Controller not working on PC after update via Xbox

Discus and support Controller not working on PC after update via Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm able to connect it but the games are not detecting the controller anymore. Using gamepad-tester.com I can see that buttons are working but the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by reibeku, Nov 9, 2021.

1. reibeku
    reibeku Guest

I'm able to connect it but the games are not detecting the controller anymore.

Using gamepad-tester.com I can see that buttons are working but the device name is not detected (exactly it displays Unknown Gamepad Vendor: 045e Product: 0b20)

Any idea how to solve this?

Note: It is working fine in the Xbox

Controller not working on PC after update via Xbox [​IMG]

:)

reibeku, Nov 9, 2021
  2. TechnicallyReal
    TechnicallyReal New Member
    I am having the same problem with an Elite Series 2 controller (though it registers as Unknown Gamepad Vendor: 045e Product: 0b22)

The issue doesn't appear to be with the controller, as I am able to pair it to another PC and to a phone without issue, and it registers and works properly on gamepad tester and within games.

I have tried making sure that I am updated with Windows Update etc. I've also downloaded the latest Intel Bluetooth drivers for my Intel Wifi & Bluetooth.

The controller works when when plugged in via USB. The issue only appears when using Bluetooth.

TechnicallyReal, Nov 24, 2021 at 12:17 AM
  3. TechnicallyReal
    TechnicallyReal New Member
    There was a cumulative Windows update today that solved the issue for me. I re-paired my controller after Windows finished updating and rebooting, and everything was good.

TechnicallyReal, Nov 26, 2021 at 1:40 AM
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

I see. But the windows might not be recognizing it for some reason, this restore might help. :)
  5. reibeku Win User

Hello, I can't see why this is supposed to work? I updated the controller firmware, not the windows.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey reibeku, how are you today? Hope you're doing well.

reibeku, I advise you to try to restore your windows OS.

There are two ways you could do it:

Step 1: Click Update & security on the Settings page to continue.

Step 2: Click Recovery and click Get Started on the right to continue.

Step 3: Choose Keep my files to reset your PC.

Step 4: Read the subsequent messages and click Reset.

After the computer has restarted successfully, you have refreshed Windows 10.

(That way you will not be able to keep your installed games, you would have to install them again.)

Or you could try via the ISO image tool:

For windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

For windows 11: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  7. PaulSajovec Win User

Xbox controller won't update

I've tried all of the options such as Xbox Accessories, PC, restarting the Xbox, different usb cables. Thinking there has to be some work around, as the controller works fine when it is connected via a cable, but disconnects after a few seconds after it
    fails to update. A couple of times I was able to get it working by switching controllers when it reports an update is required. It would then work for a couple of weeks until it sent another message that an update is required.

Disappointing the Microsoft offers no support and says only that I can buy a new one since it is out of warranty.
  8. albie™ Win User

Xbox One Elite controller not working anymore after (failed?) Xbox Accessories firmware upgrade

Hi Neecko92,

Seems like the only workaround now is to connect your Elite controller to a Xbox One console, and update your Elite controller via the Xbox One console. Then it will work on your PC again.
Thema:

1. Controller not working on PC after update via Xbox - Similar Threads - Controller working update

2. Xbox elite 2 controller stopped working on PC after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller stopped working on PC after update: Hi, So I have a new elite 2 controller trying to connect to a windows 10 version 21H1. Yesterday it was working ok, but then I updated the software of this controller through Xbox one x console as...
  3. Xbox controller Triggers don't work on Android after latest update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox controller Triggers don't work on Android after latest update: I just (Oct 30, 2021) updated my controller via my Series X. I normally use this controller to play games remotely on my phone. (PS4 remote play, Fortnite, GForce now). I have a Samsung Note 20...
  4. Controller plug-in headset no longer working after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller plug-in headset no longer working after update: I have a Turtle Beach Recon 70 plug-in headset. Only a month old. Worked fine until after yesterdays update (Oct 25th). Plugged headset into other controllers and works fine in others so issue is...
  5. Xbox One Controller doesn't work on PC via bluetooth after updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller doesn't work on PC via bluetooth after updating: Newest controller update busted blue tooth controller support for windows 10 pc b10810b8-54d8-416d-8beb-5bfa584ca7bd
  6. Controller left stick not working properly after update to firmware 5.9.2709.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller left stick not working properly after update to firmware 5.9.2709.0: I just purchased a brand new controller from Best Buy in July. I started my XBox after about 3 weeks. I was prompted to update the Firmware on my controller. It is now at firmware version...
  7. Wired controllers no longer working after update.

in XboX Insiders
    Wired controllers no longer working after update.: As the title says I just updated my console as part of the Delta ring and I can no longer get any of my wired controllers to work. They were working just fine and I used one to initiate the...
  8. Redragon ERIS Gamepad to KB MS Converter no longer working after Controller Update

in XBoX Accessibility
    Redragon ERIS Gamepad to KB MS Converter no longer working after Controller Update: Hi, firstly I love that you can now plug a keyboard and mouse directly into the xbox console but that does not help if not all games are compatible with keyboard and mouse playing yet. My...
  9. Elite v2 controller Bluetooth doesn’t work after update

in XboX Insiders
    Elite v2 controller Bluetooth doesn’t work after update: Tried syncing my elite v2 to my windows 10 pc through Bluetooth and it pairs but none of the buttons work. Can’t even right click the device and test the buttons. Accessories app doesn’t see the...
  10. Xbox Series X/S Controller Bluetooth Not Working After Latest Firmware Update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X/S Controller Bluetooth Not Working After Latest Firmware Update: After updating my Xbox Series controller to the latest firmware (version 5.5.2641.0), I am unable to connect it via Bluetooth to my Window 10 PC (running latest updated Win10 version), iPhone or...