Controller buttons not working on start screens for games

Discus and support Controller buttons not working on start screens for games in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Alpha-Skip Ahead I've been running into a frequent issue where I start a game and when it comes to the start screen, such as Press A to start, the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Pixel_Mechanic, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Controller buttons not working on start screens for games

Alpha-Skip Ahead

I've been running into a frequent issue where I start a game and when it comes to the start screen, such as Press A to start, the controller buttons are not working. Quiting the game and relaunching doesn't resolve the issue. The only fix is to restart the console. It seems to affect title screens where pressing A launches the OS profile sign in.

I have reported this from the console, but haven't seen a mention of the issue in the release notes.

submitted by /u/Pixel_Mechanic
    [link] [comments]

/u/Pixel_Mechanic, Apr 19, 2021
  2. HunKxLarsoN Win User

NFS Heat - Not Launching

I DID IT. Had trouble for weeks trying to sign in trying all different suggestions, THIS WORKED INSTANTLY. While at the Start game screen while cars are whizzing everywhere, hold down the connect controller button on your xbox and sync button on your controller
    (while already signed in), and soon as it reconnects hit start game. Worked instantly like nothing happened lol. Hope this works for people.
  3. HunKxLarsoN Win User

NFS Heat - Not Launching

I DID IT. Had trouble for weeks trying to sign in trying all different suggestions, THIS WORKED INSTANTLY. While at the Start game screen while cars are whizzing everywhere, hold down the connect controller button on your xbox and sync button on your controller
    (while already signed in), and soon as it reconnects hit start game. Worked instantly like nothing happened lol. Hope this works for people.
  4. BothJennyTalia Win User

Split screen

Doesn't work for me either, pressing the 'start' button on controller 2 takes me back to the main screen?
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Cant play a game

Do you have any other controllers connected to your xbox (Big Button controllers, Guitar controller etc). If you do unplug them, sometimes that can cause games and demos not to work properly on the start screen.
  6. Mr.Mc Win User

The Fable Anniversary main menu screen is broken.

That did not work for me. I tried turning off my controller on the main menu screen and re-syncing my controller on the main menu screen. It still will not register the start button. I haven't had this problem with any other game. I was able to start up
    games like Banjo and Kazooie, or Conker live and reloaded with no problem.
Thema:

Controller buttons not working on start screens for games

1. Controller buttons not working on start screens for games - Similar Threads - Controller buttons working

2. XBOX Controller (XB1 S version) menu button stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Controller (XB1 S version) menu button stopped working: This is the second controller that has the same issue, the menu button stopped working completely. Both controllers are XBOX 1 S type, bought in different moments and from different stores. On...
  3. (Win10) Xbox One Controller Thumbstick buttons (L3/R3) not working in any game

in XboX Insiders
    (Win10) Xbox One Controller Thumbstick buttons (L3/R3) not working in any game: i've tried a bunch of things but nothing seems to work. it specifically doesn't work in-game, any game, no matter if it's from steam, origin, gog etc.. outside of games, it's being registered...
  4. Xbox One Controller home button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller home button not working: I have an Xbox One controller that isn't working. It is fully charged and the batteries are connected fine. The issue is it will not turn on unless it is connected to the xbox via a USB Cable....
  5. Series x controller share button not working since update

in XboX Insiders
    Series x controller share button not working since update: Hi all Randomly my share button is not working correctly, if i tap it records a clip and if i hold it takes a clip.. I have remapped to switch them around and now it only takes screenshots and...
  6. Xbox Series X Controller Left Stick Button not working?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X Controller Left Stick Button not working?: I got my XSX about a month ago and I’ve spent most of my time playing FPS’ where the left stick is used to run and sprint by pushing the Left Stick button. I’m noticing now that while my left...
  7. My Elite Series 2 Controller has buttons that don’t work at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 Controller has buttons that don’t work at all: So i got an elite series 2 controller in april and my warranty is in effect still but when i request a replacement the page says enable cookies and doesnt load. Theres no way to contact about this...
  8. Xbox ellite 2 controller A button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox ellite 2 controller A button not working: Had 8ellite controllers in the last 7 days, four from Game and 4 from Argos. Have returned every pad as a button does not register. Not used the same store to try to get a different batch. Why is...
  9. Xbox guide button not working on Android device with Series X controller

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox guide button not working on Android device with Series X controller: I tried connecting my new controller to my Samsung Galaxy s10e, and when I entered xCloud streaming, I tried opening the home menu and it just brought my phone to the android home screen, not the...
  10. X-Box controller buttons not working

in XBoX on Mobile
    X-Box controller buttons not working: [img] When I connect to remote play, the buttons highlighted in red are not working. I have also tried updating the firmware, it's up-to date. Using Oneplus 8 pro...