Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it...

Discus and support Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have the issue where my mic isn't picking anything up although the audio works just fine. This only started happening a few months ago. I'd... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by antonisawesome97, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it...

So I have the issue where my mic isn't picking anything up although the audio works just fine. This only started happening a few months ago. I'd literally tried everything except for this one suggestion where you plug in your controller into your console
    and then do an update. Problem is, every time I plug any of my controllers using any of my USB cables, the battery level becomes critical somehow and it doesn't let me update. I'm hoping it's not my console, is there anything I can do to fix this? I just want
    my mic working again.

:)

antonisawesome97, Oct 22, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it with the console?

Hi antonisawesome97,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to try and help.

First, you need to
    power cycle
    the Xbox. Hold down the power button on the console until it shuts down and then remove the power cord from the console and the power outlet. Leave the console unplugged for 5 minutes and then try again.

If the issue continues try out a
    soft factory reset
    , where you reset and keep games and apps installed. Accounts on the console will be removed and you will need to re-connect to your network during the setup. Make sure you have your account's login information so you can sign
    back in during the set-up.

Try both of those steps and let us know the results!
  3. antonisawesome97 Win User

Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it with the console?

Shouldn't it not matter since I'm plugging it in to the console and not an outlet? Again - my controllers' batteries charge fine. That's not the issue here. How do you explain the battery level magically becoming critical when connecting it with the console?
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I wanted to make you aware that some types of batteries used in controllers can't be recharged with the play/charge kit and that may have been the source of your issue.
  5. antonisawesome97 Win User

I don't think you understand what the problem is. Batteries aren't the issue. My controller works fine with my batteries. The issue is, as soon as I plug a USB cable and connect it with the console, the battery level suddenly changes to critical. That's
    why I'm not able to update my controller WITH the controller plugged into the console. I have no battery issues whatsoever in normal gameplay.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Assuming you have a good battery and using a play /charge uSB cable, turn off your console and connect the uSB cable to the controller and to the correct port of the console.

Turn on the console with the controller.

After you sign in, It may report an controller update is required. If not run it manually.

Let us know how you go.
Thema:

Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it...

1. Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it... - Similar Threads - Controller battery level

2. Xbox controller eats batteries and randomly disconnects. Any options?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller eats batteries and randomly disconnects. Any options?: I got a new Xbox one controller a few months ago, and had a lot of trouble getting it connected. At first, I thought it was just me as I'm not super familiar with the console. I can only play...
  3. Portable battery with suction that sticks to anything. I put it on my controller clip in...

in XboX Insiders
    Portable battery with suction that sticks to anything. I put it on my controller clip in...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MARBLEGARBAGE [link] [comments]
  4. Battery level indicator not accurate when two controllers are on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Battery level indicator not accurate when two controllers are on.: Hello, Everything I have read states that I should be able to press the Xbox button on a controller and look to the lower right to see the battery level for that specific controller. When I do...
  5. Does the battery level affect the controller's input lag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the battery level affect the controller's input lag?: I have an Xbox one X and it's been a while since I'm noticing that when the controller's battery drops in half (Xbox One Play charge kit) , there's an annoying input lag in games. The situation...
  6. show battery level of wireless xbox one controller on game bar overlay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    show battery level of wireless xbox one controller on game bar overlay: hello, i have an xbox one S controller and wireless adapter for windows, is there a way to show battery level on game bar overlay on windows 10 ? controler shut down many times wile playing on...
  7. Does the battery level affect the controller's input lag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the battery level affect the controller's input lag?: I have an Xbox one X and it's been a while since I'm noticing that when the controller's battery drops in half (Xbox One Play charge kit) , there's an annoying input lag in games. The situation...
  8. Controller battery level and warning not working and damaging batteries.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller battery level and warning not working and damaging batteries.: Since the last preview update I no longer get a warning or prevented from using my controller when my batteries are dead. I had this issue with a far back previous update but this time it flat out...
  9. Xbox One Controller Charge & Play Kit Battery Level?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Charge & Play Kit Battery Level?: How can I view the charge level for the Xbone controller on Windows 10? I really need to know as I am sick & tired or the controller conking out in the middle of games all the time without any...
  10. Controller Battery Level Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Battery Level Issue: I hadn't used my Xbox One controller for some time, so I charged the battery using a play & charge kit. Now when I start playing, the battery level indicator shows almost full but then after an...