Controller mapping

Discus and support Controller mapping in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, My controllers down on the d-pad is sticky and won't stop being pressed, in order to counteract this I normally unmap it and everything is fine,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZakNewell, Feb 12, 2019.

1. ZakNewell
    ZakNewell Guest

Controller mapping

Hi,

My controllers down on the d-pad is sticky and won't stop being pressed, in order to counteract this I normally unmap it and everything is fine, however after using Xbox accessories on PC and Console, it won't let me unmap. I will create a new profile to
    apply to my controller and try to apply it and for instance if I were to call it "profile one", then a profile called profile two would automatically be applied and instead of down on the d-pad corresponding to unmapped or a "-" sign, it would say it was mapped
    to something of no value. This is very frustrating as it worked up until yesterday (2nd February).

Thank you in advance.

:)

ZakNewell, Feb 12, 2019
  2. ThePouchBear Win User

Controller mapping

Do you have a normal controller or Elite controller?
  3. ZakNewell Win User

Controller mapping

As far as I know, it's a regular one, it's got no extra paddles or hair triggers, it's white and has the headphone jack.
  4. ZakNewell Win User

Controller mapping

Thank you for the reply but I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by elite settings
  5. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Controller mapping

Hi Zak,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums!

We understand this is frustrating but thank you for your efforts in trying to resolve this situation. So from my understand you are using a 1st party standard controller and the d-pad is not working properly?

I would suggest trying to clean the controller and if that doesn't work then you may need to send the controller in for service. The warranty for controllers is 90 days for the standard controllers.

Please check out how to
    Request an Xbox controller replacement

I hope this helps :)
  6. choppyseize Win User

Controller mapping

Are you sure you have the Elite settings set on 1or 2 as you normally do?
Thema:

Controller mapping

1. Controller mapping - Similar Threads - Controller mapping

2. xbox one s controller bluetooth mapping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one s controller bluetooth mapping: Mapping using Xbox access is supported only by usb. But I cannot use the program because I use Bluetooth. So we need another way. This sentence used a translator....
  3. Need help with peripherals and mapping for Adaptive Controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with peripherals and mapping for Adaptive Controller: For years, I have struggled with thumb issues in both hands that makes using analog sticks possible, but painful. With the advent of the Adaptive Controller, I'm hoping I may have found a...
  4. PDP Xbox One Controller Not Button Mapped Properly For Games

in XBoX on Windows
    PDP Xbox One Controller Not Button Mapped Properly For Games: Hello friends and friends of friends, I am having a problem with my newly bought PDP Xbox One Controller. Now I assumed that it was just plug, install drivers and play, but apparently I was wrong....
  5. Mapping from Elite Controller dropped by switching profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mapping from Elite Controller dropped by switching profile: I have two profiles on Xbox One console, and every account has other Controller mapping settings saved. As example: Main account Conroller preset 1 for GTA 5 Controller preset 2 for Fifa Guest...
  6. wireless analog controller mapping/bindings problem?

in XBoX on Windows
    wireless analog controller mapping/bindings problem?: I want to be able to use my controller with win 7 wirelessly, the problem is that the functions are not bound to the correct function..I have a windows xbox 1 controllerwireless adaptor which...
  7. xbox elite controller button combination mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite controller button combination mapping: Hi I would expect to be able to map a combination of buttons too. E.g Trigger + X or LB + A which typically would give special moves. i cant find anything about that. Feature request? cheers...
  8. Elite Controller button mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller button mapping: Hello, There needs to be an update for elite controller button mapping to allow direct binding of paddles, instead of having to bind them to the existing standard buttons....
  9. Mapping more than one wireless controller differently

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mapping more than one wireless controller differently: Anyone know if it's possible to map 2 wireless controllers (Not Elite) differently on the same xbox one x? Or does it always map each controller the same? I am trying to swap the RT/LT buttons on...
  10. Xbox Elite controller won’t let me map the buttons and save them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite controller won’t let me map the buttons and save them: my Xbox elite controller will not let me configure my buttons or map my buttons and save them. But I am able to with the original Xbox controller. I am also in the preview program....