Controller disconnecting and game crashing issues

Discus and support Controller disconnecting and game crashing issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Both of my controllers disconnect, one with the headset adapter plugged in and one without the headset adapter plugged in. I have a great clear view of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LordIllidan84, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Controller disconnecting and game crashing issues

Both of my controllers disconnect, one with the headset adapter plugged in and one without the headset adapter plugged in. I have a great clear view of my xbox. In reading a forum on gamespot it seems that this only happens to a view people and is pretty
    isolated. However it does happen enough to be very annoying. Would love to know how to resolve this as its super annoying when it happens during a multiplayer match.

:)

LordIllidan84, Aug 24, 2014
  2. Controller disconnecting and game crashing issues

Hey there KJay11!

Sorry to hear about the controller issues. I definitely can understand how frustrating that could be. If you haven't already, I recommend checking out a our controller
    disconnects troubleshooting
    page. If the issue continues, you can have your accessory replaced through our Online Service center or from our Contact
    Us
    page.

Mister Quimby, Aug 24, 2014
  3. KJay11
    KJay11 Guest

Could someone tell me where I need to go to get this adapter replaced?

Thanks

KJay11, Aug 24, 2014
  4. Controller disconnecting and game crashing issues

Hey there LordIllidan84!

Sorry to hear about the controller disconnects. I went ahead and moved your post so that we can provide support specifically tailored to you. Let's see what we can do to help get this issue sorted.

Please give the following steps a try:

• Try a fresh set of batteries in your controllers.
    • Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console for 5 seconds.
    • Once your console is powered off, unplug the power cord.
    • Wait 5 minutes and then plug in your console.
    • Power on your console and check to see if your controllers are still disconnecting.

Give the suggested steps a try and let us know how it goes. I also recommend checking out our Xbox One Controller Disconnects page for some helpful tips.

Mister Quimby, Aug 25, 2014
  5. KJay11 Win User

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been playing the last few days without the adapter (using the basic Xbox One headset instead) and this is what I've noticed:

-not once has the controller disconnected

-FIFA crashed 1 time (less frequently than before, but still odd that this happened), but no other games have crashed

It seems that the adapter is responsible for the controller issues. I guess the next step is to contact Xbox Hardware like you said for a replacement adapter. I don't understand why I'm having the problems with FIFA crashing, but as long it's isolated to
    that one game (which I won't be playing for much longer) and not a problem with the console, it doesn't bother me too much.

Thanks
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there LordIllidan84!

Sorry to hear about the controller disconnects. I went ahead and moved your post so that we can provide support specifically tailored to you. Let's see what we can do to help get this issue sorted.

Please give the following steps a try:

• Try a fresh set of batteries in your controllers.
    • Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console for 5 seconds.
    • Once your console is powered off, unplug the power cord.
    • Wait 5 minutes and then plug in your console.
    • Power on your console and check to see if your controllers are still disconnecting.

Give the suggested steps a try and let us know how it goes. I also recommend checking out our Xbox One Controller Disconnects page for some helpful tips.
  7. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there KJay11!

Sorry to hear about the controller issues. I definitely can understand how frustrating that could be. If you haven't already, I recommend checking out a our controller
    disconnects troubleshooting
    page. If the issue continues, you can have your accessory replaced through our Online Service center or from our Contact
    Us
    page.
  8. KJay11 Win User

Could someone tell me where I need to go to get this adapter replaced?

Thanks
  9. Krod v2 Win User

Have you tried not using the Turtle Beaches and unplugging the adapter to see if this resolves the issue. If the problem persists without the headset then you may need to contact Xbox Hardware support and get a ticket for repair or replacement. And FIFA
    may be an issue you can address with EA Forums/Chat

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Controller disconnecting and game crashing issues - Similar Threads - Controller disconnecting game

2. Since Monday Xbox update my Xbox as been kicking my disconnecting my controller in game...

in XboX Insiders
    Since Monday Xbox update my Xbox as been kicking my disconnecting my controller in game...: submitted by /u/daz7 [link] [comments]
  3. XBOX One S - Controllers keep disconnecting & kicking me out of a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S - Controllers keep disconnecting & kicking me out of a game: My XBOX One S was just set up in December. It was a great update from my older XBOX One. Though, starting a few days after I set it up, my controller started randomly disconnecting. When it...
  4. Game stops, computer beeps, and controller disconnects

in XBoX on Windows
    Game stops, computer beeps, and controller disconnects: What the title says. This happens daily and randomly. It's crashed the game before, but hasn't recently. I normally have to turn bluetooth off and on again to reconnect the controller (it's a...
  5. Kicked off xbox live while gaming and controller disconnects at the same time

in XBoX Accessibility
    Kicked off xbox live while gaming and controller disconnects at the same time: Hey all, I have been trying to fix this issue for a little while now and am in need of some help. Every time I go to try and play a game online with friends after about 10 minutes or so i will...
  6. Xbox One Controller Keeps on Randomly Disconnecting While Gaming on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Keeps on Randomly Disconnecting While Gaming on Windows 10: So my controller sometimes randomly disconnects along with all of my other USB input devices (a mouse and keyboard both connected via a Logitech wireless device) and the only way to get it to work...
  7. Elite controller Wired keeps disconnecting During Halo game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite controller Wired keeps disconnecting During Halo game.: My elite controller LITERALLY keeps disconnecting every second and a half during and after a match in the menus. I am using it wired with no batteries SO IT SHOULD NOT do this. Please help ive...
  8. Controller xbox1x lags and disconnects during game play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller xbox1x lags and disconnects during game play: Hi all, I've see many posts about xbox1x controller lag and disconnecting from console during game play... any word on a fix? This often happens to me with my brand new one X...
  9. Xbox One X randomly disconnects all controllers during middle of game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X randomly disconnects all controllers during middle of game.: I recently bought an Xbox one X and just come across this issue. After turning on the xbox ( with controller) the xbox will disconnect from all controllers and not allow them to reconnect. Posting...
  10. Game Freezes/Controller disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Freezes/Controller disconnects: Hi there. I have an Xbox one s, less than a year old. Within the past day or so, I started to have a problem where I would lose some control in my controller, then my controller would disconnect....