Controller headset audio issues - Series X latest update

Discus and support Controller headset audio issues - Series X latest update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Following this latest update, I have audio distortion in party chat on any controller used. It has never been an issue prior. Reboots and unplugging... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Knowledge_VIG, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Controller headset audio issues - Series X latest update

Following this latest update, I have audio distortion in party chat on any controller used. It has never been an issue prior. Reboots and unplugging the console have not worked. Reports submitted. It occurs when using the controller in any way and running a game while in chat maintains the distortion for the duration. Outside of chat audio works fine. I use a Logitech G635 with the 3.5mm cable attached to the controller.

submitted by /u/Knowledge_VIG
    [link] [comments]

/u/Knowledge_VIG, Aug 12, 2022
  2. miketja Win User

Series X and wireless Headsets issues

I have the exact same issue, same headsets too. I bought the Turtle 600 gen 2 and had this issue, then bought the new Xbox Wireless Headset, hoping it'd work better, but it doesn't. Exact same symptoms -- playing a game like Gears 5 or Metro Exodus, with a Series X and the new controller, any cutscenes will have audio stuttering after 10-20 seconds. If I move the stick on the controller, the audio comes back... and then stutters again after 10-20 seconds. This is repeatable and consistent. Standard (release) Series X software, latest updates applied to controller and headsets.

It's a known problem since launch, lots of reports, and lots of comments that it's being fixed in a future software release. Clearly this hasn't been fixed yet. So, is there any workaround, other than connecting an old Xbox One controller? Does it matter which audio codec is used (I'm using Dolby Atmos)?

It's not local RF interference, I've minimised that too, and ensured I have line-of-sight to the Xbox. And given that it is clearly reproducible and directly relates to whether the Series X controller is being used, and doesn't matter which headset I use, it definitely seems like a Series X problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Turtle Beach Audio Issue

seams to be a glitch with the latest controller update, i have to press the audio preset button on the headset adapter to get the audio to work ok, super human hearing is off, been using these for the past 9 months or more with no issues, try them on my
    other controller that is not updated and they work great so this is an update issue, typical.
  4. PhysEdFuel Win User

Trying to get digital assistant to work but screen shows mic is turned off do I need a headset or is there one built in

Unfortunately, there is no built-in mic on the Xbox Series X and no bluetooth support if you're thinking to go that route.

You will need to attach a headset with a mic to the Xbox Series X controller. The Xbox Series X controller uses a standard 2.5mm audio connection for Xbox Live, you can use any standard headset. (It does not have to be something fancy or expensive.)

I hope this helps. Merry Christmas to all!
  5. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  6. RobertRomero8 Win User

Saints row 3 remastered audio issue

They just released an update and said that they fixed an audio issue on the series X
Thema:

Controller headset audio issues - Series X latest update

1. Controller headset audio issues - Series X latest update - Similar Threads - Controller headset audio

2. Headset Connected to Controller Connected to PC not playing audio

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset Connected to Controller Connected to PC not playing audio: Ello Mates I currently have a Xbox Controller and a Headphone with a Mic Piece connected with a 3.5mm jack Im trying to play audio through my headset thats connected to a controller connected by...
  3. XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC: hi, i'm having issues, with my headset and its microphone when paired to PC. first i noticed when i try to plug my headset directly into the PC, i can only hear sound in my left ear, so i have...
  4. Audio Static when headset is plugged into controller on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Static when headset is plugged into controller on PC: The title says it-- I'm receiving heavy static when trying to use my turtle beach headset on my Xbox one controller. My PC does not have the correct port for this headset, but historically I've...
  5. Crackling console audio when using a headset with the new Xbox Series X|S controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Crackling console audio when using a headset with the new Xbox Series X|S controller.: Hello, I have the following problem. Just bought a new controller and noticed my headset would randomly begin crackling (static noises) when using it. Notice that : Console and controller are...
  6. Headset audio issues after latest controller firmware update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset audio issues after latest controller firmware update: Recently bought a new Xbox Series X|S wireless controller to use with my Xbox One, as well as a Razer BlackShark V2 X wired headset which connects via the controller audio jack. Both have been...
  7. Xbox Series X controller headset audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller headset audio issues: I have a brand new Xbox Series X console and tried using 3 different types of headsets (Logitech G332, Apple ear buds, Koss) with the 3.5mm audio jack in the controller. We noticed 2 things with...
  8. Connecting wired headset to XBox wireless controller and hearing audio when the connecting...

in XBoX on Windows
    Connecting wired headset to XBox wireless controller and hearing audio when the connecting...: Hello. I want to connect wired headphones or headset to the new XBox controller via the 3.5mm jack, but I want to use the controller via Bluetooth and still hear audio in the headphones. I have...
  9. Not able to connect Xbox Chatpad or audio headset to new Xbox Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to connect Xbox Chatpad or audio headset to new Xbox Controller: Posting here because neither the "Contact Support or Virtual Agent" were of any use for this issue. My wife bought me a new Cyberpunk 2077 controller. I went to start to use it and found my xbox...
  10. Series X Controller Headset Audio Quality VS. Xbox One Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller Headset Audio Quality VS. Xbox One Controller: On new Series X, I started using the included Xbox Series X controller with headset plugged into audio jack then switched back to my Xbox One controller as I like the bigger size. To me the...