Controller Not Working? -- Check Here!

Discus and support Controller Not Working? -- Check Here! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do I connect my controller? If you are using a wireless controller, try to sync your controller to your console. You can doing this by turning on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mister Cerb, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

How do I connect my controller?

If you are using a wireless controller, try to sync your controller to your console. You can doing this by turning on the console, and then pushing the sync button on both the controller (small circular button near the left bumper) and the console (on the original
    console, the small circular button by the power button; on the S console, the small square button near the front USB ports). The green lights should flash in a circle, then all flash, and then one light will remain indicating which controller position the
    controller currently is.

If you are using a wired controller, try unplugging the controller for a few seconds and then firmly reinserting the USB connector. If it still isn’t working, try a different USB port as that particular port might be bad (if this is the case, you will want
    to use our Online Service Center to set up a console repair).

My controller won’t connect (flashing green lights)

Does your controller turn on, but can’t seem to connect properly? Perhaps you already have four controllers connected. Are all four green lights around the power button on the console currently lit up? If so, you need to disconnect one of them.

To disconnect a wireless controller, press and hold the guide button for a few seconds, then select “Turn off controller” from the menu. To disconnect a wireless headset, press and hold the power button until it turns off. To disconnect a wired controller…
    well, I’m sure you get the idea.

My wireless controller won’t stay connected (“Please reconnect controller” error)

Before troubleshooting, make sure any objects between the controller and console are removed, such as doors, shelves, or metal dividers. Also make sure that other wireless devices are kept clear of this are, including wireless routers, cordless phones, or microwave
    ovens. Sorry, you’ll have to make the walk to the kitchen to zap your ramen!

Also check to make sure your batteries are fresh. If you use rechargeable AAs or Microsoft brand rechargeable battery packs, make sure they are fully charged. You can try using a different battery source to see if there might be an issue with your current batteries. If
    you are having trouble charging your Microsoft rechargeable battery pack, please check this support article.

Still having issues with your controller?

If your controller still won’t work, try connecting it to a different console. If it works on this other console, there is probably an issue with your console. If the controller still doesn’t work on the new console, there is probably an issue with the controller
    itself. If it was recently purchased, try returning it to the retailer for a replacement. If you can’t take it back, but it’s still within the Accessory Warranty period, you can use the Xbox Online Service
    Center
    to order a new one. If it’s been longer than the Accessory Warranty period, then you would want to purchase a new controller at your retailer. For more information regarding accessory warranties, check out our
    Xbox 360 Warranty page.

:)

Mister Cerb, Aug 28, 2014
  2. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest
    Controller Latency/Disconnect Issues While Playing? -- Check Here!

If you experience controller latency issues while playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, there are a couple of troubleshooting steps you can take to try to resolve your problem.

1. Update your controller: Follow the steps
      here
      to ensure that your controller is running on the latest firmware.
    2. Troubleshoot controller disconnect problems: Follow the steps
      here
      to see if the resolution steps for controller disconnects helps with the latency issue.

If you continue to have the same problem after trying the steps above, contact
    Xbox Support
    and one of our representatives will be able to assist you further.

Mister Cerb, Aug 28, 2014
  3. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest
    Is your controller not syncing? Here is something to check...

Hey there manny toba! Thanks for the helpful tips! Controller Not Working? -- Check Here! :)

iNb4 Ownage, Aug 28, 2014
  4. WrathfulDoom Win User

HDMI being loose did that to you? thanks for the protip! I think that info will help a lot of people!
  5. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Hey there manny toba! Thanks for the helpful tips! :)
  6. Karch V Amadeo Win User

Checking battery

Step One - Get Xbox one controller.

Step Two - Remove batteries.

Step Three - Put batteries into Xbox 360 Controller.

Step Four - Check batteries on Xbox 360.

Step Five - ???

Step Six - Profit.
  7. Grievous Angel Win User

Post here if removing DRM & check ins brought you back!

Couldn't bring myself to preorder the PS4. That controller just stinks. I did a min-protest this past week when I bought GT5. Popped it in. The experience is/was inferior in every way to the Xbox, the 360 controller, and Forza. I'm glad Xbox is now
    a viable first option.

Yeah, I'm on board again. May wait a few months, but I'm back on board.
  8. Puma Kane Win User

Checking battery

Does anyone know if one can recharge rechargeable batteries via the controller?

If they can, then that's the route I will use.
Thema:

1. Controller Not Working? -- Check Here! - Similar Threads - Controller Working Check

2. Xbox One Elite Controller 2 won't work with Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Elite Controller 2 won't work with Bluetooth: Dear Community, Since two days i'm trying to get my new controller working properly. It works on the XBox One X and on the PC via USB. But, altough it connects via Bluetooth, the controller just...
  3. Elite Controller 2 wont work with turtle beach adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 wont work with turtle beach adapter: My Elite Controller 2 wont work with the turtle beach elite pro tactical adapter for my headphone works in the headphone jack but not the Expansion port. when i hold it in a certain place it works...
  4. XBOX ONE S WIRELESS CONTROLLER HEADPHONES NOT WORKING

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX ONE S WIRELESS CONTROLLER HEADPHONES NOT WORKING: Hi all, I know the headset is fine as I've tried with another wired controller. The controller is still under warranty but was wondering if anyone else had any similar issues and managed to solve...
  5. Xbox One wireless controller; work through glass?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wireless controller; work through glass?: Does the xbox one wireless controller work through the glass panes on the doors of a media console without issue? 3ae23a31-34a2-4c27-a10d-1b93362221f2
  6. xbox controller - keeps breaking & headset does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller - keeps breaking & headset does not work: Dear Microsoft & Users. I am quite disappointed with the xbox one original controllers. The two controllers worked perhaps 2 weeks from when i purchased my xbox one, then the headset stopped...
  7. Wired xbox360 controller stopped working - flashes and then turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Wired xbox360 controller stopped working - flashes and then turns off: I have a wired Mad Catz "WWE brawler pad" for xbox360, which I used to use with my Windows 10 PC. After using it for a while without any issues, it suddenly stopped working: I plug it into any of...
  8. View Button on controller won't work. Replaced controller and same thing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    View Button on controller won't work. Replaced controller and same thing.: As stated my view button on my xbox one x controller wont work. ive had it replaced and still the same exact problem. i bought my xbox one x on the first of this month so its brand new. its the...
  9. Elite controller 2 trigger stops not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite controller 2 trigger stops not working: So the hair trigger lvl on my controller registers nothing no matter what I change it too on the app. the first and 2nd lvls if the trigger stop works fine. the third registers nothing no matter...
  10. Why my newly bought xbox 360 controller cable not work with my used xbox 360 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my newly bought xbox 360 controller cable not work with my used xbox 360 controller?: I buy the used xbox 2 or 3 weeks ago and now i try to connect the used xbox 360 controller to my xbox 360 but nothing happens, but the cables led is not light up The usb is good i try and i try...