Controller being weird.

Discus and support Controller being weird. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox is around 5-6 years old. I play wireless and use the rechargeable battery pack. I log on this morning like usual and get my controller. I press... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SeattleBones, Jul 22, 2021.

1. SeattleBones
    SeattleBones Guest

Controller being weird.

My Xbox is around 5-6 years old. I play wireless and use the rechargeable battery pack. I log on this morning like usual and get my controller. I press and hold down the power button like normal, it turns on, then turns back off. I tried my other two controllers and it does the same thing. After awhile, (around 3 minutes of holding down the power button) it turns on, same thing with the other controllers. I don’t have a USB cable either to plug it into the Xbox either. What should I do?

:)

SeattleBones, Jul 22, 2021
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Controller being weird

Hi B2B Boston,

Thanks for your response. As long as your controller is within the 90-day warranty from purchase you will be able to receive service for free. If you request a callback on the
    Contact Us portal, an agent will be able to determine your controller's warranty status.

I hope this answers your question.
  3. Simple OJ Win User

Controller being weird

Sounds like you need to get your controller replaced, hopefully you have a warranty with It so you can get a new free one with no cost.
  4. B2B Boston Win User

Controller being weird

So could I send it in and get it replaced or repaired for free?
  5. NasifK Win User

Controller being weird

I found that if in-game it forces me to move in one side, for you to tap the same direction on the controller once and the problem goes away.
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Controller being weird.

Hi there Bones! Christopher here, an Xbox fan and been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. We can try the following!

1. Turn off your Xbox One using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox One has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox One.

3. Wait a minute, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox One console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One (as opposed to an Xbox One S or One X), watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on. If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.
Thema:

Controller being weird.

1. Controller being weird. - Similar Threads - Controller being weird

2. Is there any way without being on an insider build to get controller firmware "5.9.2709.0"...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there any way without being on an insider build to get controller firmware "5.9.2709.0"...: If there is, how (I have access to a PC if it matters), if there isn't- what's the most stable build I can install to get it? submitted by /u/rikirra [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox One Controller buttons don't response after being inactive for about 10 mins

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller buttons don't response after being inactive for about 10 mins: Hey I use a Xbox One Controller (the one with bluetooth).... I use it on my pc running windows 10 with a 3rd party bluetooth dongle.... so the problem is whenever I go afk or don't press any...
  4. Xbox series x shuts down by itself after turning on the controller from the Xbox being idle

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x shuts down by itself after turning on the controller from the Xbox being idle: I use twitch to fall asleep and when the streamer ends stream and when there's no sound, my Xbox goes idle and when I wake up to turn on the controller the Xbox shuts down by itself submitted by...
  5. Xbox one controller being recognised as 360 controller?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox one controller being recognised as 360 controller?: I am running a laptop with OS 19043.1052 and when I connect my xbox one controller via USB the computer recognises it as an Xbox 360 peripheral not as an xbox one controller? Help! I am trying to...
  6. Xbox design lab controllers not being shipped to Northern Ireland

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox design lab controllers not being shipped to Northern Ireland: Hello, when the new Xbox design lab opened I was excited to get a new customized controller for my new series x. I had already used design lab before to create two other custom controllers for my...
  7. Xbox turns on but shows no signal. Controller also just flashes like its being restarted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turns on but shows no signal. Controller also just flashes like its being restarted: Today I went on my xbox. Everthing was normal I was talking to my friend for about five minutes and just starring at the home screen. I got bored and decided to go on minecraft. When i first tried...
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Not Being Detected On Startup

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Not Being Detected On Startup: I just got a new Elite Series 2 controller and am finding that every time I turn my computer on, it is not being detected via wired USB connection. But if I unplug the cable then plug it straight...
  9. Controller being weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller being weird: So basically i just bought this controller a couple months ago, and recently there has been really bad controller drift, but in every button and stick. Just pressing A makes it press multiple...
  10. Xbox One Controller triggers function weird after 2 minutes of being turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller triggers function weird after 2 minutes of being turned on: I'm using controller with PC, got it some time ago from my friend so I have no opportunity to send it back to MS or to update controller with Xbox. Device functions perfect first 2 minutes, both...