Control game, press enter to start does nothing

Discus and support Control game, press enter to start does nothing in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I installed the game Control from the Xbox GamePass store. When I launch the game, it starts up and comes to the screen where it says "Press... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ranju V, Feb 21, 2021 at 6:43 PM.

1. Ranju V
    Ranju V Guest

Hello,
    I installed the game Control from the Xbox GamePass store. When I launch the game, it starts up and comes to the screen where it says "Press Enter to start". Now when I press enter or click with the mouse, nothing happens. In fact no key press seems to have any effect. The only thing I can do is press Alt+F4 to exit the game. The game isn't hung though as the animation continues playing on this screen and I can hear the audio as well - just that it doesn't respond to any keyboard or mouse input.

I tried re-installing the game but to no avail. I also re-installed the Microsoft Store app and the Xbox app and that didn't make a difference either. Please help. Thanks.

Raj

:)

1 person likes this.
  2. Vladimir Davidov
    Vladimir Davidov New Member
    I've run into it, too. Yesterday, I installed the offline option in the Xbox app. After that, I can't enter the game menu. I press a button on the keyboard or gamepad - the game does not respond to clicks. Before that I played a few days without problems.

Vladimir Davidov, Feb 21, 2021 at 7:26 PM
  3. Vladimir Davidov
    Vladimir Davidov New Member
    I solved this problem. I run my PC remotely from Laptop by RDP and start the game - Enter worked like a sharm. After that I log in to PC normaly and have no problem.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 7:33 AM
    Vladimir Davidov, Feb 23, 2021 at 7:16 AM
  4. Harrison-One
    Harrison-One New Member

I've solved this on my PC, go into GEForce Experience, and turn off GameStream in the Sheild options - this let me run the game fine on keyboard and controller.

Good luck!

5. SPC Salty Win User

Have you checked the driver for your controller? Possibly try another controller? I know when windows did their last update, the Focus Assist was bugging my games because I run Dual Screens. Might that be a possibility?
  6. Ranju V Win User

Thanks for the reply. I don’t have a game controller handy. I am just using the keyboard and the mouse. I can press Alt+Enter to make the game exit full screen and run inside a window but that still doesn’t respond to pressing Enter. It’s as if all input to the window is being stolen by some other program.
  7. noboundz Win User

Why does Youtube search on the dashboard suck so horribly bad?

There's nothing wrong with the Youtube search function. Press Y, start entering what you're looking for, and predictive text does the rest. Don't like it, use a computer.
  8. Dopaman Horo Win User

Keyboard is more or less not working in games

Hey same problem here with Wolfenstein, with or without keyboard. Also tried the xbox 360 controller but nothing happend when i press start/enter, just a grey square that disappeared
  9. onyxishere Win User

ReCore not works. Press ENTER to start!

Sorry to hear it. Please try restarting your pc to see if that helps.
Thema:

1. Control game, press enter to start does nothing - Similar Threads - Control game press

2. Microsoft controlling when I can play my games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft controlling when I can play my games.: Isnt it just so nice that microsoft can just change settings on anything even to do things like restrict my access to my own games? they even know that they are doing it and dont care, because im...
  3. Is this legit? Can I actually use a xbox 360 controller on the series S or X for old games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this legit? Can I actually use a xbox 360 controller on the series S or X for old games?: All Xbox controllers will be compatible with Xbox Series X - Somag News f55003e1-8666-42f7-a8e0-940f9ca14026
  4. Series 1 Elite Controller Lost Sync mid game!

in XboX Insiders
    Series 1 Elite Controller Lost Sync mid game!: So my elite series 1 controller has just lost sync with my series x mid game. I had to exit out of Fallout 76 by restarting my console, and now my console and controller are again, refusing to...
  5. (Win10) Xbox One Controller Thumbstick buttons (L3/R3) not working in any game

in XboX Insiders
    (Win10) Xbox One Controller Thumbstick buttons (L3/R3) not working in any game: i've tried a bunch of things but nothing seems to work. it specifically doesn't work in-game, any game, no matter if it's from steam, origin, gog etc.. outside of games, it's being registered...
  6. Xbox series x after exiting game using xbox button on the controller screen goes black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x after exiting game using xbox button on the controller screen goes black: I have xbox series x and samsung ur55 monitor and it worked awsome and looked awsome until 2 days ago this problem started happening , I am playing games just fine it looks great but when I quit...
  7. fps cap with in game limiter, RTSS and Nvidia control panel

in XBoX on Windows
    fps cap with in game limiter, RTSS and Nvidia control panel: Hi ,I have 2 questions 1.can limiting fps hurt a gpu?(i know its a silly question but i need to prove it to someone) 2.which one of frame limit options is better ? i usually use RTSS or in game...
  8. Game Bar doesn't open when pressing 360 controller Home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar doesn't open when pressing 360 controller Home button: The Game Bar does open when I press Win + G but it doesn't open when I press the Home button on my Xbox 360 wireless controller. I have that option checked in both the Game Bar settings and the...
  9. Xbox game bar won´t show up when I press the Xbox button on the xbox one controller.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar won´t show up when I press the Xbox button on the xbox one controller.: Hello. So I was trying to use the Xbox home button on the controller to open up the game bar.However, it wouldn´t show up, unless I pressed the Windows key+G. It worked fine before, but now it...
  10. Pressing B button on Xbox One Controller causes Xbox App Game Streaming to Stop Streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pressing B button on Xbox One Controller causes Xbox App Game Streaming to Stop Streaming: Using the Xbox App on Windows 10 streaming the Xbox One when I press the B button the Stream instantly stops and goes back to Xbox One App. Anyone else seeing this issue?...