Control volume and OneGuide on Live TV using Kinect

Discus and support Control volume and OneGuide on Live TV using Kinect in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have 3 sugestions: 1) First, we should be able to turn Kinect hand cursor on/off for each app separately (just keep the Go Home gesture on). 2) I'd... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RafaelSMay, Mar 20, 2014.

1. RafaelSMay
    RafaelSMay Guest

I have 3 sugestions:

1) First, we should be able to turn Kinect hand cursor on/off for each app separately (just keep the Go Home gesture on).

2) I'd like to use Kinect to control volume on my tv by putting the hand cursor on the top of the screen and grabing, draging sideways.

3) Also, would be great to be able to open OneGuide by pressing (or press and hold) the hand cursor on the screen.

:)

RafaelSMay, Mar 20, 2014
  2. pd730
    pd730 Guest
    Xbox One with Denon Receiver?

Uh, it won't do that. "It can control the following devices and functions:

Television: on/off, volume up/down and mute

Cable or satellite receiver: on/off, channel selection (in supported regions)

Audio-video (AV) receiver: on/off, volume up/down and mute"

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-oneguide

pd730, Mar 20, 2014
  3. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    OneGuide and Sinotec TV

Hi D1rtyDan1979,

TV controls are beamed via the Kinect. Follow
    this guide
    for troubleshooting and setup for the Kinect IR controls.

Hordie, Mar 20, 2014
  4. Hordie Win User

OneGuide and Sinotec TV

Hi D1rtyDan1979,

TV controls are beamed via the Kinect. Follow
    this guide
    for troubleshooting and setup for the Kinect IR controls.
  5. pd730 Win User

Xbox One with Denon Receiver?

Uh, it won't do that. "It can control the following devices and functions:

Television: on/off, volume up/down and mute

Cable or satellite receiver: on/off, channel selection (in supported regions)

Audio-video (AV) receiver: on/off, volume up/down and mute"

6. Shadowramx Win User

Xbox One and Comcast X1 box

7. J.R.G. Win User
  8. JodyCloutier Win User

Setting up Samsung Tivo device control

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this is a known issue that these types of advanced set-top-box (STB) controls are not supported yet so you need to continue to use the STB remote? I'm in Canada and using a Media Center PC and the only thing that works
    as well is channel up / down, volume, and yelling at the tv to change channels. See here.

Thema:

1. Control volume and OneGuide on Live TV using Kinect - Similar Threads - Control volume OneGuide

2. volume control

in XBoX on Consoles
    volume control: hello how can i reduse volume on headset that is connected on xbox ones controller? 60c3c37d-468c-4c76-ab9b-95d2521b1f29
  3. How to Disable Windows 10 Xbox Virtual Keyboard and Volume Controls

in XBoX on Windows
    How to Disable Windows 10 Xbox Virtual Keyboard and Volume Controls: So i don't want the Xbox fake keyboard popping up while i'm trying to play a game. I also don't want pressing down taking control of the volume controls and making my volume go down, like while...
  4. Media Remote no longer controls TV Volume

in XboX Insiders
    Media Remote no longer controls TV Volume: Xbox One X, Samsung 4K TV, PDP Talon remote. Nothing changed in my settings, and I did go in and remove my TV and re-add it. During the setup, it correctly muted and adjusted the volume of my...
  5. Volume control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume control: So I just got an Xbox One x, and a talón remote control as well, and I've got it set up to control turning my TV on and off, but nothing happens when I try to turn the TV volume up/down/mute....
  6. Volume controls not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume controls not working: Recently for some reason i can't change the volume of my tv neither the app nor the comtroller can do it anymore. I had my lwft bumper set to shift and d-pad up and down to asjust the volume and...
  7. Solution for Xbox One Media remote no longer being able to adjust volume. (Power controls...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solution for Xbox One Media remote no longer being able to adjust volume. (Power controls...: I have an Xbox One X connected to an LG tv who's volume used to be able to be adjusted by an Xbox One Media Remote. It has recently stopped working even though all other functions of the remote...
  8. Xbox Companion App Party Mic Sensitivity and Individual Volume Control

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App Party Mic Sensitivity and Individual Volume Control: Hey, I've been playing a lot of Modern Warfare 2019 with my friends who still play on Xbox. Normally i don't use the Xbox companion app for 2 reasons. There isn't anyone i can talk to and play...
  9. The audio controller on game bar only shows the master volume and not the game or any other...

in XboX Insiders
    The audio controller on game bar only shows the master volume and not the game or any other...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MoralesProject [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox Game Bar audio controls don't affect game volume?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar audio controls don't affect game volume?: The audio controls in the Xbox Game Bar affect everything *but* the game I'm playing. I've tried multiple games (Destiny 2, Hitman 2) and it's consistent. Moving the slider does not change the...