Console Shut Down After Start Up

Discus and support Console Shut Down After Start Up in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just turned my console (Xbox One X) on via Instant On. After I signed in, I browsed the Home page for less than 30 seconds. While I was doing that,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MechaShadow84, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Console Shut Down After Start Up

I just turned my console (Xbox One X) on via Instant On. After I signed in, I browsed the Home page for less than 30 seconds. While I was doing that, my console shut itself down. I received no warning. I was not playing a game. I hadn't even had the time to launch any game or app. This is tied to the latest (October 4th) Skip Ahead build. Now it's not just the console shutting down while games are running. Now it can do this anytime. This is a major issue. It needs to be addressed.

submitted by /u/MechaShadow84
    [link] [comments]

/u/MechaShadow84, Oct 5, 2019
  2. PRIME KAL EL Win User

My Xbox one controller won't turn on the console after a few day without turning on the system

Power cycling didn't help at all. It shut down fine the first time, but after starting it back up, the controller would not shut off with the console or turn the console back on.
  3. MaximumExtreme Win User

new xbox one set-up issue

Are you sure it's shutting down? After the initial green screen it will go to a black screen the go to the set up. Give it a few minutes to start up. It may look like it's shut down but it's just loading.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Xbox game pass

Try holding down the power button on the console until it shuts off, unplug the console, plug it back in, and start up again. If it still does it after that, try uninstalling and reinstalling (you may want to try the same instructions to reset the console
    again after uninstalling).
  5. Arminator Win User

Your Lucky!

I just set up my console a few minutes ago, and it also took a long time after the update downloaded waiting at the green Xbox One screen. I turned the console off by touching the power sensor on the console, and the console started to shut down with a pulsating
    power light. After about a minute, the LED on the power brick turned yellow, when the console completely shut down. I then powered it up with the guide button on the contoller, and after a short wait on the Logo screen, setup continued.

Maybe it's really a case of "have you tried turning it off and on again?"
  6. pinkMISTdemon Win User

Xbox 1 shuts off at random times

Hello again,

Clearing the system cache might solve the issue, however, if your console is setup to shut down after a predesignated amount of time, that would be the source of the problem.

Is your console set up to shut down after 1 Hour of Inactivity?
Thema:

Console Shut Down After Start Up

1. Console Shut Down After Start Up - Similar Threads - Console Shut Down

2. Alpha Skip Ahead Issue With Console Automatically Shutting Down

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead Issue With Console Automatically Shutting Down: I recently upgraded to the Alpha Skip Ahead Beta Ring. I had previously just been in the Alpha Ring. Since switching over, on several occasions my console has just completely shut down, and upon...
  3. Xbox one s console shutting down randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s console shutting down randomly: When ever i connect my controller to my xbox the system shuts itself down. This make absolutely no sense at all but the controller doesn't connect sometimes and flashes once and then fades and...
  4. Does Streaming With A Logitech Webcam Plugged In Still Shut Down Consoles?

in XboX Insiders
    Does Streaming With A Logitech Webcam Plugged In Still Shut Down Consoles?: I wanted to use a camera whilst streaming, but saw that a fair few streamers had issues when using a camera with their consoles, namely that it'd shut down after around an hour or so of use. Is...
  5. Console shuts down external HDD issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console shuts down external HDD issue: Hello, i use an XBOX ONE X with the external HDD Western Digital My Book 12 TB USB 3.0. The Problem i got, is that when i go to XBOX Settings → System → Storage → select the external HDD →...
  6. Console shutting down on its own.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console shutting down on its own.: A group of us bought Citadel: forged with fire the other day and it works fine for everyone but myself. Everytime i try to play the game it shuts my xbox off. It happens in the menu after about...
  7. I can’t play COD modern warfare it causes my console shuts down!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play COD modern warfare it causes my console shuts down!!!!: can somebody help me with this??? Microsoft suport didn’t give me a solution and Activision its very hard to talk with them. I cant play the game it literally kills my console when I put it. I was...
  8. Console shutting down.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console shutting down.: Xbox 360s shuts down after 16 minutes of use. i have multiple fans and have vacuumed the vents. What is the possible issue? 51904d92-6fff-40ec-a4e8-6710880e4ed2
  9. Console powers, attempts to cycle, shuts down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console powers, attempts to cycle, shuts down: On Wednesday I got error msgs when attempting to open several games. I retried & they played okay. On Thursday my console began refusing to boot. The power button lights, the console powers, Hard...
  10. Borderlands 3 shut down console

in XboX Insiders
    Borderlands 3 shut down console: During game play after todays Alpha Skip-Ahead update. Had submitted report from console right after manually start up. It stated a console overheating but I dont think so,to the fact....