Console won't play bluray discs nor purchased videos

Discus and support Console won't play bluray discs nor purchased videos in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My consoles keeps giving me errors whenever I try playing bluray discs or any of my purchased videos. It says that my monitor (LG 32ud99) is not hdcp... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Stinky SOMBRERO, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Console won't play bluray discs nor purchased videos

My consoles keeps giving me errors whenever I try playing bluray discs or any of my purchased videos. It says that my monitor (LG 32ud99) is not hdcp 2.2 compliant when it is. It also says right before I get the error that it can only play HD videos as its not 4k capable. It used to work on my original xbox one but not on the rest. My ps4 Pro and pc plays anything on the same monitor so its the xbox consoles that's the problem.

Xbox one x

Xbox series x

LG 32ud99-w 4k monitor.

:)

Stinky SOMBRERO, Apr 19, 2021
  2. ArminatorX Win User

New Xbox Console

While there probably won't be a new Xbox generation console in 2019, rumor has it, that they'll release a console without optical drive, which will have the same capabilities than the current generation Xbox One S, with the exception, that you can only play
    download games on it and only watch streaming video.

You'll be unable to use the console to play BluRay/DVD discs or play disc based games.

If that's "new" enough for you, then go ahead, and put your golf club irons for mid handicapper referral money to good use and purchase the console ;-)
  3. devsfan1830 Win User

Movies freeze on blu-ray

The cache is "Persistent Storage" under Disc and Bluray settings. I've been having bluray issues CONSTANTLY since day one launch. I cant even remeber if Ive ever NOT had a bluray freeze, drop frames, hang or distort while playing bluray discs, both 2D or
    3D, both with HDMI passthrough my AV system and direct connection to my TV. Games, DVDs and all other video apps work just fine. I even had my console replaced in the end, didn't solve anything. I suspect the issue lies with the OS and app itself. If I didn't
    have a PS4 to play them (where every disc played perfectly) I'd be far more mad. The xbox with the TV passthrough is pretty much my primary box. To need top switch consoles for JUST blurays is disappointing.
  4. Matt Hammer83 Win User

Xbox kicks me out of all Apps "Try Again Later"

Bluray player doesn't work either, nor do games on disc. Everything closes saying please try later. Netflix asked for a disc, wtaf Xbox.?
  5. JimHet Win User

Bluray discs not detected

Unfortunately didn't work although some of my Blurays sometimes play. My son is going to take the discs that won't play to try on his mates Xbox one.
  6. jaimegonzalezcamaren Win User

Installation problem

you can try deleting permanent storage: settings, all settings, discs and bluray, bluray, permanent storage, clear.

Later install/uninstall bluray app.

Powercycle console and try again.

If issue persist, test disc on other console, if continues game disc is damaged (need to get another disc) but if other consoles install game then your disc drive need repair your console.

Hope this helps you.
Thema:

Console won't play bluray discs nor purchased videos

1. Console won't play bluray discs nor purchased videos - Similar Threads - Console won't play

2. After several months gamertag won't change in xbox console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    After several months gamertag won't change in xbox console companion: After several months or even longer of waiting my gamertag hasn't changed and have no idea on what to do. Any help...? 1c74ba29-20e4-4009-8808-a9b527a2826a
  3. my xbox console hanged all of sudden and now won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox console hanged all of sudden and now won't turn on: Hi Guys, I was playing game and all of sudden console hanged. I restarted the console and now it won't turn on. Light is dim and goes to sleep after minutes. Controller lights are also blinking...
  4. Bought a game digitally on my console and it still says buy to own. Won't install even...

in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game digitally on my console and it still says buy to own. Won't install even...: Contacted Microsoft support and they told me it's an emerging problem. They said the game would just show up in my library after the tech people fix the issue. Has anyone here experienced this? Is...
  5. Xbox Console Won't Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console Won't Update: My console has been giving me the "Connext to xbox live" message on the home screen since Thursday, but a Connection Test and the fact I could use youtube begged to differ. All my online games...
  6. 360 console won't connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 console won't connect to live: I have been having this issue for about a week now with my 360 console. There's an Internet connection and all my other devices work with it, the console says its got an Internet connection but...
  7. Xbox One S console won't startup, even after offline update fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S console won't startup, even after offline update fix: So my console started giving me the E100 to E200 errors around October, so I did the offline update (with the OSU1 file) and it worked, now after a few months of using it normally I noticed games...
  8. My Xbox One Console Won't Let Me Play Online Games Without Xbox Live Gold!

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox One Console Won't Let Me Play Online Games Without Xbox Live Gold!: I'm wondering why this happens. Is this a normal thing? My friends don't have this problem. I don't know why this happens. Can I please have some help? 00bb5ad1-754e-4673-bf3f-76063067acb8
  9. Forza Motorsport 1 on Xbox 360-Console will read disc but won't play it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Motorsport 1 on Xbox 360-Console will read disc but won't play it: Hello! I just got my brand new copy of Forza Motorsport-the original game for the first Xbox-and am trying to play it on my 250GB HD Xbox 360. The disc can be read just fine (i.e. "Play Forza...
  10. Console won't play any games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console won't play any games.: From yesterday onwards I am unable to play any games at all on my X Box 1 console. The game goes to to the main screen with the 'loading icon'. No matter how long I leave the game to load nothing...