Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk

Discus and support Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, Within the last week, I ran into an issue where I could hear both game and party chat, but cannot talk. I use a wired Turtle Beach headset... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KeeganJones, Jan 17, 2019.

1. KeeganJones
    KeeganJones Guest

Hello,

Within the last week, I ran into an issue where I could hear both game and party chat, but cannot talk. I use a wired Turtle Beach headset (Recon 50x??) The controller itself was purchased with COD, so its less than 3 months old. Everything was working fine
    until about a week ago. I search the internet for troubleshooting solutions and nothing has worked. Below are a few things I have done already (pulled from other thread). Anyone got anything else?

With your headset plugged into the bottom of your controller

- Hit the Xbox Button on your controller and instead of choosing settings, choose Audio

- Make sure the Headset Mic is set to On and headset volume and mic monitoring is turned up

- Check the headset itself just to make sure there's no mute enabled on the headset

Then start a party and see if the circle lights up around your gamer pic

----------

If that doesn't work, try another profile on your Xbox and see if that other profile works with the headset.

If it does, then you might have an issue with your profile. You might try and remove and re-add your profile and test.

If that doesn't work, then try a console reset. Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console > RESET AND KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS

----------

Controller troubleshooting. If it's a software issue with the controller, this should help.
    1) Settings > Kinect and Devices > Devices and Accessories > More Options

2) Select Firmware version, (even if it states no update available) and then choose Update Now.

- When its done it should state no updates needed

- Choose Close

3) Choose More Options > Select Assigned to and re-assign your profile to your controller

4) Buzz the controller. It should buzz. If it doesn't, either the feature is turned off or the batteries are low. Use new batteries and test again.

5) Go back to Configure and choose Restore Original. This resets the controller back to defaults

6) Pull the batteries out of the controller and leave them out until the Xbox has restarted from the step below

7) Hard reset the Xbox - Hard reset the Xbox by holding down the power button on the front of the Xbox for 15 seconds. After the 15 seconds let go of the power button then restart the Xbox.

8) Put batteries back in the controller

9) Re-sync your Xbox One controller to refresh the connection back to the Xbox.

- If you're not sure how - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller

10) With your headset plugged into the bottom of your controller

- Hit the Xbox Button on your controller and instead of choosing settings, choose Audio

- Make sure the Headset volume is all the way up

11) Now test the headset and see if it's working.

:)

KeeganJones, Jan 17, 2019
  2. XBF George L Win User

Hello!

Does the headset mic work when connected to another device such as a smart phone? Let us know with a reply!
  3. Dank Raccoon Du Win User

Hello George!

It does. I plugged it into my phone and made a call to a relative and they could hear me like normal.

Thanks for the help!

Keegan
  4. KeeganJones Win User

bsnider001- Thanks for the additional info. Unfortunately, that didn't work and my MAT type is OPEN. :(
  5. MonoStreah Win User

There could be a short in the cord or issues with connection of the headset mic or parts of the headset itself.

Most manufactures have some warranty if it's a newer headset.
  6. bsnider001 Win User

Thema:

1. Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk - Similar Threads - Controller Issue hear

2. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues: My xbox elite series 2 controller stopped working wirelessly. I was playing a game and it just turned off. It would not let me turn it back on. I let it charge for over four hours, and tried...
  3. X Box controller connection issues.

in XBoX on Windows
    X Box controller connection issues.: I have been using an X Box one S controller to play certain games like Forza and Dead by Daylight. I'm starting to run into issues where my controller randomly stops working. I know the controller...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller PC Connection Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Controller PC Connection Issues: I've had my Xbox series X controller for months. It's worked fine until I updated windows recently, now the controller vibrates when I connect it to my PC via USB. But the light doesn't stop...
  5. Xbox Series X|S controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S controller issues: My Xbox Series X controller has been recieving oversensitive input issues and joystick drift since the last controller firmware update in March, and so far? No news on anything. Nobody is talking,...
  6. XBOX Elite 2 Controller. Right Bumper issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite 2 Controller. Right Bumper issue: Hi, I'm having an issue with my controller, and I have been having difficulties on getting some kind of support (not sure how to). I put in a repair request for this, as my controller was out...
  7. Issues with my Xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with my Xbox one controller: When pressing the left analog stick on my xbox one controller into the controller, (to sprint in most games) it does not click or feel like it’s going very far into the controller. I can still...
  8. Remote control issue i cant control in game

in XboX Insiders
    Remote control issue i cant control in game: I can connect xbox interface and i can control but i can't control in game anyone know about that ? submitted by /u/tituspullo0 [link] [comments]
  9. Controller and WiFi connectivity Issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller and WiFi connectivity Issue.: Hi all, I bought my Series S about a month ago and right from the first week I've been experiencing controller and network connectivity issue. The controller will disconnect from the console and...
  10. Controller Connection Issues going from PC to Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Connection Issues going from PC to Console: I connected my controller to my PC to play some games, the next day i tried to connect it to my console; It pairs and then turns off 3 secs later. When I connect back to my PC it works fine. Any...