Control XBox One from another room

Discus and support Control XBox One from another room in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I have my XBox One unit sitting in a server rack in the garage - and the TV is in the living room. The controller signal does not reach the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JohnRogers_502, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Control XBox One from another room

Hi there,

I have my XBox One unit sitting in a server rack in the garage - and the TV is in the living room.

The controller signal does not reach the XBox from that far away.

Video signals are being sent over CAT6 via an HDMI matrix - and come through just fine.

What is the easiest/most reliable way of being able to use the controller?

Is there some sort of hardware which will be able to accept the wireless signal and send it over the

additional ethernet cable I have available?

Is there some way of either boosting the signal strength so that it reaches the rack - or taking

advantage of the existing Cat6 cables I have available to achieve a good outcome?

Much thanks,

Chris

:)

JohnRogers_502, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Ackis Win User

What are you looking to control it for?

Your best option would be to use your phone, or another PC as a controller, but it depends on your use case - if you want to play games, that won't really work.
  3. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Hi there,

I have my XBox One unit sitting in a server rack in the garage - and the TV is in the living room.

The controller signal does not reach the XBox from that far away.

Video signals are being sent over CAT6 via an HDMI matrix - and come through just fine.

What is the easiest/most reliable way of being able to use the controller?

Is there some sort of hardware which will be able to accept the wireless signal and send it over the

additional ethernet cable I have available?

Is there some way of either boosting the signal strength so that it reaches the rack - or taking

advantage of the existing Cat6 cables I have available to achieve a good outcome?

Much thanks,

Chris
    Could run a long sheilded usb
  4. Wishcatcher Win User

X-box Controller disconnecting, disconnecting from internet, and signed out of acounta

5. Quilnux Win User

What's with the dim xbox logo light??

In a dark room, the light is blinding without the ALS. Glad Kinect is handling this for me! (I believe the controllers like gets told my Xbox how bright to be. When moving from room to room in my house the controllers light didn't go bright until after I
    walked out of range of the Xbox One.
  6. MacSmooth Win User

Xbox elite controller

Thank you for your reply

i was hoping that this wasn’t the case and it was just simply a driver issue on the windows 10 but it’s not

Taking the cable from one room to the next room and having it across the room where the console is, isnt going to be a option for me but thanks i will simply resync each time i move the controller as it will be less hassle in the end

its a shame these controllers are not a little cheaper in price as i would just buy another controller for the pc

thank you again for your reply
Thema:

1. Control XBox One from another room - Similar Threads - Control another room

2. I've owned about 7 xbox one controllers and they've all broke in one way or another for no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've owned about 7 xbox one controllers and they've all broke in one way or another for no...: I called xbox a long time ago when my second or third one stopped working and they told me theres nothing they can do and tried to get me to pay full price for a new one over the phone. Now more...
  3. Profile logging me out. (Signing in using another controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile logging me out. (Signing in using another controller): So i’ve been having this issue for awhile now. I’ll be playing as normal and just at a random time it’ll come up with “Bye M.R, singed in using another controller.) tried changing my password, i...
  4. Can the controller assigned to my account be used to play on another account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the controller assigned to my account be used to play on another account?: I assigned my account to my elite controller for auto log in. Can anyone else use it now, or is it bound to my account only? 6c8248f7-c160-4756-8af0-23a8a308467f
  5. One Xbox One S Controller syncs on wireless adaptor but another doesn't

in XBoX on Windows
    One Xbox One S Controller syncs on wireless adaptor but another doesn't: Hello, So I recently bought another controller for my PC so my friends and I can have two player games. My Xbox One controller that came with my Wireless adaptor works flawlessly. However,...
  6. XBox Controllers Conflicting with one another...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Controllers Conflicting with one another...: Greetings, I have newer Xbox One Controllers and the Afterglow Xbox One Headset and use them on my PC. I've found that they keep conflicting with one another and the headset is causing the...
  7. Sign in with another controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign in with another controller: I do not have access to an internet connection for a while and when i sign into my accout in kick me off not even 30 secons later and says “bye ***** please sign in with a controller”, i have...
  8. Another pissed Elite controller owner.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Another pissed Elite controller owner.: Yesterday my Elite controller started acting weird. Left bumper doesn't work. Left thumbstick won't click (no running) and it vibrates constantly for no reason. Mind you I've never dropped it,...
  9. Xbox One controller from another room?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller from another room?: I currently have my Xbox one in my living room, I have used an HDMI extender so I can see the XBox one screen upstairs in my bedroom, the controller is JUST out of range when I am in bed. Are...
  10. using xbox one control in another room

in XBoX on Consoles
    using xbox one control in another room: hi wondering if anyone can help. so the xbox one control isnt as good as my 360 control used to be. i could play in any room in the house including the loft and it would be fine but with xbox one...