Controller not working properly

Discus and support Controller not working properly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Just put on the xbox, working fine for an hour or so, pressed the power button to bring it back on, now only the analogue sticks work, keep... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CarwynWilliams, Sep 23, 2022 at 7:33 PM.

1. Controller not working properly

Hi,

Just put on the xbox, working fine for an hour or so, pressed the power button to bring it back on, now only the analogue sticks work, keep looking it up and it says it needs an update. All the suggestions require to select buttons on the xbox but the A button does not work. Tried to connect via xbox app but does not pair there either any suggestions?

:)

CarwynWilliams, Sep 23, 2022 at 7:33 PM
  2. Outofthi5world-91B7E Win User

No but the controller I had with my Elite for 0ver 3 1/2 years was perfect when I traded it in and the 3 controllers that I have now with my Slim are going good after about 9 months, so I wouldn't say anything about the quality other than them being good.
    Same for all my mates controllers.
  3. Jeremy2085 Win User

Is it just in Forza Horizon 4 that you appear to be having this problem with your controller or is it other games as well?
  4. InsanePhish Win User

Have you tried resetting the controller setting to default in controller setting in game?
  5. GDN smp91 Win User

controller not working properly

Hello WidowedFoot796:

Is it during a game that you are having these issues or is it at any point that the Xbox is on?
  6. An Amish Woman Win User

Bump please. I have the same problems. With 3 of my controllers.
Thema:

1. Controller not working properly - Similar Threads - Controller working properly

2. Xbox elite controller series 2 LB not working properly and left stick not pressing in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 LB not working properly and left stick not pressing in.: Hi my series 2 elite controller has some faults with the LB and left stick which wasn't my fault and started happening some day. The controller is still in warranty but apparently i need to pay...
  3. The left stick on my official xbox controller doesn't work properly when I use gamepass for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The left stick on my official xbox controller doesn't work properly when I use gamepass for PC: It's just like the title says. I bought an official controller, and it works properly when I use Steam. However, it doesn't for gamepass titles such as Halo collection, FH5, ori... For example,...
  4. Xbox Controller Not Working Properly On Pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Not Working Properly On Pc: Not too sure how to explain this but I'm having an issue with my Xbox controller on pc when I'm using the left joystick which in most games would be the one that controls movement, I guess it...
  5. USB controller doesn't work properly on xcloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB controller doesn't work properly on xcloud: Hi, i bought xbox game pass ultimate to be able to play xcloud on my android phone, but the controller won't work properly. The camera keeps spinning in most games, and my RT and LT buttons...
  6. Third XBox One Controller Not Working Properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Third XBox One Controller Not Working Properly: We are trying to play with three players on my daughter's Xbox One. However, when we try to add a third controller, the joystick and direction buttons won't move anything on screen. This happens...
  7. USB controller doesn't work properly on xcloud

in XBoX Accessibility
    USB controller doesn't work properly on xcloud: Hi, i bought xbox game pass ultimate to be able to play xcloud on my android phone, but the controller won't work properly. The camera keeps spinning in most games, and my RT and LT buttons...
  8. Xbox controller not working properly.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox controller not working properly.: Okay, so basically, I hooked my Xbox up to a different TV. The TV is quite old, probably about 10 years or so, but my Xbox is only about 3 and a half years old. My controller is brand new, I just...
  9. USB port in controller not working properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB port in controller not working properly: The port in my Xbox One controller is not working properly. The USB plugged in only works if i bend it backwards. I've disassembled the controller but couldn't do anything with the port, is there...
  10. Series X Controller stopped working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Controller stopped working properly: For whatever reason the back L and R buttons, as well as the joysticks stopped responding. Every other button works fine, and I got it yesterday so it's barely been used. I'm using it on PC with a...