Console powers, attempts to cycle, shuts down

Discus and support Console powers, attempts to cycle, shuts down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On Wednesday I got error msgs when attempting to open several games. I retried & they played okay. On Thursday my console began refusing to boot. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by miracle641, Oct 21, 2019.

1. miracle641
    miracle641 Guest

On Wednesday I got error msgs when attempting to open several games. I retried & they played okay. On Thursday my console began refusing to boot. The power button lights, the console powers, Hard drive spins (clicks 4 times over a 40-45 second period),
    then console shuts off. Same routine every time. Anyone got this?

:)

miracle641, Oct 21, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

One other thing to consider is shutting down (quitting) previous opened (started) games before starting another.

You can quit a game, and go back to the guide, but until you press, the three line right side small button on the controller, to quit a game or app, it is still ready to resume where it left off.

Quitting a game or app releases the memory resources reserved, allowing those resources for the next application for trouble free use.

Other than that, a restart of the console, from a Full Shutdown, should achieve clearing the virtual memory cache used by the console.
  3. Thegrinch322 Win User

Hello,

I've had this issue numerous times for whatever reason. I simply just hard reset the Xbox. Unplug the power cable from the console for 45 seconds and the system will boot up from the original screen. It's not a factory reset and will not remove any of your
    info. GL
  4. FabryZio3 Win User

Hey there :)

There was also an error code??
  5. miracle641 Win User

yes. but my son said when he retried each game they played okay. He doesn't remember thre codes.
  6. miracle641 Win User

We tried that. Same results. We're thinking the HDD too. I appreciate the response.
Thema:

1. Console powers, attempts to cycle, shuts down - Similar Threads - Console powers attempts

2. Need an option to put console into controller sync mode from guide/power menu

in XboX Insiders
    Need an option to put console into controller sync mode from guide/power menu: With the future of console streaming we'll be syncing our bluetooth controllers to our phones but then to use it on the console itself again we have to hit the sync button on the console and it...
  3. Power Supply Cord for Xbox 360 S Console - Model 1439

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Cord for Xbox 360 S Console - Model 1439: All, I need help in getting replacement power supply for my Xbox 360 S Console Model 1439. The power cord which came along with the original box is gone due to voltage difference. My original...
  4. Xbox 360 : red light on power bank when console is turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 : red light on power bank when console is turned on: The light on my power bank goes red (from orange) when I turn on my xbox 360 console. Any idea what the cause is and how I fix it? The console button goes green for half a second then turns off....
  5. Console unit or power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console unit or power supply?: Hello fellow Ambassadors, So yesterday, my xbox would not turn on. I looked at the power supply and the light wasn't on. I plugged it into another wall outlet and the light would come one but...
  6. The power supply turns off immediately after connected to the console (XBOX ONE 1540)

in XBoX on Consoles
    The power supply turns off immediately after connected to the console (XBOX ONE 1540): Hi to all, i have an XBOX ONE model 1540. When i connect the power supply to the console, the power supply turns off immediately. I tried the same power supply to other XBOX ONE 1540 and it works....
  7. Xbox one s console powers off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s console powers off: Unit froze during fallout, will not restart. When restatring or reloading any disc unit powers off after attempting to read the disc. All other functions, operate fine....
  8. xbox one controller only connecting thru usb and if it's right next to the console power...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller only connecting thru usb and if it's right next to the console power...: Basically what the title says. I've tried new batteries rebooting the console (every way possible) updating everything (controller and xbox) plugging it directly into the wall turning off...
  9. Is my x box trash if a/c power was connected directly to console by

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is my x box trash if a/c power was connected directly to console by: Is my x box trash if a/c power was connected directly to console. There was a loud pop 8edf6111-c2f4-48a7-8728-f9ec50ae3bdd
  10. (X360) Power supply burned, risk of console getting damaged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (X360) Power supply burned, risk of console getting damaged?: It happened to a friend, the console didn't turned on until then, tested the PSU in other console and the same, he hopes that anything bad didn't happened to console....