Console Powered off during update - won't turn back on

Discus and support Console Powered off during update - won't turn back on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have been on the preview program since I got my console day one and I haven't had any big issues (besides my disk tray not reading some disks)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xXNc REVENGERXx, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Console Powered off during update - won't turn back on

Hi,

I have been on the preview program since I got my console day one and I haven't had any big issues (besides my disk tray not reading some disks) but about a week ago my console shut off during an update. It hasn't turned on since. I am pretty tech savvy
    and there read all the articles regarding resetting the power unit and not connecting it to a surge protector butt I can't seem to fix it. I am wondering what I should do next and if my console is under warranty through the limited warranty extended to preview
    members. I was directed here through the support line.

:)

xXNc REVENGERXx, Jul 25, 2017
  2. Update Problems

My xbox shuts off during an update, but doesn't turn back on. When I turn it back on, it makes me restart the update.

A GK Production, Jul 25, 2017
  3. System Update

Hello!

Set your console to instant-on. (Settings > Power & Startup > Power Options > Instant-On)

During non-peak times, turn OFF your console (making sure instant-on is selected). The console should update... when the light on the power brick turns ORANGE, you can turn it back on and the update will finish off the last bit.

Easy!

Mise-3B495DBA-E6A6-4864-8E2E-7781690EB0AD, Jul 25, 2017
  4. Mise-3B495DBA-E6A6-4 Win User

System Update

Hello!

Set your console to instant-on. (Settings > Power & Startup > Power Options > Instant-On)

During non-peak times, turn OFF your console (making sure instant-on is selected). The console should update... when the light on the power brick turns ORANGE, you can turn it back on and the update will finish off the last bit.

Easy!
  5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Xbox One NOT Downloading the Update Automatically

When you turned it off (not full power cycle off) how long did you leave it off? About 2 hours ago, I turned mine off and left it off for an hour. When I came back the Xbox had already powered down and when I manually turned it back on the update was installing.
    The update only downloads when it is in stand-by mode. Additionally, if you turn on your Xbox before the update is completed it won't install. So the only recommendation I can make is turn it off via a quick press of the console touch button (or controller
    turn off) and leave it off for a short period of time until you notice it goes off of standby mode into a full power down.
  6. CAMARO Xlll Win User

Power brick light turned orange?

You will notice this during all updates (even with Instant On). It downloads the update when you turn it off. Then its all the way off. You have to manually power it on for it to update, then it goes back to normal. I would only worry if it doesn't go back
    to normal after that.
  7. GaryWinteringham Win User

New March update?

Seriously, just turned my console off to notice the light start blinking then turn off. Looked at the power brick and it was orange, turned my console back on to be greeted with a green update bar :)
  8. BiONikOHeRTz Win User

xbox one s not working

Hi! Was the console turned off during the update? This could cause problems with booting.

Also check if hdmi cable is connected correctly.
    If necessary, try turning off the console by holding the power button for 10 seconds, unplug the power cord and then plug it again after 30 seconds.
    I hope you can solve it easily!
Thema:

Console Powered off during update - won't turn back on

1. Console Powered off during update - won't turn back on - Similar Threads - Console Powered off

2. Xbox power cord turning off when plugged into console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power cord turning off when plugged into console: Xbox one first generation console is turning off when plugged into the power supply. When the power supply unit is plugged into the wall independently it is getting power- based on the orange...
  3. Xbox Power button on console flashing off and on after power off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Power button on console flashing off and on after power off: Hi every once in a while my console when i press the power button to turn it off the console power button flashes on and off this is on a xbox one x the only fix is two hard power off but is their...
  4. Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console

in XboX Insiders
    Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console: I have young siblings who like to turn off the console while I am playing, and I never use the console button, opting to turn it on via the controller. It would be helpful to disable the button...
  5. The power supply turns off immediately after connected to the console (XBOX ONE 1540)

in XBoX on Consoles
    The power supply turns off immediately after connected to the console (XBOX ONE 1540): Hi to all, i have an XBOX ONE model 1540. When i connect the power supply to the console, the power supply turns off immediately. I tried the same power supply to other XBOX ONE 1540 and it works....
  6. Xbox one s console powers off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s console powers off: Unit froze during fallout, will not restart. When restatring or reloading any disc unit powers off after attempting to read the disc. All other functions, operate fine....
  7. Original Xbox One Power Brick Light Turns Off When Plugged Into Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One Power Brick Light Turns Off When Plugged Into Console: Was playing and then my xbox just turned off without me touching the console or power supply. The power supply light is orange when plugged into the wall, but when I plug it into the console it...
  8. my original xbox one gets warm over fan and both console and power brick turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my original xbox one gets warm over fan and both console and power brick turns off.: after playing disc game for a few minutes, my original xbox one gets warm over fan and both console and power brick turns off. I have to unplug it, and wait a few minutes and it works fine...
  9. External HDD not powering off with the console. Even in power save mode.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD not powering off with the console. Even in power save mode.: Just piggybacking on a question posted by someone else: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/external-hard-drive-not-turning-off-when-i-turn/2b16dc4a-45ad-4b78-bab9-eb2e59d614fe I...
  10. Console Powers off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Powers off: so ive seen posts that are somewhat like this, but not specificaly the same: when ever i navigate away from a game and go to a different app or game, WITHOUT COMPLETELY QUITTING THE INITIAL GAME,...