Controller keep blinking after changing battery

Discus and support Controller keep blinking after changing battery in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 3 controllers. They all work like they should, no disconnect and no glitches. I use standard rechargeable AA batteries and have no problem with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Olle Johansson, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Controller keep blinking after changing battery

I have 3 controllers. They all work like they should, no disconnect and no glitches. I use standard rechargeable AA batteries and have no problem with that either.

Hardware: Xbox Series X, 3 original series x controllers using AA batteries.

But I get problems when its time to change batteries. The control tells me that the batteries are dead and its time to change batteries. Only one controller were used at that time. I change the battery and it lights up. But it keeps blinking and are kind of unable to reconnect. This shouldn't be a problem since i got 2 more controllers. I start one of them and it starts blinking too. I test the same on the last controller and now I got 3 controllers blinking and none of them are able to control the xbox. I turn the xbox off by pressing the power button on the console. The console stops but the controllers keep on blinking. I start the console up, but I can still not control the console using one of the blinking controllers.

Other things of interest, the controller that dies are connected to another xbox account (my daughters) than my own (the owner of the xbox and the user used in the store as an example).

This happened to me every time the battery dies (about 5 times).

Removing the power cord after turning the console off seems to solve the problem, but this did not work this time around. I will keep it off with the power cord out of the console for a while and perhaps everything will get back to normal at some point?

Is this expected? Anyone else having this same issue?

I understand that changing the battery before it dies should solve the problem, but still??

:)

Olle Johansson, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Olle Johansson Win User

Answering my own question. Yes leaving it of for a longer time seem to have fixed the problem. But its super annoying to get this problem every 20-30 hours of playing. I could of course change AA batteries on a schedule, but it this really how its suppose to work??
  3. Unadvisedhero36 Win User

XBox One Controller Blinking despite charged battery?

Controlling light keep blinking and it has New batteries
  4. onyxishere Win User

Controller connected but blinking

It is actually a battery warning. As the battery gets weaker the controller will occassionally blink to let you know they will need to be changed soon.
  5. KidsSim Win User

XBOX 360 unusual flashing on controller

Guess it's the controller. Works fine. I changed the batteries. No change. Still has the blinking LEDs.

Oh well! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks!
  6. blackhalk123 Win User

Is it my controller? or my headset? (probably the controller)

try pressing the battery pack firmly to the controller next time the lights blink it could be that the battery pack is not sitting right.
Thema:

1. Controller keep blinking after changing battery - Similar Threads - Controller keep blinking

2. While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...

in XBoX on Mobile
    While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...: While playing Call of Duty Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected with a bluetooth headset at the same time. It works fine if I used a wired headset. The PS5...
  3. XBox360 Wireless Controller - Lights keep flashing after most recent update (2021)

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox360 Wireless Controller - Lights keep flashing after most recent update (2021): So yesterday I updated to the most recent Windows build, to fix a BSOD issue I was having while using Chrome. It seems to have fixed that, but now, the two wireless 360 controllers that I have...
  4. Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting with Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting with Xbox Series X: Xbox Series X Xbox Elite 2 Controller Steel Series Arctis 9x Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting randomly at least once per day, I canโ€˜t seem to work out whats triggering it - somtimes...
  5. Controllers will die or disconnect and wonโ€™t reconnect. Why does this keep happening?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers will die or disconnect and wonโ€™t reconnect. Why does this keep happening?: Once in a while when one of my controllers disconnect, all of my controllers are unable to connect to the xbox series X. I usually have to turn off my system and unplug it just to fix it. Its...
  6. Xbox Controller keep's blinking on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Controller keep's blinking on PC: my controller always works but now when i got a new windows updated on my pc, i tried connecting it, it shows the "Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows" in the settings, but as I go in a game, hold...
  7. XBOX 360 Controller Not Working/Green Light Keeps Blinking [Korean&English]

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX 360 Controller Not Working/Green Light Keeps Blinking [Korean&English]: [KOREAN] ์•ˆ๋…•ํ•˜์„ธ์š”, XBOX 360 ์ปจํŠธ๋กค๋Ÿฌ(๊ฒŒ์ž„ ํŒจ๋“œ)๋ฅผ PC์— ์—ฐ๊ฒฐํ•ด์„œ ์‚ฌ์šฉํ•˜ ํ•˜๋Š”๋ฐ ์ธ์‹์ด ์•ˆ๋ผ์š”. ๋“œ๋ผ์ด๋ฒ„๋Š” ์—…๋ฐ์ดํŠธ ๋˜์–ด์žˆ , ์žฅ์น˜๊ด€๋ฆฌ์ž์— ๋“ค์–ด๊ฐ€๋ฉด ์ธ์‹์ด ์ž˜ ๋˜์–ด์žˆ์–ด์š”. ๊ทธ๋Ÿฐ๋ฐ ๊ณ„์† ์ค‘์•™ XBOX ๋กœ ์— ์ดˆ๋ก์ƒ‰ ๋น›์œผ๋กœ ๊ณ„์† ๊นœ๋ฐ•๊ฑฐ๋ฆฌ , 1๋ฒˆ์œผ๋กœ ๋ถˆ๋น›์ด ์•ˆ๋“ค์–ด์™€์š”. ํ•ด๊ฒฐ ๋ฐฉ๋ฒ•์ด๋‚˜, AS ๋ฐ›์„ ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ๋Š” ๋ฐฉ๋ฒ• ์•Œ ์ฃผ์„ธ์š”. (์œˆ๋„์šฐ10...
  8. My controller keeps blinking and wont connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller keeps blinking and wont connect: help my xbox one keeps disconecting from every thing my controller my wifi even when i plug in my usb for controller it doesnt work help!!!' 1ebc11fc-7462-4ba6-8880-eafb8554e468
  9. Wired Xbox 360 controller not working... just keeps blinking!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox 360 controller not working... just keeps blinking!: I recently purchased a new wired controller for my Xbox 360 (older version and NOT SLIM!) I plug it in the usb ports but it does this: Blinks fast 5 times Then blinks 1 time per second and...
  10. Controller does not connect to XBox 360 LEDs keep blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller does not connect to XBox 360 LEDs keep blinking: Hi all, I got a new wireless controller today and tried to connect it to my XBox 360. But the 4 LEDs keep blinking. Did it all right, first pushed the button on the XBox than on the controller...