Controller, Headset, or Faulty Box?

Discus and support Controller, Headset, or Faulty Box? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just had a friend go through this issue a month ago and now my headset seems to be crapping out too... The symptoms are random static and "wind"... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Spine Doc1, May 2, 2014.

1. Spine Doc1
    Spine Doc1 Guest

I just had a friend go through this issue a month ago and now my headset seems to be crapping out too...

The symptoms are random static and "wind" noise that can only be heard by others in your party. There is no noticeable change on the user end. I can still hear just fine. My friends however hear my voice as distant and there is a "wind" static or "bubble
    wrap" noise on their end that is extremely annoying. This is the exact same set of symptoms my friend went through and he now plays through the Kinnect mic only. Are these mics that bad? It is the controller? Anyone else seen this?

:)

Spine Doc1, May 2, 2014
  2. FAKIR101
    FAKIR101 Guest
    Mic

could be a faulty controller jack, try to plug into a phone or pc to check if the issue is the headset or controller

FAKIR101, May 2, 2014
  3. Headset won't plug into my Controller

I did set this up already, i just posted this to see if anyone had similar problems. I am not sure if my controller is faulty or if it is the headset. Basically i dont want to send in the headset and get a new one to find out that it was my controller port
    was faulty

MrMikeOxbig84, May 2, 2014
  4. Controller, Headset, or Faulty Box?

MessiahBrowny, May 2, 2014
  5. CQQT Win User

3.5 mm headset jack not working

I believe this is either faulty controllers or maybe a faulty headset?
  6. choppyseize Win User

head set not being XBOX are no longer working

It could be that the headset is faulty now or that the jack in the controller itself is the issue. How old is the headset and controller ? What brand is the headset ?
  7. Crumb Snatcherz Win User

Xbox one mic permanently on mute - tried everything - please help

If you are using the headset adapter for the controller it may be faulty.
  8. DustinUssery Win User

Xbox One headset issues

If the headsets work fine on another controller, then it probably is a faulty headset port. I'd contact official support again and push for a replacement controller.
  9. Orzlar-BB941406-F404 Win User

Xbox One Headset Produces No Sounds

If your pressing up and you're not hearing a beep sound, then it sounds like it could be that the headset is faulty, but seen as you've mentioned that you've tried multiple headsets, then I can only assume its the controllers mic port that is faulty. try
    a friends controller to confirm its the controller.
Thema:

1. Controller, Headset, or Faulty Box? - Similar Threads - Controller Headset Faulty

2. Controller/Headset issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller/Headset issues: Recently while playing Modern Warfare my headset sound has been crackling, it foes in and out and when talking to the Party my voice apparently cuts in and out too and “sounds like youre...
  3. Using wired headset plugged into Xbox one s wireless controller with laptop HELP!

in XBoX on Windows
    Using wired headset plugged into Xbox one s wireless controller with laptop HELP!: Just got a new headset with mic to use with the XBOX one s wireless controller. Works fine when using on the xbox console to play Fortnite, but not the Laptop. The headset is plugged into the...
  4. Xbox Controller Headset (wired) disconnecting everytime I move

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Headset (wired) disconnecting everytime I move: I play r6 alot my headset was working fine today and then it stoped working and said the xbox one could not detect a headset/mic connected to the controller everytime i move it disconnecs does...
  5. Xbox one controller Bluetooth interference with Bluetooth headset on iPad Pro

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox one controller Bluetooth interference with Bluetooth headset on iPad Pro: I recently purchased an iPad Pro 11 2020 edition and I tried connecting my Xbox one s controller to my iPad and it seamlessly worked. I was able to play games like Fortnite with the controller...
  6. Xbox one controller not working with headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller not working with headsets: I have got an xbox one console, and until now i have had no problems with it. I recently bought a new controller so now i have one new and one old xbox one controller. I was using my old...
  7. RE: Audio in Headset on Controller 100% gone

in XBoX on Consoles
    RE: Audio in Headset on Controller 100% gone: 2 days ago all audio (mic and sound) stopped on all 3 of my controllers. I've spent about 3 hours or so checking settings, reading forums, troubleshooting and have found nothing to remedy this...
  8. remote headset wont pair with controller and xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    remote headset wont pair with controller and xbox 360: Hi,i cant connect up my official headset it goes to 2 when the xbox 360 and controller stay on 1 i have tried other official earpiece and they just go to 3 or 4 but not 1 any ideas whats happening...
  9. FAulty headset or controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    FAulty headset or controller: Guys and Girls please help,... so far this year and I dread to think about last year I have purchased my son at least three controllers and five or six headset and still he cannot chat to his...
  10. XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty.: I have two xbox one controllers. However, the chat headset only works with one of the controllers; the controller that I bought separately works fine, the controller included in the box does not....