Controller doesn't work after update

Discus and support Controller doesn't work after update in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hey guys, today my Xbox did an update. Since then my controller isn't connecting to the console. I saw that other people got the problem while Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by FW1337, Apr 27, 2021.

1. FW1337
    FW1337 Guest

Hey guys,

today my Xbox did an update. Since then my controller isn't connecting to the console.

I saw that other people got the problem while Xbox was launched and tried any solve idea, but nothing helped for me.

Ideas to solve the problem are more than welcome!

Kind regards

:)

FW1337, Apr 27, 2021
  2. FW1337 Win User

First of all thanks for your fast help! I solved the problem.

I switched the USB-C cabel with which the controller was connected. Than I had to hard reset the xbox and started it without the controller (power button). After the boot I started the controller (while connected to USB) and it stayed with power on. I disconnected the USB cabel and it's still working.

So, can be closed

Thank you and kind regards
  3. XBF Aicha T Win User

4. Always.Toasty Win User

New headset with adaptor mic not working

If your Xbox one Controller doesn't work or gets disconnected after you plug in your Stereo Headset Adapter, unplug your adapter,
    and then update your controller without the adapter. After the controller is updated, insert your Stereo Headset Adapter back into the controller.
  5. ChucklingLion Win User

Xbox ONE controller disconnects, sync, movement issues

Oh, and it happens before, and after, the controller firmware update (which is hard to do with a controller that doesn't work right!).

I'm not in the preview program, so don't get anything but public updates.
  6. Felipe Rossi Win User

Controller will not turn on

Hello bloke, I had the same problem and the controller simply doesn't turn on. I have three controllers, they all stopped working after the update failed...
Thema:

1. Controller doesn't work after update - Similar Threads - Controller doesn't update

2. Xbox One Controller doesn't work with AMD USB Host Controller after firmware update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller doesn't work with AMD USB Host Controller after firmware update: Hi! After updating firmware from 3.* to 4.8.1923 the Xbox One Controller have stopped working with a USB 2.0 host controller provided by an old AMD SB700 / SP5100 chipset. The "X" logo doesn't...
  3. Xbox Controller doesn't work on phone after firmware update?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller doesn't work on phone after firmware update?: Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I got an adaptor to connect my controller to my USB C port on my phone for Xcloud and it worked (besides the RT trigger not registering being...
  4. My controller says it's wireless when it's wired and doesn't let me update it.

in XboX Insiders
    My controller says it's wireless when it's wired and doesn't let me update it.: I have repaired a couple of xbox one controllers, and this little guy is the most problematic of all, it has had every fault you can imagine, but this is the last one. And I haven't seen anything...
  5. MY XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WON'T SYNC AFTER A CONTROLLER UPDATE (NOT A XBOX UPDATE), IT DOESN'T...

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WON'T SYNC AFTER A CONTROLLER UPDATE (NOT A XBOX UPDATE), IT DOESN'T...: Hi there! I'm a little mad today, because I tried to use my headphones by plugging them in the controller itself. They didn't worked and that made a pop up on my screen about a controller update....
  6. Xbox one controller doesn't turn on after driver update error from PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller doesn't turn on after driver update error from PC: Info before I get started: I'm on windows 10 64-bit and I do NOT have an xbox one console. I tried to update the firmware on my controller through the xbox accessories app, but the process froze...
  7. Game doesn't receive controller input after windows update (Wireless with adapter)

in XBoX on Windows
    Game doesn't receive controller input after windows update (Wireless with adapter): Hi, Last night my xbox one controller worked perfectly while gaming but as of today (after windows 7 update) my controller can still connect to my wireless adapter but the controller input doesn't...
  8. Xbox One Controller - doesn't update via USB cable on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller - doesn't update via USB cable on Windows 10: Hi Microsoft Support, I have an issue with the Xbox One controller on Windows 10, these days I tried to play with Fortnite but I found some fps and lag problems during the game. Thinking there...
  9. My Xbox One controller doesn't work after update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller doesn't work after update.: Hi! Yesterday I bought my Xbox One Controller + wireless adapter to play on PC. I found the information that I can update it with Xbox Accessories app from Windows 10 Store (why not?!). I...
  10. Xbox One Wireless Controller doesn't work anymore after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Wireless Controller doesn't work anymore after Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Hi, I have a problem using the Xbox One Wireless Controller + Wireless Adapter on my PC. Here is what happened so far... The controller worked for almost a year now without any problems. Some...