Console froze during game, upon reboot, no sound!!! Please help. :(

Discus and support Console froze during game, upon reboot, no sound!!! Please help. :( in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay, so this is similar to a post by someone else just a couple months ago. I was playing Skyrim ( la di da, prancing around with a following of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BlaiddGwyn xx, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Console froze during game, upon reboot, no sound!!! Please help. :(

Okay, so this is similar to a post by someone else just a couple months ago. I was playing Skyrim ( la di da, prancing around with a following of undead past the Ritual Stone... ) When my 360 completely froze up. No warning. I had to force shut down by holding
    the power button until it turned off. I waited a few seconds before rebooting, and I have no sound at all. I checked my headset and all my wires and connections, even unplugged my headset and no sound comes through my tv either! ( cable works fine, though.
    ) So I know it's not my tv or my headset... Anyone have any ideas? Console froze during game, upon reboot, no sound!!! Please help. :( :(

:)

BlaiddGwyn xx, Nov 1, 2014
  2. Game froze during Skyrim, and upon reboot, NO SOUND! HELP!!!!

Playing Skyrim on my 360 4s, and as I set someone on fire, game froze. Had to force console to restart, and upon doing so, I had no sound, and picture quality was lowered. Fixed picture, but can't figure out sound issue!

Any Ideas?

Scotchifer777, Nov 1, 2014
  3. Game froze during Skyrim, and upon reboot, NO SOUND! HELP!!!!

I have had similar problems playing Oblivion. I turn off my console and restart it. Load the game then use an earlier save and no problems and delete the save with the problem. I maintain a minimum of four saves, in case I have a problem. You can never
    have too many saves playing an RPG. I still have a problem when exiting the game. Make my saves, go to Main Menu and my console freezes every time. (I do have Skyrim but won't start till I'm done with Oblivion, one RPG at a time is enough for me) It's not
    a connection problem, it's within the game itself. There is one area I have been to in Oblivion where I have had multiple console freezes. Now, I avoid the area and I can't figure out what is causing it. It's the Dock area in Anvil.

z Suomi Soturi, Nov 1, 2014
  4. Console froze during game, upon reboot, no sound!!! Please help. :(

Omg. Never mind. I did some hunting and found this in another thread. I had a major face palm moment when my Xbox reloaded WITH SOUND!!! Console froze during game, upon reboot, no sound!!! Please help. :( :D Huge life saver.

"I continued searching further and found an answer in another thread somewhere and they suggested changing a setting in the console Video settings to Disable Discovery mode. Previously when this was enabled it would show DVI and not HDMI. They said that
    DVi does not carry sound - which made sense with the issue I had. So I have Disabled Discovery mode and set to 1080i resolution and set the Audio to digital stereo and so far all is working but will wait and see if it continues."

Of course, after the console reboots, you will need to reformat your screen and audio settings, but yay!!! Back to Skyrim!! xD

BlaiddGwyn xx, Nov 1, 2014
  5. BlaiddGwyn xx Win User

Omg. Never mind. I did some hunting and found this in another thread. I had a major face palm moment when my Xbox reloaded WITH SOUND!!! :D Huge life saver.

"I continued searching further and found an answer in another thread somewhere and they suggested changing a setting in the console Video settings to Disable Discovery mode. Previously when this was enabled it would show DVI and not HDMI. They said that
    DVi does not carry sound - which made sense with the issue I had. So I have Disabled Discovery mode and set to 1080i resolution and set the Audio to digital stereo and so far all is working but will wait and see if it continues."

Of course, after the console reboots, you will need to reformat your screen and audio settings, but yay!!! Back to Skyrim!! xD
  6. z Suomi Soturi Win User

Game froze during Skyrim, and upon reboot, NO SOUND! HELP!!!!

