Controller Battery Level Issue

Discus and support Controller Battery Level Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I hadn't used my Xbox One controller for some time, so I charged the battery using a play & charge kit. Now when I start playing, the battery level... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Meatcleaver81, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Controller Battery Level Issue

I hadn't used my Xbox One controller for some time, so I charged the battery using a play & charge kit. Now when I start playing, the battery level indicator shows almost full but then after an hour or so I get a warning that the battery level is low -
    taking out the battery and putting back in then brings the power level back up. The battery is fairly new and the controller has the latest update - any ideas why this is happening?

:)

Meatcleaver81, Feb 28, 2015
  2. Battery level sometimes says low even when it has a full charge

Sometimes my Play and Charge battery pack alerts me that the battery level is low and almost dead. However, the battery is fully charged. It seems to happen when I turn my controller on and off frequently. Anyone else having this issue?

RC-B0D4CAAD-5BD1-47F3-960B-A5BB0CD462DB, Feb 28, 2015
  3. TREKSTERJSC
    TREKSTERJSC Guest
    Controller Battery Level Indicator

This is silly. On the 360 you simply hit the guide button. Now you have to wait until the controller becomes erratic before you know the batteries are low?

Is MS working on a fix for this?

TREKSTERJSC, Feb 28, 2015
  4. YT HydraVibes XB zH Win User

Controller not working

Controller issues can be a result of multiple problems. 1: Battery issues, low battery level or loose battery. 2: In game control settings. 3: At worse it could be controller damage, which you will need to get fixed or buy a new one.
  5. antonisawesome97 Win User

Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it with the console?

I don't think you understand what the problem is. Batteries aren't the issue. My controller works fine with my batteries. The issue is, as soon as I plug a USB cable and connect it with the console, the battery level suddenly changes to critical. That's
    why I'm not able to update my controller WITH the controller plugged into the console. I have no battery issues whatsoever in normal gameplay.
  6. XBF George L Win User

Battery level indicator not accurate when two controllers are on.

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this inquiry. I understand you're having an issue with the battery level indicator for two separate Xbox One Wireless controllers. So I tested it out here on our end with two controllers one I knew had
    low battery level and one with brand new batteries. What we were able to figure out was that the controller that's battery indicator level is being displayed is in fact the controller that is assigned as Player 1. When you switch from the low battery controller
    to being the active Player 1 profile signed in it will then show the dying controllers indicator. It is a good point and I would recommend submitting the feedback through
    Xbox Ideas. Find an appropriate Idea Drive that is "Accepting Ideas" and submit your suggestion on resolving the issue there. Hope this helps!
  7. DexLuther Win User

Xbox One Controller Via Bluetooth = Severe FPS Drops on Windows 10

I have had the exact same thing happen. I use a battery pack in my Xbox One Controller on Windows 10 and it works completely fine. The FPS drops to unimaginable levels as just before the battery is going to die. As long as the battery has juice or the
    controller is plugged in everything is fine. Maybe your issue is related to that.
  8. antonisawesome97 Win User

Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it with the console?

Shouldn't it not matter since I'm plugging it in to the console and not an outlet? Again - my controllers' batteries charge fine. That's not the issue here. How do you explain the battery level magically becoming critical when connecting it with the console?
Thema:

Controller Battery Level Issue

1. Controller Battery Level Issue - Similar Threads - Controller Battery Level

2. Controller works when no batteries in but when connected wirelessly gives up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller works when no batteries in but when connected wirelessly gives up?: Hey up until a few days ago my xbox one was working perfectly, but now when I connect either of my controls to the console via wireless the controller stays connected with the led on but the...
  3. I don't know how to charge my battery pack for my xbox 360 wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know how to charge my battery pack for my xbox 360 wireless controller: My controller is wireless and has a rechargeable battery pack but I don't know how to charge it. My console is almost 10 years old so I possibly could have lost the charge cord. I have the main...
  4. Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it...: So I have the issue where my mic isn't picking anything up although the audio works just fine. This only started happening a few months ago. I'd literally tried everything except for this one...
  5. Battery level indicator not accurate when two controllers are on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Battery level indicator not accurate when two controllers are on.: Hello, Everything I have read states that I should be able to press the Xbox button on a controller and look to the lower right to see the battery level for that specific controller. When I do...
  6. Does the battery level affect the controller's input lag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the battery level affect the controller's input lag?: I have an Xbox one X and it's been a while since I'm noticing that when the controller's battery drops in half (Xbox One Play charge kit) , there's an annoying input lag in games. The situation...
  7. show battery level of wireless xbox one controller on game bar overlay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    show battery level of wireless xbox one controller on game bar overlay: hello, i have an xbox one S controller and wireless adapter for windows, is there a way to show battery level on game bar overlay on windows 10 ? controler shut down many times wile playing on...
  8. Does the battery level affect the controller's input lag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the battery level affect the controller's input lag?: I have an Xbox one X and it's been a while since I'm noticing that when the controller's battery drops in half (Xbox One Play charge kit) , there's an annoying input lag in games. The situation...
  9. Controller battery level and warning not working and damaging batteries.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller battery level and warning not working and damaging batteries.: Since the last preview update I no longer get a warning or prevented from using my controller when my batteries are dead. I had this issue with a far back previous update but this time it flat out...
  10. Xbox One Controller Charge & Play Kit Battery Level?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Charge & Play Kit Battery Level?: How can I view the charge level for the Xbone controller on Windows 10? I really need to know as I am sick & tired or the controller conking out in the middle of games all the time without any...