Control volume and OneGuide on Live TV using Kinect

Discus and support Control volume and OneGuide on Live TV using Kinect in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have 3 sugestions: 1) First, we should be able to turn Kinect hand cursor on/off for each app separately (just keep the Go Home gesture on). 2) I'd... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RafaelSMay, Mar 20, 2014.

1. RafaelSMay
    RafaelSMay Guest

I have 3 sugestions:

1) First, we should be able to turn Kinect hand cursor on/off for each app separately (just keep the Go Home gesture on).

2) I'd like to use Kinect to control volume on my tv by putting the hand cursor on the top of the screen and grabing, draging sideways.

3) Also, would be great to be able to open OneGuide by pressing (or press and hold) the hand cursor on the screen.

:)

RafaelSMay, Mar 20, 2014
  2. pd730
    pd730 Guest
    Xbox One with Denon Receiver?

Uh, it won't do that. "It can control the following devices and functions:

Television: on/off, volume up/down and mute

Cable or satellite receiver: on/off, channel selection (in supported regions)

Audio-video (AV) receiver: on/off, volume up/down and mute"

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-oneguide

pd730, Mar 20, 2014
  3. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    OneGuide and Sinotec TV

Hi D1rtyDan1979,

TV controls are beamed via the Kinect. Follow
    this guide
    for troubleshooting and setup for the Kinect IR controls.

Hordie, Mar 20, 2014
  4. Hordie Win User

OneGuide and Sinotec TV

Hi D1rtyDan1979,

TV controls are beamed via the Kinect. Follow
    this guide
    for troubleshooting and setup for the Kinect IR controls.
  5. pd730 Win User

Xbox One with Denon Receiver?

Uh, it won't do that. "It can control the following devices and functions:

Television: on/off, volume up/down and mute

Cable or satellite receiver: on/off, channel selection (in supported regions)

Audio-video (AV) receiver: on/off, volume up/down and mute"

6. Shadowramx Win User

Xbox One and Comcast X1 box

7. J.R.G. Win User
  8. JodyCloutier Win User

Setting up Samsung Tivo device control

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this is a known issue that these types of advanced set-top-box (STB) controls are not supported yet so you need to continue to use the STB remote? I'm in Canada and using a Media Center PC and the only thing that works
    as well is channel up / down, volume, and yelling at the tv to change channels. See here.

Thema:

1. Control volume and OneGuide on Live TV using Kinect - Similar Threads - Control volume OneGuide

2. Trouble With Alexa & X1X’s Volume Controls

in XboX Insiders
    Trouble With Alexa & X1X’s Volume Controls: Hello Insiders! Anyone else having an issue with Alexa and your respective Preview OS version relating to sound adjustments? On a console running the current (9/23) Preview Alpha, when I say...
  3. Pandora No Volume Control New Features Stink!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pandora No Volume Control New Features Stink!!!!: Pandora Pandora has Changed it's side app. Controls they Don't work 4 non-Headset users the actual volume slide bar is unfunctional for my gaming style I don't use or wear a Headset for gaming!...
  4. Xbox One S audio output volume control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S audio output volume control: Hello, can I control the audio output volume of the Xbox One S with the Media Remote? I don't want to control my TV's volume through OneGuide, but the Xbox's audio output itself (an old amplifier...
  5. Chat Mixer volume control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat Mixer volume control: Chat Mixer does not work as expected very loud chat even though it is 100% for the game. Is there any way to solve ?! my xbox is the Bigmac with chips 65288fb7-ff49-4345-9a93-3781d45cc9c3
  6. XBox One Controller Volume Greyed Out

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Controller Volume Greyed Out: My son’s headset for his xbox one suddenly stopped working and we thought it was simply a broken headset. So i bought him a brand new Xbox One headset but it doesn’t work. Tried to adjust the...
  7. Party volume controls

in XboX Insiders
    Party volume controls: So I've been running into this alot lately where some party members are beyond quite or overly loud in xbox live parties, sometimes at the same time. This makes reducing volume a tough choice...
  8. Gaming headset, xbox controller, pc, mic volume low

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming headset, xbox controller, pc, mic volume low: Not sure if this has been asked I had a hard time searching for it, but I have a "gaming headset(not xbox) connected to an xbox controller, that is plugged into a PC, yes I game entirely with a...
  9. volume controls and on/off tv controls through xbox no longer available

in XBoX Accessibility
    volume controls and on/off tv controls through xbox no longer available: i got a bigger tv in my room, so moved my smaller one into my sons room. my smaller tv worked fine with the xbox in my room. it turned on and off with the xbox, my volume controls and such worked...
  10. Volume option greyed out on settings for controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume option greyed out on settings for controller: My the mic icon has had a line through it. On settings Kinect and devices for the controller the volume button is greyed out. I have different headphones and no luck. Any advice please?...