my xbox and still not showing. So I removed it and tried to enter the IP address and still not able to connect to it. I am wired in my wireless router on my Win 10 PC, while my
    XBO-X is connected wireless to the router. They are both on the same network, and connected to the same gateway.
  5. Chucktowndcroz7504 Win User

Microsoft's answer

"Look over there! Something shiny! CLICK"
  6. Chucktowndcroz7504 Win User

Do not think it was ever meant to be used this way.

To my knowledge you have always had to be on the same network in order to connect the two together.
    Weather is was meant to be or not to be the fact is that it used to work and now it doesn't. I just simply want an answer not them calling me a liar. If it used to work why can't it work again. Also, what's the point in doing this in one's home? Couldn't
    you just simply play the xbox if you were home?
Thema:

1. Console Companion Remote to Xbox at Home from Work - Similar Threads - Console Companion Remote

2. Xbox Console Companion App not downloading on laptop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion App not downloading on laptop.: Hi! I'm having trouble downloading the xbox console companion app onto my chromebook laptop. When I click install it says that I need to be logged into my microsoft account on my device, which I...
  3. Console Companion can't find Console after update bug.

in XBoX on Windows
    Console Companion can't find Console after update bug.: I'm currently traveling and have been using the console companion app to show games on my laptop screen as the place I'm staying at doesn't have a TV. Everything was going fine until the update...
  4. Xbox Console Companion Not Allowing Me to Upload Game Clips

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion Not Allowing Me to Upload Game Clips: I am not able to upload game clips onto Xbox Live from the console companion app as it says "You can't share game clips" Then it says either the service isn't working, there may be something wrong...
  5. Xbox Console Companion party settings (MIc Problems)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion party settings (MIc Problems): The problem I found is there is no setting for mic volume in the settings. Because of this I cant be in a party because my mic is to sensitive and loud. I tried changing the setting on my PC but...
  6. I can't recieve or send game invites on xbox console companion.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't recieve or send game invites on xbox console companion.: i have tried all that i know. i have used beta. i have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app. i have turned off and on notifications more times than i can remember. and i have restarted my...
  7. Xbox Console companion Error (0x409) 0x80073DB8 "we are unable to sign you in at the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Console companion Error (0x409) 0x80073DB8 "we are unable to sign you in at the...: Hello, I have tried all the fixes that I found online that is similar to my issue. I've restarted all the required Xbox services through services, local group editor etc.. I've reinstalled all...
  8. Signing in to the Xbox console companion app on my computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Signing in to the Xbox console companion app on my computer.: My computer is windows 10 and is connected to the same network as my console. I do have a main computer that my xbox/Microsoft account is logged into but my laptop (the one I need help with) is...
  9. mouse and keyboard Xbox streaming to windows 10 console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    mouse and keyboard Xbox streaming to windows 10 console companion: Hello, I was wondering if there was any possible way to use a mouse and keyboard while streaming the xbox one to my pc through console companion? ec73fcbb-6d84-4ee0-84eb-b9801f55fc4b
  10. Xbox Console Companion Quality Settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion Quality Settings: Hello all, I was just wondering if the "Very High" stream quality setting within the Xbox Console Companion app for Windows 10 has been removed? Prior to the summer when the kids were still in...