Constant Messaging Issues on Console Companion

Discus and support Constant Messaging Issues on Console Companion in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have fought issues with sending messages on the PC App for some time now with no rhyme or reason as to why it works for a few minutes then fails with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by bburzycki, Nov 4, 2019.

1. bburzycki
    bburzycki Guest

I have fought issues with sending messages on the PC App for some time now with no rhyme or reason as to why it works for a few minutes then fails with the "we can't show your friends right now - try refreshing" notification.

I need to know if there are limits on messages sent in a certain timeframe or something that is just broken and will never be fixed.

I send messages to my clan as reminders and updates etc. Sometimes xbox messaging is the only way to get in touch with them vs. discord where not all of them migrate too.

When i try to send a message - Lest say 1 message a minute as I remind them to come back and play etc. I will make it a few messages in and then the dreaded:

We can't shows you friends right now - but this is also teamed up with the fact the app will not populate the message box with the GT of the person I am trying to message with no error just a blank message with no ability to send it.

Are others seeing this?

I have done everything to try to work around it and nothing works consistently

I have also fully removed the app using powershell and reinstalled as was suggested but that also just broke again about 10 messages into sending them. But at least it worked for 5 minutes longer than previous.

If this is a throttling for spam prevention that needs to have a work around for those that have good rep on the system and need to be able to communicate with people that want to be contacted on the system.

Any suggestions are welcome.

:)

bburzycki, Nov 4, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I assume it's a service issue, since I myself see that issue in the app a couple of times in the recent past.

As alternative you can also try and download the beta version of the companion app to see if that responds any different.

It's worth the shot, also try it an alternate device like a mobile or tablet. Since there can be issues happening on one range of devices while things are fine on other types.

Let us know the results
  3. bburzycki Win User

I have tried all the normal items and found that operation is just totally intermittent but fails way more often than it works.

I used to be able to use messaging on the web interface but that seems to work the same. I know they are revamping all the messaging and it cannot happen soon enough.

I just wish there was an easier way to keep in touch with larger groups for those of us that run large clans and or groups. There just is no way to do this unless you think everyone will become a friend which they will not and should not have too.

Maybe there is a way to allow for integration into games that support clans etc to allow for opt in messaging for that clan. Sadly I know this would be abused.
  4. Garys Xbox Win User

Constant Console Issues

He could try the usual 'Clear System Cache' But i think it might be worth his while to get himself a new Xbox if its on the way out. It sounds like its Swan song.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

gears 5 profile xbox live doesn't connect on pc

Hello frédéricbenabdallah,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to ensure that we provide the correct solution. Does an error message or error code appear when the issue occurs? Do you see any network error messages when you go to the network
    settings in the
    Xbox Console Companion App
    ? Is this issue occurring with multiple games or just Gears of War 5? Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. BarbecueSausage Win User

People's Feeds

I have been having feed issues on the console companion
Thema:

1. Constant Messaging Issues on Console Companion - Similar Threads - Constant Messaging Issues

2. Xbox One X (Alpha Ring) is constantly overheating and powering off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X (Alpha Ring) is constantly overheating and powering off: I’ve been playing Borderlands 3 recently, loving it by the way, but the console is constantly shutting down? It’s well ventilated, not blocked by anything, not even hot to the touch. It has been...
  3. Constant freezing and signing in issues for 5 days

in XBoX Accessibility
    Constant freezing and signing in issues for 5 days: My Xbox constantly signs me out and refuses to start up any games or apps unless I restart it 5-6 times, it's also signing me out of netflix and Hulu, and even YouTube I've tried clearing my local...
  4. Xbox One X games crashing constantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X games crashing constantly: A few months ago I bought an Xbox One X, which is constantly crashing when playing several games. For example, when I just bought it I continued playing Dead Rising 4 and every 20-30 minutes the...
  5. App messaging doesn't work - constant loading circle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App messaging doesn't work - constant loading circle: Can't get my Xbox App messaging to work. I am connected, I can see my friends list, etc. everything works, except for messaging. When I click on the messaging icon it just shows the loading circle...
  6. Constantly given error messages that make the game unplayable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Constantly given error messages that make the game unplayable: I am constantly getting error messages such as " certain features require a connection to xbox live. Please check your network connection and configuration." when my connection is fine. I cannot...
  7. Why purchased games that are on disc, constantly give you error messages

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why purchased games that are on disc, constantly give you error messages: I HAVE HAD MY XBOX ONE SINCE THE HOLIDAYS AND TIL THIS DAY, IM STILL GOING THROUGH THE SAME PROBLEMS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. FIRST PROBLEM IS WHEN I TRY AND PLAY A GAME THAT I HAVE PURCHASED ON DISC...
  8. Rude and hate messages constantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rude and hate messages constantly: Does anyone know what I can do about all these hateful messages I'm constantly getting cause of my high legit level, on GTA 5 Online. I've blocked and reported them but they will continue to...
  9. External Hard Drive Message of "Ready" constantly appears, crashes my game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Message of "Ready" constantly appears, crashes my game.: Having a recurring issue for the past month where any game I have loaded onto my external hard drive that's plugged into my Xbox One crashes while I am playing it and then within 10 seconds a...
  10. My xbox has been lagging constantly. Shows me the error message "took to long" for ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox has been lagging constantly. Shows me the error message "took to long" for ...: Ive tried resetting, pretty much everything you can try. nothing has worked please someone help. some games do work like black ops 3 but it takes about 10 minutes to load up main menu then i go on...