Console powers, attempts to cycle, shuts down

Discus and support Console powers, attempts to cycle, shuts down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On Wednesday I got error msgs when attempting to open several games. I retried & they played okay. On Thursday my console began refusing to boot. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by miracle641, Oct 21, 2019.

1. miracle641
    miracle641 Guest

On Wednesday I got error msgs when attempting to open several games. I retried & they played okay. On Thursday my console began refusing to boot. The power button lights, the console powers, Hard drive spins (clicks 4 times over a 40-45 second period),
    then console shuts off. Same routine every time. Anyone got this?

:)

miracle641, Oct 21, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

One other thing to consider is shutting down (quitting) previous opened (started) games before starting another.

You can quit a game, and go back to the guide, but until you press, the three line right side small button on the controller, to quit a game or app, it is still ready to resume where it left off.

Quitting a game or app releases the memory resources reserved, allowing those resources for the next application for trouble free use.

Other than that, a restart of the console, from a Full Shutdown, should achieve clearing the virtual memory cache used by the console.
  3. Thegrinch322 Win User

Hello,

I've had this issue numerous times for whatever reason. I simply just hard reset the Xbox. Unplug the power cable from the console for 45 seconds and the system will boot up from the original screen. It's not a factory reset and will not remove any of your
    info. GL
  4. FabryZio3 Win User

Hey there :)

There was also an error code??
  5. miracle641 Win User

yes. but my son said when he retried each game they played okay. He doesn't remember thre codes.
  6. miracle641 Win User

We tried that. Same results. We're thinking the HDD too. I appreciate the response.
Thema:

1. Console powers, attempts to cycle, shuts down - Similar Threads - Console powers attempts

2. uk power cord and console

in XBoX on Consoles
    uk power cord and console: I bought X box one x on the UK amazon site. it came with a UK power plug. Do I need to buy a power converter or could I just buy the US power cord? the console is for UK market. thanks...
  3. Which power supply do I need for my Xbox 360 console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which power supply do I need for my Xbox 360 console?: I don’t know how to find out which power cable i need for my secondhand Xbox 360 console. I have the serial number for the console. Can anyone help? Thanks 101dc3f2-d97e-4513-960c-0090180536e6
  4. I still have not yet received my Xbox One X power cable 15 days after my console delivered

in XBoX on Consoles
    I still have not yet received my Xbox One X power cable 15 days after my console delivered: Hello, I sent out my Xbox One X console for repair due to "Not turn on" problem on 4/30/2020. I thought the power cable may be related to the problem so I packed the power cable with the console...
  5. Xbox One S - X Button Light turns on pressing the power button and console appears on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - X Button Light turns on pressing the power button and console appears on but...: Hi Guys, Need urgent help. My Xbox One S - X Button Light turns on pressing the power button and console appears on but nothing is visible on TV and turns of after 40 - 50 Sec. This happened...
  6. Xbox power cord turning off when plugged into console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power cord turning off when plugged into console: Xbox one first generation console is turning off when plugged into the power supply. When the power supply unit is plugged into the wall independently it is getting power- based on the orange...
  7. Xbox Alpha Skip ahead - console power issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Alpha Skip ahead - console power issue: Has anyone noticed when they are playing a game or closing back to the dashboard, that their console light will blink twice a couple of times and then switch off? It seems to be sporadic, either...
  8. Xbox Alpha Skip ahead - console power issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Alpha Skip ahead - console power issue: Has anyone noticed when they are playing a game or closing back to the dashboard, that their console light will blink twice a couple of times and then switch off? It seems to be sporadic, either...
  9. xbox360 console power button will always goes to single red light in middle.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox360 console power button will always goes to single red light in middle.: I have tried to start up my xbox360. It started up a few times and I had to update my software. When I try to start it now it usually (9 times out of 10) will only show a green light in the center...
  10. Xbox Power button on console flashing off and on after power off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Power button on console flashing off and on after power off: Hi every once in a while my console when i press the power button to turn it off the console power button flashes on and off this is on a xbox one x the only fix is two hard power off but is their...