Console remote play button missing on latest version of the xbox app

Discus and support Console remote play button missing on latest version of the xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Right around the first week of the year the remote play button disappeared from my xbox app and now it only displays the insider Hub icon. Thusly, I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KJAXX06, Jan 19, 2022.

1. KJAXX06
    KJAXX06 Guest

Right around the first week of the year the remote play button disappeared from my xbox app and now it only displays the insider Hub icon. Thusly, I am not able to use the app to stream over my network to my PC. I also noticed that it was missing on the official MS store screenshot advertisements.

I am using version 2112.1001.10.0 of the xbox app for PC.

The remote play button is present on my phone and my ipad apps.

Is there any direction to allow remote access to my PC again?

:)

KJAXX06, Jan 19, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

That's strange. Try this: Go to Windows settings >> Apps >> Xbox >> Advanced >> Repair & Reset.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Reinstall the app please. After enabling remote features on the console, it should show on the app.
  4. KJAXX06 Win User

Thank yo SOOO much for sticking in there with me! Now I can focus on something else in my life!!
  5. KJAXX06 Win User

Thank you for the reply Jesse!

Still no luck.

The app still shows

[​IMG]

Where it used to show the remote console connection icon before the insider's hub icon.
  6. Jesse E' Win User

I'll suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Select Reset console.

- Choose Keep Games and Apps

Once that is done, you'll need to sign into the console using your Microsoft account credentials. If the issue is with your console, that should fix it.

Once you're done, reinstall the app
Thema:

1. Console remote play button missing on latest version of the xbox app - Similar Threads - Console remote play

2. Xbox series X Remote play console needs more authetication

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Remote play console needs more authetication: I'm trying to play my Xbox Series X remotely on my Laptop and I keep getting an error cV: UMy0G4cexfOG276sKuq8o2.8 it says I need more authentication on my console. Don't have a clue what it's...
  3. Need to keep console on at end of remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to keep console on at end of remote play: I'm looking to use my phone to host a server on Ark using remote play to control the server. I just need my Xbox One to stay on after I end a remote play session (or timeout of the remote play...
  4. Console party chat audio to remote play/console companion

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Console party chat audio to remote play/console companion: Is it possible to get the console's party chat audio into the remote play audio WITHOUT using the gamebar/app party chat option? i do not have a capture card and was trying to figure out a simple...
  5. Black Screen on Console Remote Play PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screen on Console Remote Play PC: I'm glad remote play is finally available on PC, unfortunately, when I connect to my Xbox Series X console, I keep seeing a black screen. I've waited so long for Microsoft to add remote play on...
  6. PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later: Trying to remote play via the Xbox app on Windows 10. It will turn on the console, play the loading rocket ship animation, then go to a black screen for 1 minute before it displays "You have been...
  7. Remote play (from your own console) should be accessible through Xbox cloud on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play (from your own console) should be accessible through Xbox cloud on PC: The feature already exists through the Xbox mobile phone app, I need this on PC as well. Make it available through Xbox.com/play or just through the xbox PC app. The main benefits I've had...
  8. Set a friend remote playing on my console as player 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Set a friend remote playing on my console as player 2?: I want to have a friend use remote play on the xbox app to join on my console and do couch co-op. It's basically functional but I haven't found a method to have my friend set their controller as...
  9. Remote Play on Windows 10 Known issue: Console streaming to a Windows 10 device from an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote Play on Windows 10 Known issue: Console streaming to a Windows 10 device from an...: Please can you advise if this will ever be enabled? I bought the Series X as a supposed upgrade to my Xbox One. Why is this feature disabled and will it ever be available (if so, when?)? I am...
  10. How to remove a console from the Xbox App - Remote Play lists consoles I don't own

in XboX Insiders
    How to remove a console from the Xbox App - Remote Play lists consoles I don't own: Hi Team, I traded in an existing Xbox One X for my Series X. I signed out of the One X, and it's removed from my Microsoft Account list of devices. However the Xbox App (iOS) still shows that...