Controller Mute Button no sound

Discus and support Controller Mute Button no sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cant hear anything out of my headset (which is plugged into the controller) and theres a mute icon that appears next to the date/time (see attached... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ReneeO019, Oct 9, 2019.

1. ReneeO019
    ReneeO019 Guest

I cant hear anything out of my headset (which is plugged into the controller) and theres a mute icon that appears next to the date/time (see attached picture). If i disconnect the headset, we can hear fine, but cant interact/talk playing online games.

Ive tried all the suggestions in the xbox support but nothing works.
    Controller Mute Button no sound [​IMG]

:)

ReneeO019, Oct 9, 2019
  2. ReneeO019 Win User

Ive already done both of those things as well as ive tried three other headsets as well which do not work either.
  3. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Renee,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to utilize your headset for communication and audio on your Xbox One console.

If the headset is plugged in, but the microphone is crossed out, this means that the controller/console are both not recognizing the connection of the headset. It would be best in this case to try using another Xbox One controller if available, but also
    that you attempt following our Xbox One Chat Headset troubleshooting support article.

Try this for us and then let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  5. theREALdark1 Win User

Xbox One Headset Adapter - How do you turn game and chat volumes down individually??

While looking at the Microsoft chat adapter you will see five buttons from the left to the right. Game Volume button, Chat Volume button, Mute button, Volume up button and Volume down button. Pressing the button with the little controller symbol will let
    you control the game sound volume. The button with the little person symbol will let you control the chat volume. To turn the chat or game sound up or down press the corresponding button and then use the volume up/down to tune the sound to your liking.
  6. BrianVanderbusch Win User

Add "mute" to the Elite Controller button mapping

Def needs a mute button. I have Ear Force Seven Stealths, and they relied on a mute button on the adapter. Due to the original controller design, most of the pro headsets actually don't have a mute inline, favoring the button that's on the controller.
Thema:

1. Controller Mute Button no sound - Similar Threads - Controller Mute Button

2. Xbox One Controller Audio Adapter Mute Button Always On

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Audio Adapter Mute Button Always On: Hi Support, I’m experiencing an issue today where the mute button on the xbox one audio adapter is constantly on and will not turn off. My headset as such is not working through it either. I...
  3. XBOX Controller Muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Controller Muted: How do you unmute an xbox one headset? 106f367b-35fe-45f0-b3c1-ff9e83394b3b
  4. Controller mute icon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller mute icon: Hi I have a mute icon next to battery strength icon, i get no game chat or party chat through headset and when in party it is unable to detect headset present. very frustrating please advise....
  5. Lost Headphone sound, no wireless controller volume controls. mic always muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost Headphone sound, no wireless controller volume controls. mic always muted: Pretty new Xbox One S (3 months or so), but somehow my headphone sound is gone. I have tested with both iphone ear buds (they used to work plugged directly into wireless controller) and with a new...
  6. X Box One Controller is muted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X Box One Controller is muted: My Daughters controller has suddenly muted, with the muted icon appearing top right corner of the screen . She is unable to use her headset with this . Ive tried all the fixes but nothing is...
  7. ​Is there a pair of earbuds that allow single button muting with the new controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    ​Is there a pair of earbuds that allow single button muting with the new controllers?: Is there a pair of earbuds that allow single button muting with the new controllers. I hate having to jump back and forth to turn it on and off in the software menu....
  8. How do i mute myself with white lunar controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i mute myself with white lunar controller?: Im playing call of duty in game chat but i want to be able to mute my mic without being in a party. How do i get this done? ab5afd3f-e3ae-4402-9eac-978300371936
  9. Add "mute" to the Elite Controller button mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Add "mute" to the Elite Controller button mapping: Microsoft is missing out on an obvious opportunity to make up for the lack of mute/volume controls that were lost when they switched to a standard 3.5mm jack. Just add the ability to map "Mute"...
  10. Headset mute button lit - controller update fixes it, but it fails every re-start

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mute button lit - controller update fixes it, but it fails every re-start: We've got a Turtle beach XO Four headset. The mute button comes on when you attach the adapter to the controller (this started happening about a week after purchase). We checked these forums and...