Controller acting weird

Discus and support Controller acting weird in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My controller taking double inputs i press the direction key once and it inputs twich also my right analog stick random has the up input... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by killjoy D22, Jan 22, 2022.

1. killjoy D22
    killjoy D22 Guest

Controller acting weird

My controller taking double inputs i press the direction key once and it inputs twich also my right analog stick random has the up input

:)

killjoy D22, Jan 22, 2022
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Controller acting weird

Hey there Cosmic,

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem with the controller. How long exactly have you had it? If it is under 90 days old then of course this controller should be in warranty and you can always set up a replacement order through the

Device Support
    page.

Of course the controller should not be doing this, But if new batteries aren't working and the controller is still running into problems I would recommend looking for a replacement, Or of course
    Contacting Xbox Customer Support to see if there is anything to be done with this.

I hope this helps!
  3. Francia J. Win User

Controller acting weird

Alright. Let's try to perform troubleshooting steps on your console as well just to ensure that it's not the issue.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. killjoy D22 Win User

Controller acting weird

no i dont have another controller
  5. Francia J. Win User

Controller acting weird

Hi Killjoy, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly update your controller by following the step on this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Francia J. Win User

Controller acting weird

Are you on Xbox or PC, Killjoy?

Also, if you have a different controller that you can try on your device just to check if the same issue will occur that would be great.
Thema:

Controller acting weird

1. Controller acting weird - Similar Threads - Controller acting weird

2. Series S Controller acting weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S Controller acting weird: So, my series S controller was working fine this morning, i put it on to charge and now it isnt working. its turned on but doesn't seem to be connected to my xbox. ive done a soft reset, ive tried...
  3. Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update: I don't have an Xbox but I use a Series X controller on Windows, and ever since I updated it the L2 and R2 triggers haven't been working right in games but when I test them out in Xbox Accessories...
  4. Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update: After the latest skip ahead update my controller will remain powered on but it will lose all functionality as if its powered off. It does have a simple remove battery and put it back in fix but I...
  5. Controller Acts Weird on App / Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller Acts Weird on App / Games: I attempted at playing Maneater and Minecraft Windows 10 using my Xbox One controller, if I press RB + A it will minimize my screen and also enlarge it. Press "A" on Minecraft brings up the...
  6. My xbox controller is acting weird and not connecting to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller is acting weird and not connecting to the console: Hi, I have recently been having a strange problem with the connectivity of my xbox controller to my console. The problem happens every few days and its starting to get annoying due to the...
  7. USB connector controller acts weird with mobile gaming through the Xbox app

in XBoX on Mobile
    USB connector controller acts weird with mobile gaming through the Xbox app: controller acting weird I can connect my controller but it will randomly shut off and turn right back on, pause or spin like the thumbstick is stuck. In general it acts weird. Like I can move...
  8. Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC: Hey everyone, This issue started recently but I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it. My Xbox One controller (bought earlier this year) had been working fine while connected via USB or...
  9. Controller acting weird

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller acting weird: Recently my xbox controller has been heating by the d pad area, and it keeps vibrating for no reason. It also at first kept turning off after every 3 secs. But i changed batterys and it worked....
  10. Xbox controller is acting weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller is acting weird: hello all I am running into some trouble with my xbox controller and I have tried all the troubleshooting methods and I even went out and bought a brand new controller but am still experiencing...