Constant static from headphones on new xb1 controller

Discus and support Constant static from headphones on new xb1 controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently bought a new xbox one controller and I am experiencing a lot of static through my headphones and headphone adapter, I have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Elliott Huxley-Smith, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Constant static from headphones on new xb1 controller

I have recently bought a new xbox one controller and I am experiencing a lot of static through my headphones and headphone adapter, I have tried everything from unplugging the headphones, changing headphones stereo output and other options found on the
    internet, I am especially annoyed as I have already returned a controller I bought a week ago believing this very same static issue was a conttoller fault only to realise that it happened on the controller I bought earlier today.

:)

Elliott Huxley-Smith, Aug 30, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Elliott,

Thanks for keeping us updated. If the controller were causing the static, then it should cause it no matter what headset you plug into it. have you been able to test a different headset? You can even try normal earbuds if your controller has the 3.5 mm jack
    (all modern controllers do).

If you figure out that the controller is the problem, your best bet would be returning it to the store for an exchange. You could always

exchange it through us
    however, it would take longer than going back to the retailer.

Hope this helps!
  3. Elliott Huxley-Smith Win User

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have tested others, the controller I was using before that was secondhand which has now broken worked no problem with no static.

The headset is Turtle Beach Recon 50x.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

5. o Bura FreaK o Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adaopter

I and countless others are having this same problem. I bought the turtle beach x04's and had constant sound drops and static. The headphones work fine on an ipod/laptop etc but only have problems when using them on the xbone. Even if i use any other headphones
    on the xbone with the adaptor i still get the sound dropouts and static. I ended up returning the xo4's as it is a complete disgrace that we are having these issues and that they are yet to be resolved. The [roblem's lie with the headset adaptor and until
    this is patched we are going to keep experiencing these issues, what a joke.
  6. ocelot20 Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset or Turtle Beach XO4 Headset

@godslayer1975

The PS4 Gold headphones work with the XB1 as well.

You just need the XB1 headset adapter and the cable going from the headset to the adapter. Works pretty well.
Thema:

1. Constant static from headphones on new xb1 controller - Similar Threads - Constant static headphones

2. Problems with microsoft merchandise causing problems constantly to laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with microsoft merchandise causing problems constantly to laptop: I have been a follower of Bill Gates for a long time. I love Microsoft. Or I used to. I have a brand new laptop that came with Windows 10. I like the start screen and everything. However, since...
  3. Xbox one X constantly asking me to clear local saved games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X constantly asking me to clear local saved games: My X is almost daily asking me to clear local saved games. I’ve done every type of reset, tried with and without my external drive... to no avail. What can i do to resolve this? Ive seen other...
  4. Red Dead Redemption 2 Constant Disconnects

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Dead Redemption 2 Constant Disconnects: Hey y'all I am getting disconnected from RDR2 like every few minutes. I have setup port forwarding as recommended by Rockstar, also tried just having XBox Live service running without port...
  5. Xbox gets dropped from internet constantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gets dropped from internet constantly: Hello, I have been a Microsoft customer for several years and for the most part I am pleased with the products and services offered. The problem I am having though is that when I moved into my...
  6. Elite Controller Constant Vibrating from Left Main

in XBoX Accessibility
    Elite Controller Constant Vibrating from Left Main: This issue started only recently. It feels like maybe the vibrator is knocked loose, but I can't tell for sure. I'm pretty sure it's the left main, because when I go into the elite controller...
  7. Plex constant Buffering on Previews!

in XboX Insiders
    Plex constant Buffering on Previews!: When using Plex to play back something after about 3-10 mins it will hit consistent buffering, I have tested the same Plex build and exact same media on 4 Xbox Ones 1 in preview and 3 not and the...
  8. WiFi disconnects constantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi disconnects constantly: [img] Okay, so any time i open an app, it disconects xbox live. Then if i do a test, it re connects. Then the second i open an app, it disconnects It also shows this message. Anything i can do?...
  9. Xbox one s constantly crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s constantly crashing: My sons xbox is constantly crashing when playing fortnite. He can get maybe one game in then it starts crashing and can never get back in for the rest of the day. Loads up crashes back to the home...
  10. Buzzing sound, lots of static noise, constantly stops downloading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buzzing sound, lots of static noise, constantly stops downloading: Hi, So, I ordered myself a XBOX One - Sunset Overdrive Bundle (without Kinect, white) and tried booting it up for the first time yesterday. I had to install an update first, the noise the...