Console started to turn itself off after seconds/minutes

Discus and support Console started to turn itself off after seconds/minutes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I rearranged my living room and moved my XBox from one side of the room to the other. Since then it only runs for a few minutes - or seconds -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nblake42, Sep 12, 2015.

1. nblake42
    nblake42 Guest

Today I rearranged my living room and moved my XBox from one side of the room to the other. Since then it only runs for a few minutes - or seconds - before switching itself off. I tried unplugging all the power leads and leaving them for a while (several
    times), but it made no difference. Sometimes it would turn off before getting to the menu screen. Other times it would stay on until you tried to play a game, and then it would die.

I thought a system restore might help, but it hasn't; now it just turns off as it tries to run the setup process.

It's not overheating, it's not on carpet, it has plenty of ventilation. I've not had the console long...about a month. Perhaps foolishly I bought it new from eBay (it was a sealed Master Chief edition).

Unless someone has some magical thing I could try I imagine it will need to be repaired or replaced. What are my options?

:)

nblake42, Sep 12, 2015
  2. Tobakus
    Tobakus Guest
    Console turning off (@dashboard & ingame)

Hi,

it's been a while since the last time I played a game on my Xbox360 (about 6 months or so). Today I wanted to but after the WL-Update for Bayonetta the console turned itself off and I couldn't turn it on again -> Nothing was happening when I pressed the eject
    button/ power button / Xbox-button on the controller. All cables are in place and seem to work... After 5-10 minutes the xbox turned on by itself and seemed to be working properly - but after 30 secs in the game menu the console turned off again. 5-10 minutes
    later the console started itself but turned off after 10 minutes in the dashboard.

The light on the psu glows orange (standy) and green (console running) but turns completly off when the xbox shuts itself down.

Could you tell me where the problem is located? Thank you!

Tobakus, Sep 12, 2015
  3. MosephusJack
    MosephusJack Guest
    Latest update Bricked my console!?

I have a newer slim Xbox, and when I turned on the console it prompted me to update my console and started the process of downloading the update. After it finished downloading it started to restart the console and it did in fact turn off and back on quickly,
    but after I heard the xbox turn on again it turned off only after a second. So I waited a few minutes I tried to turn it back on with the controller and nothing, and then I check the power brick and no light. So I un plugged it and the orange light comes
    on for a second and then very quickly it goes green. red. and then completely off again. Any idea's?

MosephusJack, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Watch7ower
    Watch7ower Guest

Hi there,

as you have ensured your console is not overheating and has adequate ventilation, this may be an issue with your console's power supply. Please visit this page: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/console-wont-power-on/
    and check through solutions 4, 6 and 7. If none of these help, solution 8 may be your only option (having the power supply replaced).

Let us know how you get on! Good luck.

Watch7ower, Sep 17, 2015
  5. Watch7ower Win User

Hi there,

as you have ensured your console is not overheating and has adequate ventilation, this may be an issue with your console's power supply. Please visit this page: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/console-wont-power-on/
    and check through solutions 4, 6 and 7. If none of these help, solution 8 may be your only option (having the power supply replaced).

Let us know how you get on! Good luck.
  6. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Bought ModernWarfare tonight in lockdown and it won’t work

try to reboot the console, turn off the xbox by holding the xbox button for 60 second it will turn off automatically then after 1 minute turn it on by using the controller, and load the game again.
  7. XNG GAMING Win User

games error

Salut,Vider le cache,reste appuyer sur le bouton de démarrage sur la console pendant 10 secondes, il s'éteindra tout seul, débranchez le câble d'alimentation pendant 5 minutes, reconnectez et redémarrez la console

-[Translation - Hi, Empty the cache, just press the start button on the console for 10 seconds, it will turn off by itself, unplug the power cable for 5 minutes, reconnect and reboot the console]
  8. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Xbox fallout 4

You can try a hard reset of your console, by holding your finger on the white power button for several seconds until you hear a tone and then the console turns itself off. Unplug the console for a few minutes, plug it back in and turn it back on. This
    may help.
  9. Nate_099 Win User

Installed games from CD don't launch

You should try hard resetting your console, this is done by holding down the power button for ten seconds and then after the console turns off wait a minute or two before turning the console back on.
Thema:

1. Console started to turn itself off after seconds/minutes - Similar Threads - Console started turn

2. My App Keeps Closing and Saying "You Started Playing On Another Console"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My App Keeps Closing and Saying "You Started Playing On Another Console": I have been have this issue and I do not understand why. I have removed all Xbox's but mine and reset my password so only I know the password, but yet this message keeps popping up when my xbox is...
  3. Problem with Xbox app "Jump back in|Launch on Console" fails to start up console

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with Xbox app "Jump back in|Launch on Console" fails to start up console: [IMG] submitted by /u/TheFuri [link] [comments]
  4. i dont know why but from yesterday the console started sayng that i cannot play anymore at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i dont know why but from yesterday the console started sayng that i cannot play anymore at...: when i go to family and privacy to add a parent the xbox give me error. and when i try to do the same but i add me in a family it give mi error again. what can i do to resolve this problem...
  5. Début ultra bridé, et console bug -[Translation - Ultra tight start, and bug console]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Début ultra bridé, et console bug -[Translation - Ultra tight start, and bug console]: Des que je fais une mis a jour, mon debit est bridé a environ 1kbits/s. De plus, des que je sollicite un jeu nessécitant une connexion internet, soit la partie ne se lance pas, soit mon jeu crash....
  6. elp I turn off the console when I start a game (it's just a game with everyone if they go...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    elp I turn off the console when I start a game (it's just a game with everyone if they go...: the game cost me a lot of money and it doesn't start the game please if anyone knows how to fix it please tell me 2fdd0f9c-3c54-4e04-b065-20379fee7117
  7. My Xbox one console turns off after few mins of starting game

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one console turns off after few mins of starting game: Hi sir, I am facing an issue with my xbox console, it turns off after couple of mins when i start playing a game, light of power brick turns off also. If i unplug power and plug it again light...
  8. When you say no to a download and several hours later when you turn your console of it starts!

in XBoX on Consoles
    When you say no to a download and several hours later when you turn your console of it starts!: Last night i installed a game and when i was finished it wanted to do a big update. I said no took out the disc and started to play a different game. when i ended the night i pressed the x on...
  9. Console turns off when starting games; Gold membership not being recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console turns off when starting games; Gold membership not being recognized: HI, I purchased an Xbox One S a week and a half ago. Until yesterday, everything seemed fine. Yesterday, I booted up the Xbox and there was an update. I ran it and then went to download my...
  10. Console turns off always when a game is starting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console turns off always when a game is starting: I have already sent the console to repair. It came back today but the problem remains the same. The Xbox one turns off when a game is in its loading screens. It happens with more than one game....