Controller Issue | PC - Xbox App | Multiple titles

Discus and support Controller Issue | PC - Xbox App | Multiple titles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all! I've encountered issues with controller support in multiple titles. All these titles were installed via the Xbox App on PC running Windows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J3l4n, Nov 10, 2021.

1. J3l4n
    J3l4n Guest

Hey all!

I've encountered issues with controller support in multiple titles.

All these titles were installed via the Xbox App on PC running Windows 10 and through a Gamepass subscription.

Controller used: DualShock 4 via DS4Windows, connected through Bluetooth. This basically makes the device behave as a 360 controller.

As for background, I have played over 90 hours of Forza Horizon 4 with this setup as well as over 10 hours of Hades and Greedfall via the Xbox App.

Current situation:

Comanche - Recognizes controller; however, does not register any inputs in the menu or ingame.

Back 4 Blood - Pressing A or Start prompts the login screen continously. No other input is accepted.

Grounded - Continously prompts the login screen before reaching the menu. Can login with KBM no issues. In the menu it recognizes controller but fails to register inputs. Like Comanche mentioned above.

In every above case the device is recognized and as an Xbox controller.

Anybody has had similar issues by any chance?

:)

J3l4n, Nov 10, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there J3l4n welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Yes, I have had this issue before and every time I encounter this I uninstall and install the accessories app! Have you tried it?
  3. PaperzMask Win User

Games/Xbox

if u mean Streaming Xbox one games on PC using xbox app then no u cant, controller in mandatory.

if its a play anywhere title & u've downloaded it on PC, playing on PC then yes u can.
  4. Ov3R fR4g Uk Win User

Games/Xbox

Play anywhere titles are designed with the concept of using a controller or M+KB on the go, sadly its only for play anywhere titles though so if you're going to streaming through the xbox app to your pc then sadly you would need a controller
  5. Francia J. Win User

Brand new Xbox Core wireless controller says "critical" with brand new batteries or battery pack

You're welcome and indeed, it's weird that it's happening with multiple controllers. Is there a way for you to use a different device such as PC, Laptop, mobile device or Xbox to check if the same issue will occur using the same controllers?
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Controller left stick drift

Does this happen in all of your games? I'd test if it happens across multiple titles, as well as hooking it up to a different device (another Xbox, a PC, or a mobile device) and test if it also has the same issues there. If it seems to be an issue with
    the controller, then you can look at your options for service at
    Microsoft Device Support page,
    under Console > Accessories when initiating the request.
Thema:

1. Controller Issue | PC - Xbox App | Multiple titles - Similar Threads - Controller Issue App

2. Control issues in the app xcloud, but running perfectly in the web browser

in XboX Insiders
    Control issues in the app xcloud, but running perfectly in the web browser: Hi guys, I'm having a problem with the android app. My controller (original xone fat with cable) runs perfectly in the cell phone's web browser, but in the android app it doesn't work well, with...
  3. PC Xbox App Remote Play Game control issues

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox App Remote Play Game control issues: App loses control of Warframe in Mission Summaries. As soon as a match ends and we enter the Summery, the app pauses a moment, sort of stuttering the game, then it recovers, yet is then unable to...
  4. New Win 10 app cloud play and controller issue in WMR

in XboX Insiders
    New Win 10 app cloud play and controller issue in WMR: The new Xbox app for PC that gives cloud and remote play works very well. Except in WMR. I can use it with Virtual Desktop on a Quest 2 with the controller connected to the Quest 2 or PC, but...
  5. iPhone Xbox app, Controller not working on remote play issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    iPhone Xbox app, Controller not working on remote play issue: Hey guys so as many of iphone users are aware when you connect your xbox controller to your iphone by bluetooth, it says its connected but when you go to actually play on remote on the xbox...
  6. Pixel, 2,3,4 issue with xbox controller while in xbox app.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Pixel, 2,3,4 issue with xbox controller while in xbox app.: So, ive noticed in a few threads that pixels have been having issues with the analog sticks and directional pads while in the app. They work while on navigating the phone though. So it's getting...
  7. Remote play issue with Xbox app and Xbox Series S controller

in XBoX on Mobile
    Remote play issue with Xbox app and Xbox Series S controller: Hi there, I’m having an issue with remote play on a Series S using the Xbox app on iOS. The Xbox Series S controller connects to both to both an iPhone XR (2019) and an iPad Pro (2020) with no...
  8. New issue with Xbox Elite controller and accessories app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New issue with Xbox Elite controller and accessories app: Recent issue surfaced wither with the new elite controller dropping or update on the xbox console. You all know that one of the benefits of having an elite controller is all the customizing you...
  9. Controller Issues (USB) with Xbox Beta app for W10.

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Issues (USB) with Xbox Beta app for W10.: Has anyone else had an issue where the controller will disconnect seemingly at random? Xbox titles are the only games my controller doesn't like to work with for some reason. I'm on the latest...
  10. XBOX APP on PC CONTROLLER ISSUE

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX APP on PC CONTROLLER ISSUE: Hey guys so Ive been having this problem recently. I use the xbox app on my Windows 10 PC to stream my xbox gameplay. But when my controller is connected to the computer (no matter what wire or...