Controller/headset issues.

Discus and support Controller/headset issues. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is anyone else having issues with the 3.5mm jack ports on their controllers. Both my boys got new controllers and headsets for Christmas. The headsets... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by liam10cool, Feb 23, 2019.

1. liam10cool
    liam10cool Guest

Is anyone else having issues with the 3.5mm jack ports on their controllers. Both my boys got new controllers and headsets for Christmas. The headsets work for a while then stop. We took one headset back to game and they tested it and the controller and
    said it was the controller and that they had been getting a lot of problems with them. We got a new controller and again headsets worked for a while but have now all stopped. We now have 5 headsets in this house 4 controllers 2 of which are brand new and can't
    now get headsets to work. Is their faulty parts in the 3.5mm jacks? Anyone else having issues (i'm not buying more headsets if this IS a controller issue. Thanks

:)

liam10cool, Feb 23, 2019
  2. InsectCentaur37 Win User

Xbox controller reset

Try to use the headset to another controller.

If your headset works to another controller, then it is an issue with your controller that might need to be replaced or repaired.

You can try first to use another headset to the controller ( the one where your headset it not working ) to see if it is an issue with the headset.
  3. choppyseize Win User

head set not being XBOX are no longer working

It could be that the headset is faulty now or that the jack in the controller itself is the issue. How old is the headset and controller ? What brand is the headset ?
  4. Etag_Mixer Win User

Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat

can you try the headset in another controller?

This will identify if it is the headset itself or the controller that is the issue
  5. Paul1708 Win User

How do I turn mute ( unmute ) off on Xbox 1

Hello there

The symobol at the top right isnt a mute symbol lots of people thing it is but it isnt. If there is a mic attached it turns too a pic of a headset. What confusses people is that sometimes the console or controller doesnt see the headset that is attached
    and there for doesnt show the headset pic.

A few things too do you need too find out if its a headset issue or a controller issue or possable (unlikley) a console issue

Make sure your controller is updated
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

Try the headset on a other device like a pc or phone if it works there you know it isnt the headset. If it doesnt work on a other device then the headset is falutly/brokon

Try pluging the headset into a other xbox controller sometimes the 3.5mm port on the controller goes bad and the console wont see the pic. If it works on a other controller then the controller is the issue.

If your in the xbox insider program there is a issue where some 3rd party headsets are having issues.
  6. REBECCALAARMAN Win User

Headset

So could it be a controller issue? And not a headset issue? Especially if the headset works on other devices?
Thema:

1. Controller/headset issues. - Similar Threads - Controller headset issues

2. Issues with connectivity between console, controller, and headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with connectivity between console, controller, and headset: Hello Xbox community! I have had an issue with my wireless connection between my console and any wireless accessory I use for quite some time now. So I have a bit of history I wish to catch you...
  3. Wireless controller and Xbox One Chat Headset issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless controller and Xbox One Chat Headset issue: I just buy two new controller and they do not work with my headset. Xbox One Chat Headset: Firmware 4.9.0.0 Xbox Controller: Firmware 4.8.1923 My headset work fine on my old controller with the...
  4. Xbox One Controller Static Sounds in Headset & Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Static Sounds in Headset & Connection Issues: My Xbox One controllers are having issues where I get static and audio drops followed by momentary disconnects and resets of the controller. My controllers never completely shut off but they do...
  5. Playing on my One X causes all of my headsets/controllers to have issues with connection...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing on my One X causes all of my headsets/controllers to have issues with connection...: Ok, so I have an Xbox One X and a OG Xbox One. Whenever I play with a headset using my One X, I will get audio crackles and on rare cases, my controller will rapidly cut off. Leaving my character...
  6. Headset Audio and mic cutting out issue through a USB wireless and 3.5mm controller headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Audio and mic cutting out issue through a USB wireless and 3.5mm controller headset: headset connections cuts out and makes skipping noises every 18 seconds (cannot hear sound and mic cuts out also), only while playing games, same issue with different headset and through a USB...
  7. Xbox One Elite Controller Headset/Mic Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller Headset/Mic Issues: Hi! Having intermittent issue with my Elite Controller where the headset either cuts out completely or starts echoing randomly for others in the game/party chat. Been through other threads and...
  8. Controller/ Headset Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller/ Headset Issues: Today I got a new Xbox Controller and for some reason my audio on the headset I've had for 2 years now is weird. When I first plugged it in my audio was very quiet so I turned it up to max and it...
  9. Design Lab controller issues with the headset jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Design Lab controller issues with the headset jack: My design lab controller will not work with my headset now. My headset works with all my other controllers still. The jack is messed up and I have tried using rubbing alcohol and the sound will...
  10. Headset/controller issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset/controller issue: I bought the winter camo Xbox one controller and Astro a10’s. The headset works for a little while then randomly stops and nothing I do can get it to work again. This is not an issue with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. head set not working in xbox one controllers

2. its a listen to xbox with my headset controller headset connect to the controller