controller not connecting to computer

Discus and support controller not connecting to computer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A while back i completely reseted my computer because it was full of viruses and before i did i was able to connect my ps4 controller to my computer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by br_sh, Jun 30, 2022.

1. br_sh
    br_sh Guest

A while back i completely reseted my computer because it was full of viruses and before i did i was able to connect my ps4 controller to my computer without any problems but ever since i reseted my computer it just stopped reconizing my ps4 controller (even with my Xbox controller it still didn't get reconize). I do not know exactly what way I reseted my pc but it was to the point where i had to redownload NVIDIA, and NVIDIA was something that automaticlly came with the computer when i first used it. Is there something I can do to get my computer to reconize my ps4/Xbox controller again???

:)

br_sh, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

They will appear as unknown device

[​IMG]
  3. br_sh Win User

as of now i am using a USB cord to connect my Xbox controller to the computer and i run a window's 11 as well
  4. br_sh Win User

question, how exactly do I check for unrecognized devices?
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Go to windows update then press check updates, install any pending update, even the optional ones

Then go to the device manager section then look for any device that appears as not recognize the select update drivers
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Br_sh! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Is the Xbox controller plugged trough USB? Or you are trying to connect trough Bluetooth?

Are you on Windows 10 or 11?

Try the steps here please if it's a wireless controller please

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. controller not connecting to computer - Similar Threads - controller connecting computer

2. Xbox Elite controller will not connect to computer anymore - USB does not recognize

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite controller will not connect to computer anymore - USB does not recognize: For about a year I have had no issue with hooking up my Elite controller to my computer. Now tonight, it won't connect and I get a message about the USB does not recognize. - Was able to get an...
  3. My switch pro controller isn't detected when connected with a wire to my computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    My switch pro controller isn't detected when connected with a wire to my computer: It used to work fine as I could connect the controller to my pc using a wire and it'd work instantly, but since about a week ago now it's in a weird state where windows has it detected but no...
  4. xbox能连接到win10电脑但无法在游戏中使用 (The Xbox controller can be connected to a computer but cannot be...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox能连接到win10电脑但无法在游戏中使用 (The Xbox controller can be connected to a computer but cannot be...: 手柄可以在xbox应用中选择,但打开游戏后xbox手柄的摇杆完全没有反应。(win10系统尚未更新到最新版本) I can see the controller in the Xbox app. However, the controller was completely unresponsive when I opened the game (Windows 10 is not...
  5. Xbox series x xbox controller not connecting to my computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x xbox controller not connecting to my computer: Hi so after I connected my controller to my android device it stopped connecting to any pc it can only connect to a phone or an Xbox I tried updating the controller but no good please help I want...
  6. my xbox elite 2 controller wont connect to my computer over bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    my xbox elite 2 controller wont connect to my computer over bluetooth: iv tired everything i know. and i know other things connect to my computer just fine. pls pls pls pls plss!!!!!!!! help me plsssss!! d0a3d4de-56da-4044-a376-a53457c5782c
  7. Xbox one wireless controller will fail to control intermittently when connected to computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one wireless controller will fail to control intermittently when connected to computer.: The version of windows is win10 1909. The Xbox one wireless controller can work at first. After a while it will be no response eventhough you press every bottom but it is still connecting to the...
  8. Wired Xbox one controller won't connect to the computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Wired Xbox one controller won't connect to the computer.: I used to utilize the xbox one controller on my computer through an usb cable, but the one i used stopped working and all the other cables i tried testing aren't working When i connect the cable...
  9. Weak connection of the controller to the computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Weak connection of the controller to the computer: Greetings to the microsoft community. I recently bought 2 gamepads from xbox one for playing on a computer, both of the third generation. An adapter for wireless connection is attached to the...
  10. Wireless Xbox Controller not pairing or connecting correctly to win10 computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Xbox Controller not pairing or connecting correctly to win10 computer.: My Wireless Xbox Controller is currently unable to pair correctly to my win10 device through Bluetooth. When I try to connect my controller, it shows as paired in the Bluetooth menu but the...