Console turns on by itself (Beta Ring)

Discus and support Console turns on by itself (Beta Ring) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My Xbox One S randomly turns on by itself. This has been happening for about the past week. I previously thought that it was caused by the Xbox Alexa... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Mrddboy, Oct 13, 2021.

1. /u/Mrddboy
    /u/Mrddboy Guest

My Xbox One S randomly turns on by itself. This has been happening for about the past week. I previously thought that it was caused by the Xbox Alexa skill but after disabling it the problem persisted. I also tried turning off TV controls but it still happens. It usually happens 1 or 2 minutes after turning it off but it can also happen hours after turning it off.

submitted by /u/Mrddboy
    [link] [comments]

/u/Mrddboy, Oct 13, 2021
  2. BernaDarkMaster Win User

Console turns on by itself.

Hi!

I already solved the issue.

It looks like the problem has something to do with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. However, I don't know exactly what triggers this error.

The solution was to reset the console.

(Quick notes:

I was running a preview version of the OS when this error happened. I have not tested with the stable version.)
  3. swank chucky Win User

Maybe I just purchased a lesser quality of product.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

Console turning on by itself.

RK1 Kitt,

Sorry to hear! Would there happen to be any objects that may be within range of the power button on your Xbox One console, such as loose cables? Additionally, this may be a bit of a reach but has been a cause for others with a similar issue, but is there
    a possibility that you have any pets that could possibly be within reach of the power button? I know those are silly scenarios, but we've seen this in some cases with the touch buttons on the Xbox One console.

If the above does not apply, let's start out with the following steps:

• Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console until the console fully powers down,
    • Unplug your Xbox One console's power from the console and let it sit for 5 minutes
    • After the time is up, plug everything back in and reboot.
    If the issue occurs again, the next best step would be to Factory Restore your Xbox One console and select 'Reset and keep my games & apps'.

Please be sure to keep us posted! :)
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Thanks for letting us know! Happy gaming!
  6. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey Berna -

Which mode is your console set to:
    Instant On or Energy Saver
    ? And do you have background downloads enabled? It sounds as if your console is downloading/installing updates while in instant-on mode. Try changing it to energy saver and see if you still experience the issue. :)

Let us know!
Thema:

1. Console turns on by itself (Beta Ring) - Similar Threads - Console turns itself

2. My Xbox one console turns it on itself.....

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one console turns it on itself.....: My Xbox one console turns it on itself even if i have no kincent connected (packed becuase we are moving out... anyway even if i dont touch or changes anything in settings and enegry or power...
  3. There's an explanation why my console (in some cases) turn back on by itself?

in XboX Insiders
    There's an explanation why my console (in some cases) turn back on by itself?: Some details: I have it with Instant-On. Is paired with Alexa Echo. Is paired with the Console Streaming App. Is (now) paired with the new Xbox (beta) app. Is plugged into an elGato HD60S. So the...
  4. Xbox One S will turn on but blank tv screen and console turn itself off after about 10...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S will turn on but blank tv screen and console turn itself off after about 10...: Was working fine until few days ago. Have replaced the hdmi to hdmi cable, used hairdryer to clean out any dust in console, checked power cable, tried to reset by holding main button and disc...
  5. My console sometimes turns itself on. Why?

in XBoX on Mobile
    My console sometimes turns itself on. Why?: I don't know why this keeps happening with my Xbox One, but at times when I go to work and then later after I get off, I see my console being turned on by itself. I mean what is going on here? Is...
  6. Problems with xbox profile turning on/log in by itself on different consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with xbox profile turning on/log in by itself on different consoles?: How to fix a problem with xbox live profile turning on or log in by itself on 2 different consoles. I have my xbox live profile saved on my brother console, so that we can play together or with...
  7. [Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console.

in XboX Insiders
    [Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console.: I was watching a Dreamhack stream on the Twitch app, left it running full-screen and my controller turned off. After about an hour, the console shut down on its own. After this, I could not start...
  8. Xbox one console unexpectedly turns itself on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one console unexpectedly turns itself on.: Thought that my Xbox one console unexpectedly turns itself on issue was solved. WRONG! Seems to be turning itself on at times that I would sometimes be playing. Just have to deal with it. Thanks...
  9. Xbox turns off by itself/Reset console games don’t work/Services are failing to work/Console ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turns off by itself/Reset console games don’t work/Services are failing to work/Console ...: This all started once I downloaed the free game for the month, The Witcher 3, the game played fine until I started to get a message saying something was wrong with my save files and to reset the...
  10. Console turns itself on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console turns itself on?: I have a strange problem. I'm not sure exactly how long this has been going on now but it might be close to a year now, where my Xbox one will turn itself on. It seems to happen most frequently...