Controller joystick and button failure

Discus and support Controller joystick and button failure in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have two xbox controllers and i have queries with both. One has a joystick that always makes the cursor constantly go either up or down, but with the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bangbangpie66, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Controller joystick and button failure

I have two xbox controllers and i have queries with both. One has a joystick that always makes the cursor constantly go either up or down, but with the second one the RB button doesn’t work

you have to press really hard to get it to work.

if you have any ways of fixing this i would appreciate it

(even if it means taking my controllers apart),

:)

Bangbangpie66, Jul 16, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

If the controllers are out of warranty sometimes removing the shell and cleaning around the joysticks and button with a cotton swab dip in alcohol will get it working again. You need a specific tool to get one security screw out as it has a dimple in the
    center preventing use of a standard star screw driver.

Only do this if you item is out of warranty and you are thinking of replacing it. There are youtube videos on how-to-do this.
  3. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

4. telephotoedgar2 Win User

5. Radiant Sword X Win User

If this happens, try and submit a repair request form in Support at Xbox.com or just get a new controller.
  6. Korhog Win User

I think it's hardware problem. If you are have a guaranty just change broken pad to new
Thema:

1. Controller joystick and button failure - Similar Threads - Controller joystick button

2. The joystick on my Xbox one controller isn’t working

in XBoX on Consoles
    The joystick on my Xbox one controller isn’t working: I have had a Phantom white xbox one controller since June this year and i have recently updated it and the joystick is starting to short out half way through using it i don’t know if its the...
  3. How to fix xbox one controller joysticks not returning to center?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix xbox one controller joysticks not returning to center?: So, I bought the Minecraft Limited Edition xbox one a a year ago. Along with it came the minecraft themed xbox controller. I have started to notice that I have controller drift. I am pretty sure...
  4. Adaptive controller/joystick not registering clicks

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controller/joystick not registering clicks: I have the adaptive joystick plugged into the left usb port to control the left thumb stick via copilot. The issue is that when I click the adaptive thumb stick, the thumb stick click does not...
  5. Left Joystick on my xbox one s controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Joystick on my xbox one s controller: So today while i was playing and i noticed something that was happening when i was moving my left stick it didnt react to when i pushed it up so in fortnite it didnt run forwards and i need help...
  6. my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick...: well I have an xbox one s controller that worked fine, the controller is out of garanty, but I have never throw it to the ground so IDK why this is happening, if I press with a little streng the...
  7. modified joystick control

in XBoX on Consoles
    modified joystick control: Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is any way to report players using modified joysticks. I have recently come across several players who use external adapters in control or use a control...
  8. xbox one controller left joystick is forfwards a torch

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller left joystick is forfwards a torch: xbox one controller left joystick is forfwards a torch can I send my controller to you and it fixed 1f9a3aef-3d76-4725-82e2-8ddd36bc11f4
  9. Xbox adaptive controller re-binding joysticks

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive controller re-binding joysticks: Hi guys, I am using the Xbox adaptive controller and was wondering if there is a way to make the USB joysticks not just joysticks but buttons. My idea would be that one of the joysticks would...
  10. Xbox adaptive controller in combination with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick (button remap)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox adaptive controller in combination with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick (button remap): I was wondering if in the (near) future there will be an update Xbox accessoires software where we can remap the buttons on a USB device connected through the Xbox Adaptive controller, like the...