Controller desyncing after moving 1ft away

Discus and support Controller desyncing after moving 1ft away in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One S and use a standard Wireless Controller. Recently (the day of this post) my controller will not stay synced with my Xbox. I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PkmnLovar, Sep 28, 2019.

1. PkmnLovar
    PkmnLovar Guest

I have an Xbox One S and use a standard Wireless Controller.

Recently (the day of this post) my controller will not stay synced with my Xbox. I was watching youtube as normal and half-way through the video, my controller started to slowly blink. I searched other forums and none of their resolutions have worked for me.

I've:

• Power cycled my Xbox
    • Checked for updates (My controller is up to date)
    • Wired my controller (It worked while connected but as soon as it is disconnected it blinks)
    • Ensured there is nothing to interfere with the connection between it and the Xbox. (My laptop was off, there are no walls, clothes and my phone was never an issue before but to be sure I left it in another room)
    • Sync my controller normally. Although it does work IF it is within a foot distance (I measured)
    Does anyone know any other possible solutions? I REALLY do not want to spend $60 (cheapest I've seen go for like $40) on a controller. Any advice is appreciated!

:)

PkmnLovar, Sep 28, 2019
  2. PkmnLovar Win User

My console is plugged in via a surge protector. I attempted plugging it into the wall but the controller will not remain connected.

Thank you so much but I'm willing to accept the controller is broken. Hopefully this post can offer solutions to others though.
  3. PkmnLovar Win User

I do not have a battery pack. I have used regular batteries and rechargeable with the same results.

Thank you.
  4. x Sarasaurus x Win User

Have you tried to use batteries instead of the battery pack to see if maybe that might help or vice versa?

So i suggest yeah, perhaps get a longer cable so you can move around more. I understand though it can be frustrating.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help to you today, i hope the longer cable helps. Or if its the battery pack maybe try individual rechargeable batteries perhaps that might help too.
  5. x Sarasaurus x Win User

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Do you know if your controller is still under warranty? I will provide a link for you to which you may check and register your device.

You will be able to lodge a repair request.

Device support
  6. PkmnLovar Win User

Thank you for the help but neither of those options worked.

I'm probably just going to buy a long USB cord for the time being.
Thema:

1. Controller desyncing after moving 1ft away - Similar Threads - Controller desyncing moving

2. Save button on xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Save button on xbox controller: My son was using my xbox playing one of the kids games on game pass. When he was finished he thought he had saved his game but it turns out he hadn't and lost his game. Would be useful to have a...
  3. Controller Audio Desync Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Audio Desync Xbox One X: There is a slight desync in the audio when I have my headphones connected to the controller. Is there any way to fix this? 7aa169e5-41d5-486d-b6f9-2fe46d41319d
  4. Project scorpio edition controller desyncs when stepping 5 feet away from the console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Project scorpio edition controller desyncs when stepping 5 feet away from the console.: project scorpio edition controller desyncs after stepping 5 feet away from the console in wireless mode. controller will not resync unless i turn the controller completely off and turn it back...
  5. Controller desynced and won't reconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller desynced and won't reconnect: Started having a little trouble this afternoon. Controller turned off by itself after a little time inactive while watching a video on the YouTube app, which isn't unusual. When I went to turn it...
  6. My Xbox controller suddenly desyncs form my Xbox and doesn't resync

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller suddenly desyncs form my Xbox and doesn't resync: this has happened twice to me I will be playing a game then suddenly the controller will cut out and then doesn't do anything. It turns on but it doesnt work. I've had the controller for 6 months...
  7. Controller randomly desyncing, randomly logged out of Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller randomly desyncing, randomly logged out of Xbox Live: Hi, this started happening a few days ago and I'm unsure how to fix it. I've gone through some of Microsoft's support/troubleshooting guide but they didn't fix the issue. The controllers desync...
  8. Xbox One S won't recognize TV as 4K. Won't load Netflix. Controller keeps desyncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S won't recognize TV as 4K. Won't load Netflix. Controller keeps desyncing: So the other day I loaded up my xbox for the first time in a while only to find that there are a bunch of problems. The first problem is that my XBOX One S no longer recognizes my TV as 4K...
  9. Controller desyncing and Xbox Live disconnecting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller desyncing and Xbox Live disconnecting.: My Xbox One has been repeatedly desyncing my controller and then ~5 seconds later my console will disconnect from Xbox Live. If I'm in a part I can still hear every one clearly through the TV...
  10. We want information on Controller Desync problem!!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    We want information on Controller Desync problem!!!!!: I have seen many posts of people with this problem, a controller that loses connection and people have tried all troubleshooting and it still has the same issue,Replacing controller does not...