Controller not working

Discus and support Controller not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my Xbox controller. A few months ago I plugged it into a PC in order to try out controller while... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShakaMundo, May 12, 2019.

1. ShakaMundo
    ShakaMundo Guest

Controller not working

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my Xbox controller. A few months ago I plugged it into a PC in order to try out controller while online gaming, plugging in the necessary wires to try out a controller online. As well as plugging in my Xbox headset
    to use. When I had finished playing online, and went back to Xbox, I couldn't hear anything coming from my Xbox headset. My roommate had another Xbox controller, so I plugged in his and the headset was working just fine. It seems my controller had reformatted
    itself to work only while plugged into a PC tower. So I bought another controller and stored the "broken" one away. I found it the other day and now I'm wondering if anyone has any idea on how to fix it before I throw it away. Thanks.

:)

ShakaMundo, May 12, 2019
  2. PUDDIN DAGGER Win User

controller not working

Do you have a play and charge kit? If you do try pluging it into the controller maybe it will automatically re connect.
  3. onyxishere Win User

Controller not working

Sorry to hear it. This could be due to an issue with the console. Please try holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds till it shuts down then unplug it and let it sit for 5 minutes to see if that helps.
  4. Yanal311 Win User

Controller will not work

my controller just worked! but something is weird, it will not work from 3 pm to 6 om which is kinda weird but i hope it gets better thank you for your support Mister Gwyther :)
  5. whatsAmada Win User

Controller not working

I've heard of this before, you may need to get a new controller. There is no way to fix it. Also, when did you buy it, it may still be under warranty.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Controller not working

Thema:

Controller not working

1. Controller not working - Similar Threads - Controller working

2. Issue with Design Lab controller - 3.5mm socket not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Design Lab controller - 3.5mm socket not working: Hi all, I've been trying to raise a ticket for the above issue, but there doesn't seem to be an option for returning the controller to be repaired on the normal repair centre page. I was bought...
  3. Xbox Controller not working in games but does on dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Controller not working in games but does on dashboard: So I have logged in this afternoon to find that my RT button doesn't work when I try and play any kind of game however it works just fine on the dashboard and on apps. I've tried all the usual...
  4. Xbox One Controller stops working Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller stops working Windows 10: Hello, I am having an issue where my Xbox One S and original xbox one controllers stop working mid-game. If I alt-tab out and into the program is starts working again but quickly stops. I have...
  5. Xbox Controller Stopped Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Stopped Working: Hi, all; I was in the middle of playing a game when out of nowhere all buttons stopped working despite the controller staying connected. I tried installing new batteries to that controller, and...
  6. Xbox one controller connected but buttons don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller connected but buttons don't work: Hi all, On the oil rig where i work at we have an Xbox for a while but all the controllers and games got stolen. so i bought 2 new controllers and some games for the crew. now I've connected...
  7. xbox controller no longer works

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox controller no longer works: Couple months ago was using an xbox one controller wired to play games on Laptop, just tried today with 2 controllers and neither one seemed to be connecting/usable....
  8. XBox One Controller randomly stops working since update on 4/17

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Controller randomly stops working since update on 4/17: Hi. I have seen a lot of posts online about controllers not working, but none that seem specific to the behavior I am experiencing, which seemed to begin after an update on 4/17. About once a...
  9. Headset stopped working with wireless controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset stopped working with wireless controller: My son's headset has stopped working with his Xbox One wireless controller. He's only had it since Jan and was working fine to start with. Can't seem to find any way to contact Microsoft in NZ to...
  10. Speaker not working on my controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Speaker not working on my controller: The speaker is not working on my controller but it is working on another controller and on my phone its only a few months old 3199c982-32e0-4c10-b7a1-7bafd4ec9b71