Console Streaming and Security

Discus and support Console Streaming and Security in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When I disconnect a console streaming session on my Android devices, the Xbox itself remains signed in with my account. If someone else then physically... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/madman6886, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Console Streaming and Security

When I disconnect a console streaming session on my Android devices, the Xbox itself remains signed in with my account. If someone else then physically powers up the console, they are able to essentially "impersonate" me without any additional security/passcode verification. My Xbox is set up such that all users always have to login with passcode, I am the adult and I have two kids with restricted accounts. Currently, if I don't explicitly log out at the end of my session, one of my kids can then power up Xbox, skip their own login prompt and play under my account, thus avoiding all the time and content restrictions I set up. Ideally, if console detects an actual "console," non-streaming session being resumed, it should ask for passcode again - sort of like Remote Desktop works on Windows, requiring to authenticate once the session is resumed locally after remote disconnects.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Logout of Xbox Live account on my Xbox X
    2. Power down Xbox
    3. Start console streaming session on my Android phone/tablet (Samsung S10/Samsung Tab S2)
    4. Disconnect in the streaming app
    5. Power up Xbox by pressing button on the console
    6. Power up kid's assigned controller
    7. Press B at his (kids) login/passcode prompt
    8. Voila - his controller, my account and no more restrictions....

For now I try to logout before disconnecting, but there could be situation like connectivity loss, where this is not possible. Please let me know if I'm doing this wrong or this is something that needs to be formally reported as a bug.

Thanks,
    Alex

submitted by /u/madman6886
    [link] [comments]

/u/madman6886, Dec 2, 2019
  2. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox Stream kann in der Xbox App nicht gestartet werden[Xbox stream can not be started in the Xbox app]

Since you got the error about saying you must sign in on the console first, please turn on the console and enable the option to log in automatically without having to enter a password:

Select Settings. Select All Settings. Under Account, select Sign-in, security & passkey. Under Sign-in, security & passkey, select Change my sign-in & security preferences. Choose one of the options: "No barriers" is no password.

If you have a passkey you may also have to disable that:
    https://support.xbox.com/my-account/security/delete-passkey

Then this should work fine on your PC with streaming without having to have you log in each time on the console.
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Watching movies on Xbox Browser or any other App ?

Hello SA_455,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns using websites to stream movies on your Xbox One S console.

Unfortunately, these websites are not supported as they are not recommended due to possible security concerns in reference to account information/data. There are not available steps in order to resolve being able to stream movies through these unrecommended
    websites.

Best wishes!
  4. monepanda Win User

Xbox Stream kann in der Xbox App nicht gestartet werden[Xbox stream can not be started in the Xbox app]

Since you got the error about saying you must sign in on the console first, please turn on the console and enable the option to log in automatically without having to enter a password:

Select Settings. Select All Settings. Under Account, select Sign-in, security & passkey. Under Sign-in, security & passkey, select Change my sign-in & security preferences. Choose one of the options: "No barriers" is no password.

If you have a passkey you may also have to disable that:
    https://support.xbox.com/my-account/security/delete-passkey

Then this should work fine on your PC with streaming without having to have you log in each time on the console.
    Thank you so much for the quick help. Unfortunately, the Xbox is not only used by me but also by other flatmates and I don't want everyone to have access to my profile.
    Temporarily, I've used a rarely used profile for this purpose, but this is actually just a workaround and not a real solution to the problem. The Xbox even indicates that I'm starting the stream with my profile. This means it actually detects that I am
    logged in, but it still doesn't work.
  5. Geth Win User

Internet explorer on xbox one keeps crashing!!!

Hello.

Xbox's browser Microsoft Edge, will crash when not on a secure website.

It will also crash on some stream site, especially the one that require a flash player.

It's best to find a more secure site or use a computer for those current sites.
  6. iamsidhu Win User

Internet explorer on xbox one keeps crashing!!!

Hello.

Xbox's browser Microsoft Edge, will crash when not on a secure website.

It will also crash on some stream site, especially the one that require a flash player.

It's best to find a more secure site or use a computer for those current sites.
    what if you went inprivate browser?
Thema:

Console Streaming and Security

1. Console Streaming and Security - Similar Threads - Console Streaming Security

2. Xbox console companion game stream mic not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox console companion game stream mic not working: I didn't know this was even an option it had until recently, but it doesn't even work for me... Does it work for anyone else, if so, any ideas on how to get it working?...
  3. Console streaming dont need VPN anymore

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming dont need VPN anymore: This is my second morning when Microsoft make me happy. The first one is when I was accepted on Project xcloud. Anyway from this morning I realized that I dont need to use a VPN when start the...
  4. When console streaming the resolution is stuck on 640x480 unless the TV connected to the...

in XboX Insiders
    When console streaming the resolution is stuck on 640x480 unless the TV connected to the...: As the title says the console resolution is stuck on 640x480 with no other options in the Xbox's device settings. If I turn the TV on though (connected to the Xbox via HDMI) then then the...
  5. Been getting this screen for 2 days whenever I try to console stream. When I test console...

in XboX Insiders
    Been getting this screen for 2 days whenever I try to console stream. When I test console...: [IMG] submitted by /u/LexBlueriver [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox console streaming to mobile help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox console streaming to mobile help.: so I'm trying to stream my Xbox console to my phone but its a bit confusing, so I have an Xbox, a Bluetooth controller, a compatible phone, im and insider, I have the insider hub app I have the...
  7. Console streaming / project Xcloud on Fire tv!

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming / project Xcloud on Fire tv!: Last week I was able to boot up and play either console streaming or project Xcloud on my fire TV! Now when I load up the app it won't let me navigate, I have installed the latest version. Anyone...
  8. 8m having issues from streaming from my console! Audio is not playing and it's hard to see...

in XboX Insiders
    8m having issues from streaming from my console! Audio is not playing and it's hard to see...: submitted by /u/Austineer5 [link] [comments]
  9. Console Streaming is low res and not full screen :(

in XboX Insiders
    Console Streaming is low res and not full screen :(: Anyone else running into this issue? It's been beautiful for me up until tonight, never had this issue before. On the Samsung S10+ it's no longer in fullscreen and looks like a low res mess....
  10. I have some issues getting access to console streaming for my bro.

in XboX Insiders
    I have some issues getting access to console streaming for my bro.: Hi, recently I tried helping my bro get access to console streaming. I got him into xcloud a day later after registering. I already have access to console and cloud streaming. We use the same...