Controller and WiFi connectivity Issue.

Discus and support Controller and WiFi connectivity Issue. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I bought my Series S about a month ago and right from the first week I've been experiencing controller and network connectivity issue. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Quiet Builder, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Controller and WiFi connectivity Issue.

Hi all,

I bought my Series S about a month ago and right from the first week I've been experiencing controller and network connectivity issue. The controller will disconnect from the console and along with that the WiFi connection would also be lost. Nothing fixes it expect rebooting the console and even that doesn't work all the time.

I know the recent update was supposed to have fixed the issue but I'm still experiencing it. I know a lot of others are experiencing similar issue with the controller but haven't come across any post about both the controller and WiFi disconnecting at the same time.

Is MS working on fixing this? And is there any work around that will help address the issue at least temporarily?

:)

Quiet Builder, Apr 14, 2021
  2. RegieS Win User

3. HotJuggler84320 Win User

Netgear Netgear WNR1000: How do I check if the router is filtering out MAC address

how did you do it because I’m having some issues it isn’t connecting my controller to my WiFi
  4. Machine911 Win User

New Xbox One still having problems with wifi?

Never had the controllers disconnect but my day one console has had wifi issues since day one. The wifi typically does not connect when the console boots but it will connect automatically after about 5 minutes or so. Or I just pick my other wifi 5ghz v's
    2.4ghz and it usually connects right up. Annoying yes. My wifi router is in LOS, and I made sure that the power levels were good and the channels were clear. Sorry to say I don't have a clear answer for the wifi issue.
  5. Goatsnatcher Win User

Two Weeks, Two Controllers, Kaput

Also, just a suggestion. The controllers use a former of WiFi to connect to the console. I know normal WiFi can be affected by other equipment between the lines of the WiFi, electrical equipment could cause interference and also baby monitors are especially
    bad. Not 100% this could cause issues but it's worth making sure nothing is in the line of controller to console.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

My controller keeps disconnecting mid game

Is this an Xbox One controller, or an Xbox 360 controller? If it's an Xbox One controller, are you connecting wirelessly to the PC via Bluetooth, or with the Xbox Wireless Adapter?
    Xbox one controller with an xbox wireless adapter

If you plug the controller in via wire, does the controller still have issues?

Are you in an area with lots of wifi signals (for example, an apartment block)? If that's the case, it could be harder to find a solution, but it's possible that you might be having wifi interference issues. The controller connects to the wireless adaptor
    using wifi signals and not Bluetooth, so it's sometimes susceptible to wifi interference. I had this issue with my Xbox One, I solved it by going into my wireless router's settings and changing the channel at which it broadcasts. I had to try a bunch of different
    channels until I found one which seemed to significantly reduce the disconnections.

Hopefully that might work for you too.
Thema:

1. Controller and WiFi connectivity Issue. - Similar Threads - Controller WiFi connectivity

2. Apple Bluetooth and WiFi problems with controller

in XboX Insiders
    Apple Bluetooth and WiFi problems with controller: I was invited into the XCloud Beta a couple days ago. I got it installed but so far it’s unplayable. My problem seems to be with Bluetooth and WiFi. When I pair my Xbox wireless controller with my...
  3. : Xbox 1s keeps saying “sign in with controller”? Won’t connect to WiFi.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox 1s keeps saying “sign in with controller”? Won’t connect to WiFi.: : Xbox 1s keeps saying “sign in with controller”? Won’t connect to WiFi. I went to sign in & instead of going to my account I selected “add new” & re-added my account. I just signed but thank you....
  4. When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working

in XBoX on Mobile
    When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working: My device's model number is PSP7501DUO I'm running Android 6.0. So basically when for example I want to use my Xbox One S controller for navigating the Google play store I can't because it shows...
  5. Xbox Connections Issues with Controller and Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Connections Issues with Controller and Wifi: Hello Forum, I need some help. My Xbox One has developed an issue where it disconnects and reconnects to my network at random and often aggravating intervals. This issue has now extended to my...
  6. Controller not connecting via wifi anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not connecting via wifi anymore: Hello I have a Xbox One controller and the wifi receiver. It used to work perfectly, but recently I connected with a cable, and since then the controller never linked with the receiver anymore....
  7. Xbox one loses wifi and wireless controller connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one loses wifi and wireless controller connection: I have a big problem with my xbox one. Everything was okay during first month but I have a problem with losing wifi and controller connection. Problem is randomly. Console just firstly lose...
  8. Constantly loosing WiFi and Controller Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constantly loosing WiFi and Controller Connection: Having the same issue. I tried updating the controller firmware and it's only gotten worse. dfe80764-726a-41d7-b67e-44b510466642
  9. Constantly loosing WiFi and Controller Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constantly loosing WiFi and Controller Connection: Hello Everyone. I am having issues with any kind of Wireless connection with my Xbox One and i need Help. I own the Xbox One "Day One" Edition and since a System Update in September '14 i am...
  10. I lost my instructions on binding controllers and connecting xbox one to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    I lost my instructions on binding controllers and connecting xbox one to wifi: What do I do? How do I exactly bind the controllers I have? I still have their boxes with registration codes, where do I go register my xbox one? e2b085b5-798a-4a17-bcc7-d2113b18a196