Controller disconnects after play n charge cable connected.

Discus and support Controller disconnects after play n charge cable connected. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a play and charge kit due to another reason(changing batts cut off my party chat) and now Im having an issue where the controller disconnect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fus10n75, Nov 6, 2014.

1. fus10n75
    fus10n75 Guest

I bought a play and charge kit due to another reason(changing batts cut off my party chat) and now Im having an issue where the controller disconnect temporarily after the cable is plugged in. Then if i move the controller even a small amount the controller
    disconnects temporarily.

:)

fus10n75, Nov 6, 2014
  2. Jerbear 8D
    Jerbear 8D Guest
    strange things are a foot

@RagMan85 Do you keep you controller connected to the console via play n' charge kit. It may stay on to charge the controller. This is what happens to me, but I disconnect the play n' charge kit before it turns off so it wont do this.

Jerbear 8D, Nov 6, 2014
  3. luizf47
    luizf47 Guest
    Xbox One controller issue

Yersterday i was playing Xbox One with my controller connected (wired), with a battery (it's not the Play and Charge). I used to play like this for months, and until now i have had no problems with this.
    After 2 or 3 hours playing, my controller turned off and it wasn't connecting, so i disconnected the cable and connected again, turning on the controller. 5-10 seconds after that i felt a burning smell coming out the controller, so i disconnected the cable again.
    i tried to sync it again with batteries ( i tried with 4 pairs of them, fully charged) but it blinks twice and turns off.
    It's very funny because the controller still works with batteries and plugged at the same time, but not wireless or just wired without the batteries, so i thought that could be a problem with the plug and the wireless(the "power" comes from the AA batteries and the connection from the cable).
    Is there anything i can do to fix my controller?
    PS.: I'm really sorry for my english, i'm from Brazil.

luizf47, Nov 6, 2014
  4. fus10n75
    fus10n75 Guest

just to let you know that this was the cable thats was casuing the issue.

fus10n75, Apr 7, 2015
  5. fus10n75 Win User

just to let you know that this was the cable thats was casuing the issue.
  6. Jerbear 8D Win User

strange things are a foot

@RagMan85 Do you keep you controller connected to the console via play n' charge kit. It may stay on to charge the controller. This is what happens to me, but I disconnect the play n' charge kit before it turns off so it wont do this.
  7. Dr Black Bones Win User

Play & Charge Kit questions

Do not put regular AA batteries with the play n charge cable. It will most likely blow the batteries this way. You can only use rechargeable batteries that came with the play n charge cable, or other ones from another controller. Do not even use rechargeable
    AA batteries with the play n charge kit as they will not charge through it.

You can use AA batteries in the battery pack that comes with controllers most of the time. But you cannot actually use the play n charge cable. Well you can, but it's dangerous. So take the AA batteries out before using the play n charge cable.

Also, you can have the play n charge player plugged in without any batteries, so if you want a wired connection, that'll work for you I believe.

I hope I answered your questions.
  8. Dr Black Bones Win User

Controller cannot connect when I plug in the HDMI cord

Is your controller plugged in? If you have a play n charge cable, try connecting it to the console to re-establish a connection. Also, did you try pushing the connect button on the controller and the console? The one you use to match your controller with
    the console.

Not sure on what else can be done.
  9. ArminatorX Win User

Rare problem with new xbox one controller

If the Sync button is not working, simply get a standard Micro USB cable, and connect your controller with the console.

Every controller you connect to a console via Micro USB gets automatically bound to that console.

Just be aware, that you need to use a Micro USB data cable. Some Smartphone charging cables with Micro USB connector only have power but no data lines connected (to save money). So a phone charging cable might not work.

With your controller connected, launch the Xbox Accessories App, and check if the controller firmware is up to date.

After you made sure the controller is up to date, and works with the USB cable, you can then disconnect the cable, and the controller should work wirelessly.
Thema:

1. Controller disconnects after play n charge cable connected. - Similar Threads - Controller disconnects play

2. XBOX ONE X BETA - Controllers always disconnect only able to play with cable

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX ONE X BETA - Controllers always disconnect only able to play with cable: Without USB connection the controllers all get disconnected (blinking x) i can only use them if connected with USB. submitted by /u/Zackmuc [link] [comments]
  3. Controller Latency/Disconnect Issues While Playing? -- Check Here!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller Latency/Disconnect Issues While Playing? -- Check Here!: If you experience controller latency issues while playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, there are a couple of troubleshooting steps you can take to try to resolve your problem. Update your...
  4. Controller xbox1x lags and disconnects during game play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller xbox1x lags and disconnects during game play: Hi all, I've see many posts about xbox1x controller lag and disconnecting from console during game play... any word on a fix? This often happens to me with my brand new one X...
  5. xbox 1 controler keeps disconnecting on me while playing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 1 controler keeps disconnecting on me while playing games: while playing mafia 3 my controler keeps disconnecting on me, i tryed every thing that it says to do online. the pnly thing in the room is my game consel and tv. de3106b8-528d-4865-9377-7aed2361207d
  6. XBox 360 Wireless PC Controller disconnects after 10 minutes of play

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 Wireless PC Controller disconnects after 10 minutes of play: XBox 360 Wireless PC Controller disconnects after 10 minutes of play. Tried the following: Different USB ports Changed batteries. Different PCs Different Operating Systems - Windows 8.1,...
  7. My controller disconnect and reconnect randomly while playing game

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller disconnect and reconnect randomly while playing game: (Sorry for my english, I'm French and I use Google Traduction) Hello, I write this post because I have an issue with my Xbox One and my controller. I bought my console last month, I took the...
  8. Xbox one wireless controller keeps disconnecting whilst im playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wireless controller keeps disconnecting whilst im playing: Same as the title says really tried all the troubleshooting tips nothings worked and my batteries are fully charged. Are microsoft actually going to do anything about this problem they know that a...
  9. Controllers disconnect during play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers disconnect during play: Hello since I updated my controllers all 4 of them I am now having connection issues with all 4. i have a day 1 controller and 3 others I have plug and play kits for all of them. at random...
  10. Controller disconnecting after official headset controller update / Official Plug & play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting after official headset controller update / Official Plug & play: CONTROLLER. Anyone else having controller disconnecting and will not re-connect without having to turn the xbox off and starting from scratch. Also often losing the sound from the head set for...