Controller Malfunctions after April firmware update

Discus and support Controller Malfunctions after April firmware update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After the firmware update, the LS on the wireless controller drifts North. If I'm on the main screen, it moves from the center tile to the upper left... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by P3rf3ctDay, Aug 15, 2014.

1. P3rf3ctDay
    P3rf3ctDay Guest

After the firmware update, the LS on the wireless controller drifts North. If I'm on the main screen, it moves from the center tile to the upper left and stays there.

When in a list of options, it will cycle through the options endlessly -- unless interrupted.

When playing a game, it seems to drift forward/up until interrupted. It will resume the drift at predicable intervals.

While the LS is drifting North, it is impossible for the console to receive a single tap command. Double tap usually acts as a single tap, in this instance.

I've tried power cycling the console, resynchronizing the controller, and playing while connected.

:)

P3rf3ctDay, Aug 15, 2014
  2. Trentelshark
    Trentelshark Guest
    XBOX ONE CONTROLLER

I'm going to assume you did the controller firmware update when the latest release pushed to your console? If you didn't give it a shot and see if it helps. There is also an update in the April preview to address two issues with the previous controller
    firmware:

*NEW CONTROLLER FIRMWARE UPDATE*

Update to help address controller disconnect issues.

Update to help address headset adapter audio quality.

That is from the release notes in the forums and since applying the update to my controller, I haven't had any issues with this since. So if you have the latest firmware applied hang in there, and when the April preview goes GA, try updating it and see
    if it resolves the issue at that point Controller Malfunctions after April firmware update :).

Trentelshark, Aug 15, 2014
  3. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    Xbox One April Update is live tonight

http://www.inquisitr.com/1212473/xb...ations-controller-firmware-and-silent-reboot/

few updates comming... looks like we get the april one tonight.. or in a few hours according to another post i read.. they are doing a late release because the systems are auto upate now or with the previous patch... so the people who are sleeping should get it and be pre loaded awaiting install upon startup.

i dont see many things in this update i care about..
    the friends notification thing i dont really care about.. i kinda like not having it pop up all the time. and its not like i have 50++ friends either...

past that the firmware for controler is nice.. i havnt noticed an issue with static or anything...

i would like the dolby digital update to go live without the headset/adapter thing. as i run off a 5.1soundbar thru my tv in coax... why they would put a digital 5.1 update out and not release it across the whole platform blows me away.

full list of the update:
    so some of you may have the update when you get on tom/15... but dds are i will have mine later.

sc_shark, Aug 15, 2014
  4. Controller Malfunctions after April firmware update

Have you also done Controller Update?

For that go to Settings-> System.

Maybe your Controller has dropped at anytime too hard?

If not you can also request a Repair/Exchange, for that Register your device on xbox.com

Bhutankam Pema, Sep 2, 2014
  5. Bhutankam Pema Win User

Have you also done Controller Update?

For that go to Settings-> System.

Maybe your Controller has dropped at anytime too hard?

If not you can also request a Repair/Exchange, for that Register your device on xbox.com
  6. Trentelshark Win User

XBOX ONE CONTROLLER

I'm going to assume you did the controller firmware update when the latest release pushed to your console? If you didn't give it a shot and see if it helps. There is also an update in the April preview to address two issues with the previous controller
    firmware:

*NEW CONTROLLER FIRMWARE UPDATE*

Update to help address controller disconnect issues.

Update to help address headset adapter audio quality.

That is from the release notes in the forums and since applying the update to my controller, I haven't had any issues with this since. So if you have the latest firmware applied hang in there, and when the April preview goes GA, try updating it and see
    if it resolves the issue at that point :).
  7. SiddR Win User

Xbox 360 download speeds slow

Hi,

I did some research and recall that around April 2016 the streaming broke after a firmware update. Can you check if there is a something related to streaming in the firmware upgrade around that time? So it's more around April 2016, rather than October 2016.
  8. Spike68-11F12E56-F84 Win User

xbox one controller jammed

I have had this similar problem. Have you updated your controller to the latest firmware with the april system update? When this happened with me I would have to remove my batteries and restart the controller to fix the issue. Since the latest firmware has
    been released I have not had this problem.
  9. Kentoshi Win User

Xbox One Elite controller not working anymore after (failed?) Xbox Accessories firmware upgrade

Hello.

The problem doesn't seem to bem on Windows. I tried using the controller in another PC with Windows 10 and it doesn't recognize it either.

I suspect that the controller firmware got corrupted in the failed updating process and that's the cause for the malfunctioning.

Is there are a way to rollback the controller firmware update?

Have anyone tried connecting the controller on a Xbox One console? I also don't own one and couldn't test that possibility. But at the moment that seems to be the best option other than taking it to technical assistance...
Thema:

1. Controller Malfunctions after April firmware update - Similar Threads - Controller Malfunctions April

2. x box one controller malfunctioning

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box one controller malfunctioning: I have a Xbox one S.... the left joystick of my controller is broken and thus make renders the controller useless. Then I order another controller. works for a few weeks and now keeps going off....
  3. One S controller malfunctions. Warranty expired, What Do Now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    One S controller malfunctions. Warranty expired, What Do Now?: Got an S for my birthday. 5 months later, controller won't connect wirelessly, it vibrates continuously even when the controller is turned off. When i plug it in to the console, it will work for a...
  4. Xbox One Elite Controller Right Bumper Malfunction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller Right Bumper Malfunction: I am currently on my second elite controller and all was wall, until a day ago the right bumper started to continuously press even when not touching the controller. My warranty on the controller...
  5. Xbox One Controller Malfunction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Malfunction: So last weeks i have a problem with a controller , pretty much the RB button doesnt respond sometimes, some other times it does At first i thought it was likely an issue about heavy usage, that i...
  6. Controller malfunction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller malfunction: I am a Dutch Xbox one user and I just, May 22, bought a new xbox one wireless controller (phantom white). It started with problems with the connection with my xbox. It sometimes didn't start my...
  7. Newest update malfunctioned my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newest update malfunctioned my controller: Back in October i made a post saying how the update that month made consoles unplayable. Crashes, random shut offs, freezes, disconnecting the whole playing field. The latest update has recently...
  8. Brand new Elite Controller malfunction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Elite Controller malfunction: Purchased the new elite controller yesterday. Brand new, first owner and the right joystick drifts off center constantly. Very unsatisfying. Am I able to exchange the faulty product being just...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller Button Layout Profiles Malfunctioning And Unuseable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Button Layout Profiles Malfunctioning And Unuseable: So I was trying to set up 2 different custom button layout profiles on my xbox elite controller, and kept trying to remove the default one so I could have 2 custom profiles instead of 1 default...
  10. Xbox One controller malfunction on USB-micro port (connect-disconnect behavior)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller malfunction on USB-micro port (connect-disconnect behavior): Hello, I have an Xbox One controller that I use on my laptop for playing. I buyed it on May 21th 2017. Since some weeks, I've noticed that the connection on the USB-micro port is defective, as...