I have had similar problems playing Oblivion. I turn off my console and restart it. Load the game then use an earlier save and no problems and delete the save with the problem. I maintain a minimum of four saves, in case I have a problem. You can never
    have too many saves playing an RPG. I still have a problem when exiting the game. Make my saves, go to Main Menu and my console freezes every time. (I do have Skyrim but won't start till I'm done with Oblivion, one RPG at a time is enough for me) It's not
    a connection problem, it's within the game itself. There is one area I have been to in Oblivion where I have had multiple console freezes. Now, I avoid the area and I can't figure out what is causing it. It's the Dock area in Anvil.
  7. WearableMango3 Win User

Game froze during Skyrim, and upon reboot, NO SOUND! HELP!!!!

Hello.

Firstly, lets go into basic troubleshooting.

Check if any hardware like cables are connected properly.

If this doesn't work, we understand its not a software issue, because the picture is fixed as you said.

I recommend you to try playing other games to discard the Skyrim game issue.

If this persists, call support to get your console repaired.
  8. Joachim B Win User

Forza horizon 2 crashing on game restart

The exact same thing happened to me a few moments ago. Came second (I drive simulation mode) on the cliffside sprint and chose to restart the race. The game froze during loading and when pressing the XBOX-button on the controller the console froze with at
    stuttering sound. had to pull the power cord.
  9. USMC 90 95 Win User

Can anyone clairfy?

All I know is not long ago I got a gold star on the weapon I was using during the game and my xbox froze and when I rebooted I still had the gold star on the weapon. As long as it saves during the game it saves your overall stats.
Thema:

1. Console froze during game, upon reboot, no sound!!! Please help. :( - Similar Threads - Console froze during

2. How do I set up the console streaming? I've looked at lots of videos but they haven't shown...

in XboX Insiders
    How do I set up the console streaming? I've looked at lots of videos but they haven't shown...: [IMG] submitted by /u/CALL_ME_JIG [link] [comments]
  3. Enrolling preview program, factory resets whole console

in XboX Insiders
    Enrolling preview program, factory resets whole console: When enrolling from the preview program, the whole xbox needs a 3 GB update, and then factory resets the whole console. This is pretty much annoying because then multiple crash issues will appear...
  4. Console Streaming: Can we get an option to pair the controller with the system instead of...

in XboX Insiders
    Console Streaming: Can we get an option to pair the controller with the system instead of...: I only ever planned to use Console Streaming while in the same room as my Xbox, so I assumed I’d be good to go. I own 5 Xbox One controllers (including the ~$150 Elite Series 1), but none of them...
  5. XBOX ONE S 1TB all-digital Edition console

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S 1TB all-digital Edition console: I wonder XBOX ONE S all-digital edition console can connect my laptop with 2007 windows or not? If yes, besides laptop, any other auxiliary data lines? Another question is why XBOX ONE S 1TB...
  6. Console froze or controller froze

in XboX Insiders
    Console froze or controller froze: My console is kept freezing up or my controller is not responsive when playing on Xbox one x. Does any have this problem? Please help me to fix the problem. This makes the Fourth time that it...
  7. Unable to join Minecraft realm after console froze

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to join Minecraft realm after console froze: Hi, Was playing the bedrock version of Minecraft (ver 1.5) when the game and the console froze. After restarting my Xbox One I can't join the realm I was on.... the game says I am already playing...
  8. Console froze and I got roll backed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Console froze and I got roll backed: So I was playing Today, finished main storyline (Act V), got all the achievements and started playing Adventure mode. After some time game froze and console restarted, after it powered up again...
  9. Xbox one console froze now black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one console froze now black screen: My Xbox one has been played only a handful of times. It’s a replaced one from Microsoft and thats now run out of warranty. One day it froze my game I was playing so I turned it off. When I turned...
  10. Lost save game after console froze?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost save game after console froze?: Hi I was playing a game I downloaded from the Xbox Live store when the console froze at the point where the save icon was on the screen. It didn't come back to life (even when pressing the guide...