Controller Automatically Turns off

Discus and support Controller Automatically Turns off in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When I’m watching media apps like prime video and tubi tv for example, my controller will turn itself off after 15 mins or so. I have my headset... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BkLiveWire, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Controller Automatically Turns off

When I’m watching media apps like prime video and tubi tv for example, my controller will turn itself off after 15 mins or so. I have my headset connected and yet it’ll still turn off. This all started around a month ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/BkLiveWire
    [link] [comments]

/u/BkLiveWire, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Aid7145 Win User

XBOX controller automatically turns off

Yes. DEFINITELY not normal behaviour. Amazon Prime 'breaks' the controller. Please get this fixed MS/Amazon. Using a long cable and plugging the controller into the console to prevent it sleeping after 15 minutes is also DEFINATELY not acceptable.
  3. l Bowtie l Win User

People keep responding that this is a normal function and that is incorrect. Under normal circumstances the controller will shut off to save battery life. The problem people are experiencing is with a headset plugged in.

Up until recently this has not been an issue and the headset seemed to keep the controller on. Seemingly after a recent update this has changed but apparently only in the Prime app.

This is extremely annoying and has been enough to cause me to not even use the prime app so I dont have to deal with it.

***plugging the controller in is not an option as it defeats the purpose of using a headset from across the room
  4. IRL R3AP3R Win User

I have had this happen to me to in the middle of a game i cahnge the batterys and it happens again and again. I have sync and updated my controller but i keeps happen hopefully microsoft can fix seems to be a few bugs in the system lately
  5. DominumStige Win User

This happens because there is an energy saving. The controller automatically turns off if no activity is detected. You should connect the controller with the cables in order to keep it always active (or your batteries will discharge even earlier).
  6. cko2003 Win User

The reason why the controller turns off is to safe its battery life. You can change this by plugging in a usb at the very top of the controller.
Thema:

Controller Automatically Turns off

1. Controller Automatically Turns off - Similar Threads - Controller Automatically Turns

2. Xbox controller. Automatic disconnect .

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller. Automatic disconnect .: Can we make it a feature where your xbox controller doesn't turn off automatically? Sucks when you leave it idle and come back to a full disconnect. For example, in GTA 5 if your controller...
  3. Xbox one controller does not automatically connect to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller does not automatically connect to PC: To be specific, Its a xbox one elite series 2 controller on windows 10 version 1909. The controller says it is paired but it isnt connected, or doesnt connect when the center button is pressed....
  4. xbox one controller will not start automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller will not start automatically: My xbox one controller is connected to the PC via the USB cable. After updating the controller firmware to 4.8.1923.0, when the PC is turned on, the xbox one controller only vibrates, but the...
  5. Spegnimento automatico controller xbox one[Translation-Automatic shutdown xbox one controller]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spegnimento automatico controller xbox one[Translation-Automatic shutdown xbox one controller]: salve, si può annullare lo spegnimento automatico del controller dell xbox quando si è inattivi? [Translation-Hi Can I cancel the xbox controller's automatic shutdown when idle?]...
  6. XBOX controller automatically turns off

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX controller automatically turns off: *How do I keep the controller from turning itself off without pushing buttons every few minutes?* I bought an XBOXONE primarily as a DVD player. I enjoy Red Dead Redemption but its primary...
  7. XBOX sign in using a controller – automatically signs out and exits game

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX sign in using a controller – automatically signs out and exits game: I've been experiencing an issue where my Xbox will automatically sign me out of my account while I'm playing a game with the message "Signed in using a controller", ending in any game session. My...
  8. Is there still no way to prevent xbox one controller from automatically shutting off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there still no way to prevent xbox one controller from automatically shutting off?: If not is it possible to implement a way. Im playing on mouse & keyboard and i have a hard drive plugged in too so there is not enough usb ports. So i got my controller plugged into the wall and...
  9. Controller not respond and automaticly scroll back issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not respond and automaticly scroll back issue: Hello. On my xbox one x it have happened 3 times now that i can play just fine, but when i push xbox buttom on the controller to close the game or access the menu, when i push LB or RB to scroll...
  10. How to turn controler on automatically with xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn controler on automatically with xbox?: Hi. I set up voice command to turn on my xbox one. Can i set up my controler to turn on automatically or i need to do it manually? 5d406955-6364-4fed-b003-8a277d94d344