Controller, Headset, or Faulty Box?

Discus and support Controller, Headset, or Faulty Box? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just had a friend go through this issue a month ago and now my headset seems to be crapping out too... The symptoms are random static and "wind"... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Spine Doc1, May 2, 2014.

1. Spine Doc1
    Spine Doc1 Guest

I just had a friend go through this issue a month ago and now my headset seems to be crapping out too...

The symptoms are random static and "wind" noise that can only be heard by others in your party. There is no noticeable change on the user end. I can still hear just fine. My friends however hear my voice as distant and there is a "wind" static or "bubble
    wrap" noise on their end that is extremely annoying. This is the exact same set of symptoms my friend went through and he now plays through the Kinnect mic only. Are these mics that bad? It is the controller? Anyone else seen this?

:)

Spine Doc1, May 2, 2014
  2. FAKIR101
    FAKIR101 Guest
    Mic

could be a faulty controller jack, try to plug into a phone or pc to check if the issue is the headset or controller

FAKIR101, May 2, 2014
  3. Headset won't plug into my Controller

I did set this up already, i just posted this to see if anyone had similar problems. I am not sure if my controller is faulty or if it is the headset. Basically i dont want to send in the headset and get a new one to find out that it was my controller port
    was faulty

MrMikeOxbig84, May 2, 2014
  4. Controller, Headset, or Faulty Box?

MessiahBrowny, May 2, 2014
  5. CQQT Win User

3.5 mm headset jack not working

I believe this is either faulty controllers or maybe a faulty headset?
  6. choppyseize Win User

head set not being XBOX are no longer working

It could be that the headset is faulty now or that the jack in the controller itself is the issue. How old is the headset and controller ? What brand is the headset ?
  7. Crumb Snatcherz Win User

Xbox one mic permanently on mute - tried everything - please help

If you are using the headset adapter for the controller it may be faulty.
  8. DustinUssery Win User

Xbox One headset issues

If the headsets work fine on another controller, then it probably is a faulty headset port. I'd contact official support again and push for a replacement controller.
  9. Orzlar-BB941406-F404 Win User

Xbox One Headset Produces No Sounds

If your pressing up and you're not hearing a beep sound, then it sounds like it could be that the headset is faulty, but seen as you've mentioned that you've tried multiple headsets, then I can only assume its the controllers mic port that is faulty. try
    a friends controller to confirm its the controller.
Thema:

1. Controller, Headset, or Faulty Box? - Similar Threads - Controller Headset Faulty

2. Xbox headset controller issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset controller issue: Hi all I have an Xbox One console and have just bought a headset and mic. I have followed the set up instructions but under Settings - Devices & Accessories, the Volume option is greyed out so...
  3. My headset isn't connecting to my xbox controller (Wired)

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset isn't connecting to my xbox controller (Wired): I use a Astro A10 which had no problems until today it there any known fix? 125a03df-399f-4cda-9a01-9dbf3f0cd518
  4. Meu fone de entrada P2 não é reconhecido no meu controle[My P2 input headset is not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Meu fone de entrada P2 não é reconhecido no meu controle[My P2 input headset is not...: Olá,nome é Lucas,estou tendo um problema com a conexão do meu fone de entrada p2 no meu controle. Se alguém poder me ajudar me avize,pois ele não esta sendo reconhecido no controle [Translation...
  5. Audio issues with 3 headsets, 2 controllers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio issues with 3 headsets, 2 controllers.: I purchased an xbox1 S in November 2018. I also got an Astro A10 headset. After a few months the sound on the headset would cut out sporadically. I figured it was buggy head set, no big deal. I...
  6. Controller does not recognize headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller does not recognize headset: help, we ave multiple headsets and multiple xbox controllers and they were working. Yet for some reason the headsets are not recognized by the controller. I have tried every video and every...
  7. headset port stopped working after controller update

in XBoX Accessibility
    headset port stopped working after controller update: earlier today updated one of my two design lab controllers (to 4.8.1908.0) and after update the headset port is no longer working is there a way to fix or do i wait for other update or what? i...
  8. Headset no longer working on Xbox One S Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset no longer working on Xbox One S Controller: All of a sudden my turtlebeach headset has stopped working with both Xbox controllers. I have plugged other devices in to the 3.5mm jack and the same problem persists. Headset works with PC....
  9. Headset won't work with wireless controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset won't work with wireless controllers: I have a Turtle Bay 50X wired headset. It doesn't not work with either controller. It did for approximately 2 months, but then it stopped. The company sent me a brand new headset and had the same...
  10. XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty.: I have two xbox one controllers. However, the chat headset only works with one of the controllers; the controller that I bought separately works fine, the controller included in the box does not....