Controller acting weird

Discus and support Controller acting weird in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Recently my xbox controller has been heating by the d pad area, and it keeps vibrating for no reason. It also at first kept turning off after every 3... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CosmicTHEGOAT, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Controller acting weird

Recently my xbox controller has been heating by the d pad area, and it keeps vibrating for no reason. It also at first kept turning off after every 3 secs. But i changed batterys and it worked. But it still heats up and vibrates. This controller isn't
    even old. I can't find a solution no where. Does anyone have a solution.

:)

CosmicTHEGOAT, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Gledog
    Gledog Guest
    controller acting weird

I can connect my controller but it will randomly shut off and turn right back on, pause or spin like the thumbstick is stuck. In general it acts weird. I have tried different batteries and the pay andcharge kiti bought. It's the day one controller that
    came with the system. Is there anything I can do or should I try to return it for another one. I just don't want to have to return the whole system for a defective controller that came with it.

Gledog, Nov 15, 2018
  3. TAZMAN 1CA
    TAZMAN 1CA Guest
    controller acting weird

Try updating ur controler it worked for me

TAZMAN 1CA, Nov 15, 2018
  4. XBF Erick C
    XBF Erick C Guest

Controller acting weird

Hey there Cosmic,

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem with the controller. How long exactly have you had it? If it is under 90 days old then of course this controller should be in warranty and you can always set up a replacement order through the

Device Support
    page.

Of course the controller should not be doing this, But if new batteries aren't working and the controller is still running into problems I would recommend looking for a replacement, Or of course
    Contacting Xbox Customer Support to see if there is anything to be done with this.

I hope this helps!

XBF Erick C, Nov 15, 2018
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Controller acting weird

Hey there Cosmic,

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem with the controller. How long exactly have you had it? If it is under 90 days old then of course this controller should be in warranty and you can always set up a replacement order through the

Device Support
    page.

Of course the controller should not be doing this, But if new batteries aren't working and the controller is still running into problems I would recommend looking for a replacement, Or of course
    Contacting Xbox Customer Support to see if there is anything to be done with this.

I hope this helps!
  6. TheDude 78 Win User

controller acting weird

I am having the same problem
  7. TAZMAN 1CA Win User

controller acting weird

Try updating ur controler it worked for me
  8. Gledog Win User

controller acting weird

I haven't tried USB I'm took far for the cord to make it but I'll try that. The second controller I bought works no problem that's why I think it is the controller.
  9. BrianBurwell Win User

controller acting weird

I am also having the same problem, and I know its not the controller because it is doing with all 4 of my controllers, the left stick acts like there is latency, has to be a problem with the wireless signal at the console, and its sad with all these posts
    and no response from Microsoft....and they wonder why most of us wont buy the xbox one, how about you get one console working right.......
Thema:

Controller acting weird

1. Controller acting weird - Similar Threads - Controller acting weird

2. Xbox is acting like I'm pressing buttons even when none of my controllers are on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is acting like I'm pressing buttons even when none of my controllers are on: This just started happening after the recent update to the system. In games or apps it thinks I'm pressing a button even when my controllers are disconnected. In the home menu the A button stops...
  3. Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC: Hey everyone, This issue started recently but I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it. My Xbox One controller (bought earlier this year) had been working fine while connected via USB or...
  4. my xbox 360 controller acting real funky

in XBoX on Windows
    my xbox 360 controller acting real funky: My wired Xbox 360 controller is doing some odd things when i try to connect it to my laptop. It sometimes works fine, but other times it doesn't connect as the primary controller and doesn't...
  5. Wired Controller right joystick acting up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Controller right joystick acting up.: So, recently within the past few weeks, I've noticed that my controller has been acting like I've been holding down the Left Trigger when I haven't touched it. I found out that when I move my...
  6. Game Streaming with XBone controller triggers act up.

in XboX Insiders
    Game Streaming with XBone controller triggers act up.: I use xCloud/Game Streaming on android. I hopped on forza and I'll hold the triggers at partial and the input just jumps around. I'll be holding it at ~50% and itll jump all the way to the top and...
  7. Xbox controller is acting weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller is acting weird: hello all I am running into some trouble with my xbox controller and I have tried all the troubleshooting methods and I even went out and bought a brand new controller but am still experiencing...
  8. My controller is acting weird...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller is acting weird...: So I tried playing a game on my Xbox one and suddenly, my left stick is drifting upwards. I even took out the grey pieces from the left stick and it still is drifting up. I'm not even touching the...
  9. My Xbox One controller is acting super weird...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller is acting super weird...: My Xbox One controller's left analog stick isn't registered when it pushes up, unless I push it as hard as I can. How can I fix this? 702907fa-fa79-47dc-93c7-be84b3c4385d
  10. My controller acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller acting weird.: Whenever I click the A button, it acts like the xbox home button, and the xbox home button does what it is supposed to. I click A on something, it does what It is supposed to, but then it takes me...