Controller moving on its own

Discus and support Controller moving on its own in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, my sons controller is moving on its own so you cannot select items in games, it just freely keeps moving. It does it across all games and we have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ClareHughes, Apr 7, 2020.

1. ClareHughes
    ClareHughes Guest

Hi, my sons controller is moving on its own so you cannot select items in games, it just freely keeps moving. It does it across all games and we have tried wired and the wireless controllers and a new controller but it still happens. Any ideas?

:)

ClareHughes, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Airyrose666 Win User

have you tried updating the controller through the device menu in settings?
  3. Nickmasterluke Win User

You should check the state of the internal components of your controller, since possibly a fault is present, perhaps that is the problem for which your controller acts in that way.
  4. JPJCR Win User

5. ClareHughes Win User

Yeah i have tried that. The problem seems to be witn the controllers that are older/well used. Wondering if worth buying a new one to see what happens.
  6. Netechma Win User

If it is specific to some and not all of the controllers then it would make sense the issue is with them and not the console itself. Did these issues get worse over time or has it been the same throughout?
Thema:

1. Controller moving on its own - Similar Threads - Controller moving own

2. my controller doesnt work anymore . analogic sx moving character by itself without touch it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller doesnt work anymore . analogic sx moving character by itself without touch it...: i have this great problem with my elite 1 controller amnd i dont know what to do because all the llines doesnt works and it seems nobody wants help people like me,. i am feeling alone with this...
  3. so my controller keeps moving up when i try to select an app or game. the support agent...

in XboX Insiders
    so my controller keeps moving up when i try to select an app or game. the support agent...: [IMG] submitted by /u/whrnngg [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox elite Controller - Right stick moving by itself

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox elite Controller - Right stick moving by itself: Hi, I have an xbox series 1 elite controller from 4 months and I use it to play games on PC. About 2 weeks ago the right stick of the controller have started moving by itself. From the xbox...
  5. Xbox Club Feed Content Control - Moving Content Between Channels

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Club Feed Content Control - Moving Content Between Channels: Me: Problem: Content submitted to channels in a club you have BOTH CREATED AND OWN will not let you move content to appropriate channels. Clarification: I have 10 channels for title-specific...
  6. My Xbox one S controllers trigger is moved to the side

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S controllers trigger is moved to the side: My Xbox One S controller trigger is moved to the left, preventing it to fully move up once the plaque is placed I have no problem playing without the plaque but its pretty uncomfortable. Does...
  7. Elite Series 2 controller buttons partially functioning when moving left thumbstick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller buttons partially functioning when moving left thumbstick: Hey, so myself and a friend have noticed something with the Elite Series 2 controllers. When you move the left thumbstick to the left and try to push the Y button (either the actual button or the...
  8. How did your steaks on the controller keep moving on their own?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How did your steaks on the controller keep moving on their own?: When I try to move the controller to the left or to the right It keeps appearing at the top of screen automatically and it keeps going back up is there.a way to fix it....
  9. Controller right stick moving up on its own, not worn only 2 months old

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller right stick moving up on its own, not worn only 2 months old: my controller's right analog will move up on its own while stationary. It isn't the normal slight movement that's common on older controllers because they're worn, when I release the stick the...
  10. Xbox One controller left joystick moves up on it's own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller left joystick moves up on it's own: So recently my left joystick has started moving up on its like it is jammed. I can set it down and it just starts moving the cursor up. When I am playing CoD:Ghosts and I am in the prone position,...