controller not working when trying to open game

Discus and support controller not working when trying to open game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The controller works except when I try to open the Oblivion game then only the joystick works to move to different options like continue, new, load ,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by yokeddruidrichards, Apr 16, 2021.

1. controller not working when trying to open game

The controller works except when I try to open the Oblivion game then only the joystick works to move to different options like continue, new, load , but I can't select any of them. It's the xbox 1 console

:)

yokeddruidrichards, Apr 16, 2021
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One Controller Not Working

What operating system are you using?

When you open the control panel (use the "classic" control panel on Windows 10, not the "modern" settings app with the cogwheel/gear icon), type "game" into the search panel in the upper right of the control panel window.

It should show you the game controller settings in the search results. Open the game controller settings, and test the controller under the testing tab.

If the controller moves the cross around, the "lights" go on when you press the buttons, and the D-Pad moves the POV circle around, then the controller is working.

You can then try to troubleshoot why Steam is not detecting the controller.
  3. MasTerKi3Z Win User

Batman Telltale Series error

Try to open the game with your console in offline mode If your profile is set as home console. If It works its a problem when You try to open the game when you're online
  4. TimGrayson Win User

Issues with console no responding/Black Screen of Death???

The controller is connected, and will turn the console on without being plugged in. But the function is not working properly. When I try to use controller for anything, it lags a bit and typically will have that error code I mentioned pop up. When I press
    the button on the controller to open up the guide, the screen just dims down and nothing will show.
  5. Vinny #1 Win User

mic not working

This happened to me a few times in the same game, when I discovered a solution: make sure you plugged your headset into the controller before opening the game, do a test by creating a group using your own xbox, if it is working, try opening the game.

Also, make sure that in the audio options the mic is enabled and in the game options the audio is set for the group of people you are playing (xbox group, group or game)
  6. ImMartinFoxx Win User

CONTROLLER DRIFT

Do you happen to eat when you're gaming?

As silly as that sounds, sometimes crumbs and stuff fall into the thumbsticks and cause the controller to drift.

Again, this might sound silly but try blowing inside the thumbstick and see if that helps.

If not, you could try running tweezers around thumbsticks!

If none of these ideas work, you could always open up your controller and fix it that way, but I'd just recommend a new controller at that point!

Best of luck!
Thema:

controller not working when trying to open game

1. controller not working when trying to open game - Similar Threads - controller working trying

2. Trying to use my controller with my iPhone on the cloud gaming service but its not working.

in XboX Insiders
    Trying to use my controller with my iPhone on the cloud gaming service but its not working.: submitted by /u/SpoookyGouda [link] [comments]
  3. Charge Kit NOT WORKING on Xbox One S Controller (tried different cables, etc)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Charge Kit NOT WORKING on Xbox One S Controller (tried different cables, etc): Help! The battery packs work fine, but when plugged in and should be charging--no led on the cable. Tried plugging the cables into the XBOX One S and into USB charger on the wall, but no lights...
  4. New elite series 2 controller xbox button fails to work after5 tries but then wakes up, now...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller xbox button fails to work after5 tries but then wakes up, now...: So why does new hardware tested millions of times just fails on buttons, ? 5f9ef4e1-d984-411b-899e-650518dcec9b
  5. Controller stopped working; tried everything, support not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller stopped working; tried everything, support not working: My xbox one controller that I use wirelessly on PC with the adapter doesn't turn on. It works with the usb cable though. Tried everything to troubleshoot. I tried to replace it in two different...
  6. I am trying to connect a Xbox one controller to my Xbox but the pair button doesn't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to connect a Xbox one controller to my Xbox but the pair button doesn't work.: Recently my Xbox one fell on the floor and the side plate fell off, and the pair button is fried. About a week later I paired my Xbox one controller to my phone but, I can't pair the controller to...
  7. Help! Whenever I try to use my Xbox One Controller no headsets work!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Whenever I try to use my Xbox One Controller no headsets work!: My Standard Xbox One Pro controller seems to have an issue with it. Whenever I'm using any kind of gaming headset with a standard audio jack, if I touch it EVER SO SLIGHTLY or move, I lose all...
  8. RB button broken on my elite controller tried to get device support not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    RB button broken on my elite controller tried to get device support not working: my RB button is broken on my elite and tried to get device support but get this message " The product type does not match with the serial number provided." i put in the right S/N in what is going...
  9. Home button does not work on controller, have already tried hard reset numerous times.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button does not work on controller, have already tried hard reset numerous times.: Hi, I bought my xb1 last Wednesday and have not been able to get the home button to work at all, I have tried the hard reset numerous times and unplugging the console, but still have not got it to...
  10. Controller won't update - Tried using 10+ cables still won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won't update - Tried using 10+ cables still won't work: Before I begin, yes I have already searched the forums and tried the standard solutions(turn off system, press power button to drain power, wait 5 min, take out batteries, plug into system, turn...